Darvel F C 20/21

On 7 August 2020 at 10:26, Darvel legend said:

Mark , for the record here is why i resigned from the football club - i was lambasted for the following decisions by the chairman 

1- the lottery which i worked really hard over the years to bring in 25k a year to the club  needed new members so i went to the Galston YC chairman a good friend of mine and said you guys go to the mums and dads of galston and coaches and bring in a 100 new members i will give you half of it and half to us - that was lambasted by the chairman but i would have thought having an affiliation with the club that was quite a fair deal for everyone ?  so why have the affiliation if you cant help each other ? i think we all know the answer to that 

2 - i came up with the idea of a juniors wall to commemorate the guys who have played a part in the clubs history over the years and now we have became a senior club it was the ideal time for this , at the same time the local rangers supporters club approached me and asked if they could have a bust for sammy cox , an ex darvel , rangers and scotland player and i thought yea thats a good idea , again i told them any bricks we sell would be ours but any they brought in would be 50-50 , bearing in mind an e mail was going out to every rangers supporters club in the world , 12,000 of them it could have been a huge money spinner - again this didnt go down well  

3- i did a deal to sell eddie ferns to cumbernauld which involved us getting 100 match programmes from cumbernauld chairman for every home game and a really good programme at that for  this forthcoming season , no hard to work out at £2 a pop plus sell advertising spaces which myself and some of the guys on the commitee had already sold that it would have brought in approx 7k , they sold him for £1500 ?

this gave me no option to resign from my role at the club but i and the other boys who have left are steeped in the history of the club and will still continue to follow darvel home and away and we all wish the club every success in the future , and luckily for you guys we are now allowed on here to talk pish so will make saturdays more interesting for you all  if and when the season ever starts ,  and as for your point re talbot getting mentioned in their post which has disappeared for some reason there are plenty of massive clubs who will pose a threat to darvel and im sure mick and the players will know that 

Put in a load of your time getting sponsorship and starting the lottery which IMO is one of the best ways of raising money .Always  talking up the club,increasing there profile and getting people like me to take an interest,sign up for the lottery and most important attend games when I could .Though the brick is a bit cringe worthy and I am certain wouldn't have went down well with the chairmen .You were certinly an asset to the club and IMHO will be sorely missed .I look forward to you and your brother posting on here again .Fair makes my Saturday night especially when you wind up the  dileverence mob 

Shout out for the Cumbernauld folks.

We'd like to do a deal regarding a player..........

No problem, what you offering says DL.

100 programmes per home game for a season plus twa blaws at a ragman's trumpet.

Done deal, thanks.

No mention of a pandemic or a season we have no idea when it will start or crowds allowed in or a bad winter with games being played next year.

Darvels new money men, £1500 now, cash in hand?

Bye bye DL, don't slam the door on the way out.

18 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Cumbernauld has a fantastic programme , what an inventive way to sell on a player... interesting. That statement from the club was an utter shambles whoever drafted that needs shot. Not thanking you for your outstanding efforts over the years is appalling and petty. Even your hardened critics on here realise what Darvel means to you and how much you have given to the club over the years to be cast aside like this is really poor form from a club attempting to instill community spirit. Keep the heed up.

The new money men don't give a f**k.

10 hours ago, muller said:

You must be one of they frothing at the mouth Celtic fans who’s eyes pop out every time rangers are mentioned.

Be interesting to hear your views on the rochs stance on there “party” with the big team 🙄

What has any of this got to do with St Roch's - mentioned twice on this conversation 

Sorry for posting on Darvels page but what 'party' with the "big team"?

Good luck to Darvel and all other clubs but keep us out your petty bickering 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Glass ceiling said:

What has any of this got to do with St Roch's - mentioned twice on this conversation 

Sorry for posting on Darvels page but what 'party' with the "big team"?

Good luck to Darvel and all other clubs but keep us out your petty bickering 

Thank you 

You benefit on a Saturday when Celtic aren’t playing, prob have fundraisers involving Celtic fans for the benefit of the club but as soon as another team does the same rangers related there’s guys like the said poster beeling about it as if it’s the most frowned upon this level of football has ever seen 🙄

You benefit on a Saturday when Celtic aren’t playing, prob have fundraisers involving Celtic fans for the benefit of the club but as soon as another team does the same rangers related there’s guys like the said poster beeling about it as if it’s the most frowned upon this level of football has ever seen [emoji849]
You do realise that every junior team in Greater Glasgow probably benefits to some extent when Celtic and/or Rangers aren't playing?

5 hours ago, Yogi said:

IMG_7201.jpg

See Darren (the mercenarie) Miller the superstar from Darvel still thinks it’s funny to have broken the Covid rules show a bit of humility ffs

I can confirm there’s no one in the trees
What a walloper 🤨emoji35.png

Guy has always been an arrogant moron who thinks he something when infact he's a laughing stock bit like everyone else at that club and as you say a mercenary .

All the half wit fans of this comedy show of a club fall for his nonsense . 

You do realise that every junior team in Greater Glasgow probably benefits to some extent when Celtic and/or Rangers aren't playing?

You’re probably right paul but I’m not convinced we really need to get into all that on a Darvel forum.

Unless ......... are you part of their new PR / communication strategy ?
A years supply of pies and tattie scones to come on here as a distraction ??

2 hours ago, ballermk said:

Guy has always been an arrogant moron who thinks he something when infact he's a laughing stock bit like everyone else at that club and as you say a mercenary .

All the half wit fans of this comedy show of a club fall for his nonsense . 

West juniors are still dead, you've been shown to not even like the "GRADE" so why continue to post on here when all you do is make people worry that you are seriously ill?

Seek the help, its not a sign of weakness to admit you are struggling.

18 hours ago, Ball-foot-score said:

For attention of the chairmen or the social media football manager, Here's some free advice. Go look at Aberdeen's player statement, Read it. Apologising unreservedly to anyone who may have been impacted by their actions. It's not too late to say sorry and accept responsibility for what was an absolute farce and putting out that statement treating the rest of us with utter contempt.  All the "Oh here's us spending money, sustainability, have you seen our dressing room? that our club logo on the floor! Auchinleck Talbot, Why can't a club aim high? CLUB STATEMENT, have you seen this signing? Auchinleck Talbot, did you see the dressing rooms?" is not making anyone forgot.  

Want to start moving on? Start where it matters, saying sorry.  

If only the well-paid Aberdeen players hadn't behaved like daft wee steamer boys, they wouldn't have had to get someone to apologise for them. It's why Scottish players aren't worth a feck nowadays.

40 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If only the well-paid Aberdeen players hadn't behaved like daft wee steamer boys, they wouldn't have had to get someone to apologise for them. It's why Scottish players aren't worth a feck nowadays.

Nowadays?

Were players never caught out in pubs and clubs the night before big games back in the "good old days"? Was Jimmy Johnstone adrift in a rowboat off Largs in 1974 a figment of my imagination?

Edited by Stag Nation
spllng chck

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Johnny hayes doesn't even get paid deferred it until next year and he apologized personally 

12 minutes ago, Ped said:

Johnny hayes doesn't even get paid deferred it until next year and he apologized personally 

Deferred? That means he still gets it. No need to pass the hat round for him.

Sorry, but this apologising after you get caught doing something that you know is stupid doesn't wash.

47 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Nowadays?

Were players never caught out in pubs and clubs the night before big games back in the "good old days"? Was Jimmy Johnstone adrift in a rowboat off Largs in 1974 a figment of my imagination?

Guys weren't getting paid the big bucks that players get now.

Anyway, going out for a wee row in a boat is different to chancing that you won't catch the plague.

The plague [emoji1787]

Guys weren't getting paid the big bucks that players get now.
Anyway, going out for a wee row in a boat is different to chancing that you won't catch the plague.

Sorry to see Stephen Mcdevitt leaving the club I, m sure we all wish him well someone will get a cracker of a player

Hailed as one of there great players now he’s gone DL must have signed him and the big PIEMAN has got rid
He was 1 of the players mk brought with him from Colville. Only seen him play once n thought he would do really well in my team broke up play and let others do the attacking stuff. Very similiar 2 john jack who was great at this and also the odd great goal

Mon the papers

13 hours ago, Yogi said:

Sorry to see Stephen Mcdevitt leaving the club I, m sure we all wish him well someone will get a cracker of a player

Hailed as one of there great players now he’s gone DL must have signed him and the big PIEMAN has got rid

Stevie was great for us last season and was one of many who were unlucky with injuries at the wrong time. Was always a gentleman and took time out to speak to the youngsters, best wishes to him wherever he plays next.