Darvel F C 20/21

Just now, Darvel Icon said:

Still all about the Darvel. We are laughing at you all.

We are laughing at u you are just to thick to see it only reason everyone checks is to see what yous have made a arse of next before u back track and take it down 

3 hours ago, TFW said:

I assume you are admin by the word "our policy" so could you please advise why my thread "where's the Darvel thread gone" was removed? It certainly didn't break any of the policies regarding ethnicity, gender etc, neither was it anything to do with hate, and yet it was unilaterally removed without my being informed. Is freedom of speech now at a premium on P&B?

No idea. What section of the forum did you post it in?

4 hours ago, happy said:

So,  how did it reappear after being deleted for the first time?

The mods restored it. Threads aren't ever permanently deleted, they are just hidden. Sometimes folk delete threads by mistake, sometimes if a thread is popular and we can see no real reason for it to be removed, we'll restore it.

In this case the user in question contacted us and asked politely for it to be permanently hidden and so we obliged.

2 hours ago, Div said:

No idea. What section of the forum did you post it in?

I started a new thread in this section "Where is the Darvel thread?" There were a few posts on it early on, but when I went back later it had been removed. I don't mind things being removed if they are clearly in breach of P&P policy, but this quite clearly wasn't.

2 hours ago, Div said:

The mods restored it. Threads aren't ever permanently deleted, they are just hidden. Sometimes folk delete threads by mistake, sometimes if a thread is popular and we can see no real reason for it to be removed, we'll restore it.

In this case the user in question contacted us and asked politely for it to be permanently hidden and so we obliged.

O.k. That makes sense.You should consider yourself honoured to be "asked politely" by DL erm.....the user, cheers.

19 minutes ago, TFW said:

I started a new thread in this section "Where is the Darvel thread?" There were a few posts on it early on, but when I went back later it had been removed. I don't mind things being removed if they are clearly in breach of P&P policy, but this quite clearly wasn't.

I've looked through all your posting history and can't find any record at all of a topic with that title.

It was possibly merged into the original Darvel thread when it was restored?

Dunno, sorry!

I've looked through all your posting history and can't find any record at all of a topic with that title.
Dunno, sorry!
Something is not right here how can someone make a thread and then its merged into another thread that can't happen has it would be 2 different users making the thread what it looks like is cause its darvel they have asked for all threads related to them to be deleted and you have done this for them so if darvel don't like something they cry but its OK for them to post positive stuff but can't handle anything else I thought this was a forum and not like a child who crys if they don't like something but well done pie and bovril just goes to show who's side u take by the way are sponsored by any pie company's just a general question .

Dunno, sorry!
Something is not right here how can someone make a thread and then its merged into another thread that can't happen has it would be 2 different users making the thread what it looks like is cause its darvel they have asked for all threads related to them to be deleted and you have done this for them so if darvel don't like something they cry but its OK for them to post positive stuff but can't handle anything else I thought this was a forum and not like a child who crys if they don't like something but well done pie and bovril just goes to show who's side u take by the way are sponsored by any pie company's.

Because they do what they want on this site , the mods listen to the prominent posters on here who go crying to them when someone posts and viewpoint that doesn't meet the agenda they have its pathetic . 
As for this darvel nonsense so a man who was rude arrogant disrespectful and down right disgrace to fellow supporters and committee men on here goes crying to the site owner and asks nicely for it to be removed.  Sums this individual and this place up.  

He's back again. [emoji23]

4 hours ago, allyg1977 said:
14 hours ago, Div said:
Dunno, sorry!

Something is not right here how can someone make a thread and then its merged into another thread that can't happen has it would be 2 different users making the thread what it looks like is cause its darvel they have asked for all threads related to them to be deleted and you have done this for them so if darvel don't like something they cry but its OK for them to post positive stuff but can't handle anything else I thought this was a forum and not like a child who crys if they don't like something but well done pie and bovril just goes to show who's side u take by the way are sponsored by any pie company's just a general question .

We merge duplicate threads all the time. Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble and absolutely no idea what the rest of your post is about.

As far as I can see this thread *should* be about Darvel and hasn't been removed, so fire away.

22 hours ago, Sgc said:

The darvel legend was a wind up merchant on here which in turn made the thread very entertaining and got people interested in darvel either in a positive or negative manner , I personally bought season tickets at darvel which are not used much tbh and through my business took out track side sponsorship . That is purely because he increased darvels profile dramatically . Good publicity is great but bad publicity is better than none . As I said this place will be a lot worse of without darvels official thread as it’s views and comments the last few years can contest to . 

Wait, so you bought pitchside advertising and a season ticket because a Darvel poster on P&B was acting like a bit of a cock and you in turn believed that led to Darvel’s profile increasing dramatically? 

1 hour ago, Tartanarmy98 said:

Because they do what they want on this site , the mods listen to the prominent posters on here who go crying to them when someone posts and viewpoint that doesn't meet the agenda they have its pathetic . 

As for this darvel nonsense so a man who was rude arrogant disrespectful and down right disgrace to fellow supporters and committee men on here goes crying to the site owner and asks nicely for it to be removed.  Sums this individual and this place up.  

I think you will find it was the accusations that the club was funded with the proceeds of organised crime that caused the thread to be withdrawn , banter is banter but accusations like that are too much ? 

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wait, so you bought pitchside advertising and a season ticket because a Darvel poster on P&B was acting like a bit of a cock and you in turn believed that led to Darvel’s profile increasing dramatically? 

Actually yes , I was barely aware darvel had a junior team until their profile on social media etc was increased , they went from a handful of boards to posssibly about 100 , season ticket sales and monthly lottery direct debits also soared through the roof . Him acting like a cock as you said made any thread about darvel on here the most viewed and commented on by a considerable distance . Whether you like him or loath him he did what he set out to do well . As far as I am aware they haven’t won anything for years and yet are certainly the most discussed club on pie and Bovril , twitter etc . Job done by the legend I would say . 

7 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Actually yes , I was barely aware darvel had a junior team until their profile on social media etc was increased , they went from a handful of boards to posssibly about 100 , season ticket sales and monthly lottery direct debits also soared through the roof . Him acting like a cock as you said made any thread about darvel on here the most viewed and commented on by a considerable distance . Whether you like him or loath him he did what he set out to do well . As far as I am aware they haven’t won anything for years and yet are certainly the most discussed club on pie and Bovril , twitter etc . Job done by the legend I would say . 

If his job was to make the club look like arrogant big headed self obsessed then u are right job done 😂