Darvel F C 20/21

12 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

If that’s true it will test the mettle of the newly formed WoSFL. Needs to be dealt with, IF it’s true.

IF it's true, it should be dealt with by the SFA. It's their rule that was (allegedly) broken. Nothing to do with the WoSFL.

Are you ok pal? I have a brilliant counselling contact for you. This is nothing more than a jealous pathetic rant. Why do people hate seeing others do well? Its fucking pathetic

This is the problem with folk who haven't been following junior football for very long or just taken a casual look and think oh darvel will be a threat to the top teams rubbish. 
Every season new challengers appear and they always have talbot being top dogs are used to it more than anyone and the money men challengers always fall by the wayside and thats clubs built on a much better foundation than this lot. 
They think are doing something special when they aren't they are a total shambles and a laughing stock and have been from day one . 
The clueless pieman will go back to whatever he was doing before this pet project and the manager will go back to his rightful level amateur and pump some money into some poor unfortunate team and play football manager at that level with his pals. 

17 minutes ago, Ball-foot-score said:

Article says they are challenging Talbot and Kilwinning for the top of the table, I guess they are totally disregarding the other 17 teams in the league, I can see a few opposition team talks being short and sweet, "put them in their place" type.

I think the whole thing is rather unfortunate. A team like Darvel, who have had some much needed finance, now face constant ridicule because they - or more specifically their management team - don't know how to live with it. If you live by the sword you die by the sword. No other WoSL team's manager comes on here and argues the toss. As far as I'm aware no other club chairmen / benefactor bigs up their team to such an extent that team talks for next season really aren't needed. That's something somebody else has alluded to as well with talk of title challenges with Talbot and the Buffs.

To be blunt, the club is a communications nightmare. It hasn't got a clue. It needs to grow up and stop playing games. It needs to take responsibility for it's actions - especially during the Covid-19 lockdown - and let their team do the talking on the pitch. What the club have done, intentionally or not (if it is intentionally then I genuinely fear for them) is to give all their games next season a bit of extra spice. They cant come on here once the season starts and say "Why all the abuse?"

28 minutes ago, glensmad said:
34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
So why is Mr. McKenna referring to it in the media? Am I missing something?

Mr McKenna wasn't referring to any club in particular.

I know. If breaking COVID rules are an SFA remit why is he commenting on it in the media?

11 minutes ago, Darvel Icon said:

Pish talk. So who’s your training. Because your team owes us an apology for your remarks.

Also hearing that you have played a bounce game v U20s recently too ....

I know you will deny it just like you did when the sun posted photos of arranged training stint at Mar Hall & never accepted consequences of bike ride to Edinburgh, but if true you lot should be ashamed 

All these icons and legends in darvel turn up for a few games run your mouth and thats you sorted. 

This clown wants an apology after his own laughing stock of a club have openly broke pandemic rules not once not twice but at least three times, nobody will ever get an apology of any kind off this despicable lot. 

Wasted it for everyone so they have and thats putting it mildly. 

Have to admit if Darvel are found to have flaunted the rules 3 times and have played a friendly match during this lockdown, then the Scottish Government  should come down as hard as possible..... Remember the pie man has received Government help during this pandemic  and i wonder if Ms sturgeon might be asking for it back 

27 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Have to admit if Darvel are found to have flaunted the rules 3 times and have played a friendly match during this lockdown, then the Scottish Government  should come down as hard as possible..... Remember the pie man has received Government help during this pandemic  and i wonder if Ms sturgeon might be asking for it back 

They haven’t, so end of your argument 

1 hour ago, Ball-foot-score said:

On Twitter the Darvel Chairman and Manager are blaming it all on Auchinleck? 

they are trying to make a rivalry out of all this to increase gates when Talbot come to town, the fact he has tagged talbot on twitter is quite frankly embarrassing, talbot can’t control what their fans put on here or anywhere else.

IMG_3138.thumb.jpg.43030e3ad2a3cb564c9c2dc7a5fb7160.jpg

Yet more allegations about Darvel flouting Covid restrictions however, without proof, they can be... and have been ... dismissed as simply yet another attempt to smear the club.

However, following their earlier and proven ‘indiscretion’ at Marr Hall... the Chairman provided the attached statement, alluding that the Club had taken the matter ‘very seriously’ and that disciplinary action was to be taken against those members of the coaching and playing staff who were present.

Perhaps if Darvel were to provide details of the outcome of those proceedings and the actions taken against those involved ...... nobody could be left in any doubt about the Club’s commitment to ensuring it’s adherence to the current playing / training guidelines.

I say this with the assumption that ‘action’ was actually taken.