Darvel F C 20/21

22 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Signing guys from championship and league 1 ud want alot more than 2 just compete in tier 6 if u ask me. Darvel will be up there with the bigger clubs like pollok, kilwinning, medda, hurlford n hopefully us trying 2 knock talbot off top spot.

Mon the papers

That’s what I meant being up there with the bigger clubs you mention competing and challenging.

Bit early for committee changes isn't it ?  As to comparisons, did Gretna live the dream and are their fans happier now ? Celtic Nation were a right old mix up, with the ground and clubhouse issues, didn't really know where they were heading. Darvel ? Where do you expect to be in say 10 years time, attracting what crowds ? 

19 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Guy done a good job promoting his club shame he couldn’t keep his mouth under control on here see John the pieman has moved a relative into the role of vice chairman

Father and son in charge now,can only be good for Darvel,good luck to them.     Half Wits Heading." UP THE BRAE ":oops

Young Fraser a cracking boy who will have the clubs best intentions at heart at all time , hopefully now darvel can progress more professionally now without getting involved with other clubs dramas etc and causing beef with people for no reason, I wonder how it will go , time will tell 

5 minutes ago, ballermk said:

Wont end well no matter how they dress it up shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic springs to mind. 

Club now forever tainted. 

I'd say it's now strengthening darvels ambition the money man has his family helping running them and now got rid of the person who was bringing unwanted attention towards them as if darvel legend hadn't winded up folk I dont think they would have as much negativity towards them or people wanting to catch them out like the training situation 

The guy is a fucking idiot. He was told so many times on here not to be so disrespectful and undermine all the good work going on at the club and he wouldn’t listen.

Looks like his arrogance got the better of him in the end!

On 03/08/2020 at 14:16, Sunrise said:

But Gretna AREN'T the best example of moving up the league - for reasons you've demonstrated. Neither were Celtic Nation.

No harm to the current Gretna 2008 committee and support, but the original Gretna were far from popular during their heyday.

Ross County, perhaps, would be a better example of what Darvel would want to be. Though they are also in many ways very different, with a whole stretch of Scotland to themselves.

Darvel will be interesting to watch FWIW. They deserve a bit of success after 20 or so years of struggle.

But I doubt they'd want it to come crashing down within ten years, like at Gretna. Heck, I wouldn't want that at Largs - no matter what short-term success comes first.

Ross Co also largely dependant on multimillionaire to sustain a level of spending and build infrastructure. 

We've seen it countless times in Juniors and I think has also been the case in Highland League - someone comes in with a pot of cash, sinks into the team ( conveniently forgetting in some cases any spectating facilities almost like they are an afterthought ) wins things ... old committee are sidelined and move on ... money person gets fed up punting pots of cash for ever decreasing returns ... walks and club left high and dry. In lower leagues if lucky. Of course in case of Ross Co the commitment is long term and saw club rise to prominence and national trophy success. Who's to say this wont be case with Darvel ?

Does anyone else of a certain vintage remember the old American sitcom Soap? At the start of each episode they would start off with their catchphrase "Confused? You will be....." Could have been written for Darvel fans.

2 hours ago, Darvel Icon said:

Best of luck to Colin, Billy, Jim and John. Worked tirelessly for the club. Not even a thank you in the statement.

Thats you all away back under the stone you crawled out of never to be seen for another 25 years if lucky enough to still be about then. 

Every club needs a solid foundation committee men and fans who have been solid supporters non stop for decades. 

This club simply don't have that, thats why its all built on sand despite the fancy dressing rooms,  statements and trying to be clever social media .

People will come and go at the drop of a hat eventually the chairman and the manager pumping money in will do the same you can see it coming a mile off us seasoned supporters have seen this all before over the years minus the cringe factor of this lot. 

Edited by ballermk