Darvel F C 20/21

9 minutes ago, ballermk said:

Thats you all away back under the stone you crawled out of never to be seen for another 25 years if lucky enough to still be about then. 

Every club needs a solid foundation committee men and fans who have been solid supporters non stop for decades. 

This club simply don't have that, thats why its all built on sand despite the fancy dressing rooms,  statements and trying to be clever social media .

People will come and go at the drop of a hat eventually the chairman and the manager pumping money in will do the same you can see it coming a mile off us seasoned supporters have seen this all before over the years minus the cringe factor of this lot. 

The only cringe factor is your comments on this forum - you are a very sad individual as others have previously mentioned. You clearly log in  only to post negativity towards Darvel or have some sort of personal problem with someone at the club - sad sad person.

Wow ... That's a heleva statement fae Darv€l and not thanking the lads that have left the club.

I see that a couple of fans no happy & looking to remove their sponsorship/boards etc. but suppose you can't keep everyone happy

Good luck to the other new Galston Guys that have joined the committee & onwards & upwards etc. etc. etc. 

As for Jim & John Wylie, I feel your pain & look forward to you posting again soon here on P&B  :wub:

Darvel.JPG

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Wow ... That's a heleva statement fae Darv€l and not thanking the lads that have left the club.

I see that a couple of fans no happy & looking to remove their sponsorship/boards etc. but suppose you can't keep everyone happy

Good luck to the other new Galston Guys that have joined the committee & onwards & upwards etc. etc. etc. 

As for Jim & John Wylie, I feel your pain & look forward to you posting again soon here on P&B  :wub:

Darvel.JPG

Night of the long spatulas.  😯

i have absolutely no sympathy for darvel legend and the others who where on here shouting there mouths off about what they were gonna do ,disrespecting other clubs and old managers etc;
Most would love investment in there club no doubt ,but see if they had kept a lid on it and been humble and respectful i think most people would have wished them well and hoped they could have a bit of success, but DL and his cronies made it into some kind of hate fest with there ridiculous carry on ,hopefully it will calm down now ,and they"l let there football do the talking now [emoji848] or mibby not [emoji848][emoji23][emoji1787]

14 minutes ago, Yogi said:

IMG_7190.jpg

Thanks very much for this. Don't know what has gone on but do know DL as an ex work colleague. He worked very hard to facilitate Darvel's progression and it was obvious that he has dedicated a large part of his life to the club. I have been critical of him at times and we have had clashes here and privately but whatever has happened I know Darvel will miss his vigour and enthusiasm.

Also, imagine mentioning Talbot in an offical club statement like that. To think Talbot fans have been accused of being obsessed with them. Bizarre.

Thanks very much for this. Don't know what has gone on but do know DL as an ex work colleague. He worked very hard to facilitate Darvel's progression and it was obvious that he has dedicated a large part of his life to the club. I have been critical of him at times and we have had clashes here and privately but whatever has happened I know Darvel will miss his vigour and enthusiasm.
Also, imagine mentioning Talbot in an offical club statement like that. To think Talbot fans have been accused of being obsessed with them. Bizarre.

I would agree. Looks like a really poor attempt to try and curb the arrogance shown on her past few months by fawning over talbot in public. I don’t disagree with the words but what about the other teams who they will need to prove that they can compete with?

I wonder how much guidi charges for his advice?

On the presumed removal of darvel legend, I’m really hopeful that he reappears on here and gives us his side of things. Wasn’t it him who brought the manager to the club?

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Mark , for the record here is why i resigned from the football club - i was lambasted for the following decisions by the chairman 

1- the lottery which i worked really hard over the years to bring in 25k a year to the club  needed new members so i went to the Galston YC chairman a good friend of mine and said you guys go to the mums and dads of galston and coaches and bring in a 100 new members i will give you half of it and half to us - that was lambasted by the chairman but i would have thought having an affiliation with the club that was quite a fair deal for everyone ?  so why have the affiliation if you cant help each other ? i think we all know the answer to that 

2 - i came up with the idea of a juniors wall to commemorate the guys who have played a part in the clubs history over the years and now we have became a senior club it was the ideal time for this , at the same time the local rangers supporters club approached me and asked if they could have a bust for sammy cox , an ex darvel , rangers and scotland player and i thought yea thats a good idea , again i told them any bricks we sell would be ours but any they brought in would be 50-50 , bearing in mind an e mail was going out to every rangers supporters club in the world , 12,000 of them it could have been a huge money spinner - again this didnt go down well  

3- i did a deal to sell eddie ferns to cumbernauld which involved us getting 100 match programmes from cumbernauld chairman for every home game and a really good programme at that for  this forthcoming season , no hard to work out at £2 a pop plus sell advertising spaces which myself and some of the guys on the commitee had already sold that it would have brought in approx 7k , they sold him for £1500 ?

this gave me no option to resign from my role at the club but i and the other boys who have left are steeped in the history of the club and will still continue to follow darvel home and away and we all wish the club every success in the future , and luckily for you guys we are now allowed on here to talk pish so will make saturdays more interesting for you all  if and when the season ever starts ,  and as for your point re talbot getting mentioned in their post which has disappeared for some reason there are plenty of massive clubs who will pose a threat to darvel and im sure mick and the players will know that 

Mark , for the record here is why i resigned from the football club - i was lambasted for the following decisions by the chairman 

1- the lottery which i worked really hard over the years to bring in 25k a year to the club  needed new members so i went to the Galston YC chairman a good friend of mine and said you guys go to the mums and dads of galston and coaches and bring in a 100 new members i will give you half of it and half to us - that was lambasted by the chairman but i would have thought having an affiliation with the club that was quite a fair deal for everyone ?  so why have the affiliation if you cant help each other ? i think we all know the answer to that 

2 - i came up with the idea of a juniors wall to commemorate the guys who have played a part in the clubs history over the years and now we have became a senior club it was the ideal time for this , at the same time the local rangers supporters club approached me and asked if they could have a bust for sammy cox , an ex darvel , rangers and scotland player and i thought yea thats a good idea , again i told them any bricks we sell would be ours but any they brought in would be 50-50 , bearing in mind an e mail was going out to every rangers supporters club in the world , 12,000 of them it could have been a huge money spinner - again this didnt go down well  

3- i did a deal to sell eddie ferns to cumbernauld which involved us getting 100 match programmes from cumbernauld chairman for every home game and a really good programme at that for  this forthcoming season , no hard to work out at £2 a pop plus sell advertising spaces which myself and some of the guys on the commitee had already sold that it would have brought in approx 7k , they sold him for £1500 ?

this gave me no option to resign from my role at the club but i and the other boys who have left are steeped in the history of the club and will still continue to follow darvel home and away and we all wish the club every success in the future , and luckily for you guys we are now allowed on here to talk pish so will make saturdays more interesting for you all  if and when the season ever starts ,  and as for your point re talbot getting mentioned in their post which has disappeared for some reason there are plenty of massive clubs who will pose a threat to darvel and im sure mick and the players will know that 
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

35 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Ask if you can go back...please!!

Cheers for the honesty pal. All the best!

your a talbot fan posting on a Darvel thread, so yes they could say talbot fans are obsessed

19 minutes ago, murray1990 said:

your a talbot fan posting on a Darvel thread, so yes they could say talbot fans are obsessed

Darvel thread on a public football forum. I have also posted on Lanark FC for example but they're ok with it. Don't get your flimsy point really.

If it was only Darvel fans who posted on this it would be like a scene from The Dream Team.

Sounds to me like the pieman is a bit of a dictator it’s either his way or no way at all. I don’t know you personally DL but I’m lead to believe you have a long affiliation with darvel and only want the best for them. It’s clear darvel have made big strides over the past couple of years but I fear the worst for them if the pieman decides he’s bored of his little side project and walks away. You can hardly call him a diehard supporter since he’s only been involved for a few years. Worrying times for darvel imo.