Darvel F C 20/21

Bizarre statement but what do you expect when you have a supposed PR man totally clueless of football at this level,  a chairman the very same and a manager who thinks he has a grasp of it but really doesn't. 

Keep digging that very very deep hole. 

This is what I was going to post on the club FB post regarding my “resignation “ from the club. For some reason I have been barred from the page and the post has now been taken down re changes🤷🏻‍♂️

was asked 3 years ago to go on the committee and help out. Through various materials I supplied and sponsorships  myself and a few others acquired, we were hoping to achieve an independent club financially. Unfortunately, it got to the stage that my opinion on the way in which the club could reach sustainability without needing a main sponsor (btw I have thanked John Gall personably for his continued sponsorship) was no longer required and it was very clear that if you didn’t agree with the chairman you would have no voice. I am not that kind of person in my private or business life so I “resigned“ from the committee. I wish the club continued success and I’ll be there on a Saturday as a paying punter. 

I’ve read many comments on P&B about Darvel being a ‘laughing stock’ and I’ve always considered them over-the-top and unjustified.......... but this week has altered my view on that.
Rather than show and promote the club in positive light ......their use of social media has, in many instances been completely toxic. Whether that’s been down to DL and his many unnecessarily disrespectful and disparaging comments about other clubs and their officials..... or the Chairman’s recent statements on Facebook/Twitter regarding ‘informal training’ and this week’s committee changes....... the club is a PR shambles.
This week’s statement appears particularly ill-judged...... and made even worse by the fact that it was later removed in the face of some pretty low level criticism !
If the statement was composed, posted and later withdrawn on the back of Mr Guidi’s advice...... they seriously need to rethink his contribution too.
Had a quick look at Guidi’s linkedin profile. He cites David Moyes, the Real Sociadad manager as a reference. Jesus ..... that was 5 years and 3 jobs ago !
Would you take PR advice from somebody who’s too lazy to keep their own PR up to date ?
The investment made clearly gives the club a real chance to make on-field progress in the professional game. Off field ...... still looking pretty amateur to me !
( apologies to any amateurs that may be offended by that remark )

The statement is a master class of bollock speak. I wince whenever I see somebody say they have a "Strategic Business Plan" as Darevl  did here, only to see later that they will "Strategically take the club forward" so two lots of cack in one statement. Well done the Comms Consultant, your wages must be heading towards negative equity soon on your current performance.

For a club not to thank those who  are "all leaving the club" is small minded in the extreme. Courtesy costs nothing. Your talk of competing with Talbot because you have some "well decorated CVs" is embarrassing for you as a club. Tucker won't even have given Darvel a second thought, if he gave them one in the first place.

Keep up the shoddy work, it brightens the day up on here.

3 hours ago, Barney Killoch said:

I’ve read many comments on P&B about Darvel being a ‘laughing stock’ and I’ve always considered them over-the-top and unjustified.......... but this week has altered my view on that.
Rather than show and promote the club in positive light ......their use of social media has, in many instances been completely toxic. Whether that’s been down to DL and his many unnecessarily disrespectful and disparaging comments about other clubs and their officials..... or the Chairman’s recent statements on Facebook/Twitter regarding ‘informal training’ and this week’s committee changes....... the club is a PR shambles.
This week’s statement appears particularly ill-judged...... and made even worse by the fact that it was later removed in the face of some pretty low level criticism !
If the statement was composed, posted and later withdrawn on the back of Mr Guidi’s advice...... they seriously need to rethink his contribution too.
Had a quick look at Guidi’s linkedin profile. He cites David Moyes, the Real Sociadad manager as a reference. Jesus ..... that was 5 years and 3 jobs ago !
Would you take PR advice from somebody who’s too lazy to keep their own PR up to date ?
The investment made clearly gives the club a real chance to make on-field progress in the professional game. Off field ...... still looking pretty amateur to me !
( apologies to any amateurs that may be offended by that remark )

Mark Guidi is not involved at the club, don't believe everything you read on social media. 

20 minutes ago, DarvelBoy said:

Mark Guidi is not involved at the club, don't believe everything you read on social media. 

Probably wouldn't lower himself after reading some of the shambles 😂

Need to take your word for that.
My only observation would be ..... if they genuinely don’t have anybody advising them on PR / social media ..... its time they found somebody.
If they’re doing this off their own back..... its like watching an act of ‘self-harm’ !

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mark , for the record here is why i resigned from the football club - i was lambasted for the following decisions by the chairman 

1- the lottery which i worked really hard over the years to bring in 25k a year to the club  needed new members so i went to the Galston YC chairman a good friend of mine and said you guys go to the mums and dads of galston and coaches and bring in a 100 new members i will give you half of it and half to us - that was lambasted by the chairman but i would have thought having an affiliation with the club that was quite a fair deal for everyone ?  so why have the affiliation if you cant help each other ? i think we all know the answer to that 

2 - i came up with the idea of a juniors wall to commemorate the guys who have played a part in the clubs history over the years and now we have became a senior club it was the ideal time for this , at the same time the local rangers supporters club approached me and asked if they could have a bust for sammy cox , an ex darvel , rangers and scotland player and i thought yea thats a good idea , again i told them any bricks we sell would be ours but any they brought in would be 50-50 , bearing in mind an e mail was going out to every rangers supporters club in the world , 12,000 of them it could have been a huge money spinner - again this didnt go down well  

3- i did a deal to sell eddie ferns to cumbernauld which involved us getting 100 match programmes from cumbernauld chairman for every home game and a really good programme at that for  this forthcoming season , no hard to work out at £2 a pop plus sell advertising spaces which myself and some of the guys on the commitee had already sold that it would have brought in approx 7k , they sold him for £1500 ?

this gave me no option to resign from my role at the club but i and the other boys who have left are steeped in the history of the club and will still continue to follow darvel home and away and we all wish the club every success in the future , and luckily for you guys we are now allowed on here to talk pish so will make saturdays more interesting for you all  if and when the season ever starts ,  and as for your point re talbot getting mentioned in their post which has disappeared for some reason there are plenty of massive clubs who will pose a threat to darvel and im sure mick and the players will know that 

12,000 Rangers fans worldwide!!!

Love it.

Now everybody in the West Region has dropped the kiddy on Junior pish, how about half and half Darvel/Rangers scarfs?

Hello Hello...........

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

12,000 Rangers fans worldwide!!!

Love it.

Now everybody in the West Region has dropped the kiddy on Junior pish, how about half and half Darvel/Rangers scarfs?

Hello Hello...........

Supporters clubs mate,not fans.

You cynic you 😇 All seems fairly typical of modern football, bring along 'business types'  who may be good in their field - but dispense of the real football people. Sounds like a clown buying an EFL 2 club and starts mentioning the Premier League, management (bollocks) speak. Best wishes to the genuine fans of Darvel.

The chancers who appeared after years and now left will still lurk around the club and post on here probably even worse now they have decided rather predictably to walk away from the committee .

All those clueless egos crammed into one small village , all those egos living in cloud coo coo land it was bound to cause friction at some point. 

Instead of quietly slowly with dignity on a small manageable scale building the club to the point where it will have a long term future at a sensible level they have went for the exact opposite and making a mockery of those who once kept this proud little club going, talk of tier 2 championships football i mean come on utter attention seeking nonsense really is. 

The old firm thing many clubs in the juniors play up to that be it famous ex players or whatever st rochs and cambuslang being the main culprits .

5 hours ago, TFW said:

The statement is a master class of bollock speak. I wince whenever I see somebody say they have a "Strategic Business Plan" as Darevl  did here, only to see later that they will "Strategically take the club forward" so two lots of cack in one statement. Well done the Comms Consultant, your wages must be heading towards negative equity soon on your current performance.

For a club not to thank those who  are "all leaving the club" is small minded in the extreme. Courtesy costs nothing. Your talk of competing with Talbot because you have some "well decorated CVs" is embarrassing for you as a club. Tucker won't even have given Darvel a second thought, if he gave them one in the first place.

Keep up the shoddy work, it brightens the day up on here.

Aye. Thought the same myself. "Strategically take the club forward" is the most cringeworthy part.

Folk who throw in business-speak to everything they say or write end up coming across as total morons.

1 hour ago, ballermk said:

The chancers who appeared after years and now left will still lurk around the club and post on here probably even worse now they have decided rather predictably to walk away from the committee .

All those clueless egos crammed into one small village , all those egos living in cloud coo coo land it was bound to cause friction at some point. 

Instead of quietly slowly with dignity on a small manageable scale building the club to the point where it will have a long term future at a sensible level they have went for the exact opposite and making a mockery of those who once kept this proud little club going, talk of tier 2 championships football i mean come on utter attention seeking nonsense really is. 

The old firm thing many clubs in the juniors play up to that be it famous ex players or whatever st rochs and cambuslang being the main culprits .

West Juniors are history, B.

12 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mark , for the record here is why i resigned from the football club - i was lambasted for the following decisions by the chairman 

1- the lottery which i worked really hard over the years to bring in 25k a year to the club  needed new members so i went to the Galston YC chairman a good friend of mine and said you guys go to the mums and dads of galston and coaches and bring in a 100 new members i will give you half of it and half to us - that was lambasted by the chairman but i would have thought having an affiliation with the club that was quite a fair deal for everyone ?  so why have the affiliation if you cant help each other ? i think we all know the answer to that 

2 - i came up with the idea of a juniors wall to commemorate the guys who have played a part in the clubs history over the years and now we have became a senior club it was the ideal time for this , at the same time the local rangers supporters club approached me and asked if they could have a bust for sammy cox , an ex darvel , rangers and scotland player and i thought yea thats a good idea , again i told them any bricks we sell would be ours but any they brought in would be 50-50 , bearing in mind an e mail was going out to every rangers supporters club in the world , 12,000 of them it could have been a huge money spinner - again this didnt go down well  

3- i did a deal to sell eddie ferns to cumbernauld which involved us getting 100 match programmes from cumbernauld chairman for every home game and a really good programme at that for  this forthcoming season , no hard to work out at £2 a pop plus sell advertising spaces which myself and some of the guys on the commitee had already sold that it would have brought in approx 7k , they sold him for £1500 ?

this gave me no option to resign from my role at the club but i and the other boys who have left are steeped in the history of the club and will still continue to follow darvel home and away and we all wish the club every success in the future , and luckily for you guys we are now allowed on here to talk pish so will make saturdays more interesting for you all  if and when the season ever starts ,  and as for your point re talbot getting mentioned in their post which has disappeared for some reason there are plenty of massive clubs who will pose a threat to darvel and im sure mick and the players will know that 

Cumbernauld has a fantastic programme , what an inventive way to sell on a player... interesting. That statement from the club was an utter shambles whoever drafted that needs shot. Not thanking you for your outstanding efforts over the years is appalling and petty. Even your hardened critics on here realise what Darvel means to you and how much you have given to the club over the years to be cast aside like this is really poor form from a club attempting to instill community spirit. Keep the heed up.

12 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Now that's what i'd call a party.

Celtic winning 10 in a row and Darvel losing out to Talbot in the league race.

Sign me up for one of Darvel Legends half and half scarfs.

You must be one of they frothing at the mouth Celtic fans who’s eyes pop out every time rangers are mentioned.

Be interesting to hear your views on the rochs stance on there “party” with the big team 🙄