Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2020/21

Delighted that Jake Mcatemney has joined the backroom staff at The Rabs to assist with Physio duties. Jake is in the last year of his Sports Therapy qualification and we hope his knowledge will help with the players Fitness, health and wellbeing.
#MonTheRoy[emoji837][emoji835]IMG_20201118_200116.jpeg

On 22/11/2020 at 10:02, Craigyboy said:

Delighted that Jake Mcatemney has joined the backroom staff at The Rabs to assist with Physio duties. Jake is in the last year of his Sports Therapy qualification and we hope his knowledge will help with the players Fitness, health and wellbeing.
#MonTheRoyemoji837.pngemoji835.pngIMG_20201118_200116.jpeg

Mutually beneficial. Good that clubs are willing to give young people a leg up in their careers.

Edited by jimbaxters

Hurlford 2 v 1 Rob Roy

A hard lesson that if you don't take your chances when on top, good sides will punish you. Blair park is always a difficult place to go to and Hurlford are on a good run of form , do it was encouraging that we played so well in the first half creating 3 good chances to score only for the keeper to make 2 great saves and a missed header that should have had us in front at the half...but switching off from marking a man led to Hurlford taking the lead on 41 mins.
The second half Hurlford improved and deserved their second goal , although we had a complaint as our Conor Bell was fouled just before Rab Griffiths gave away a penalty. 2-0 down and to be fair to our players we never gave up. The gaffer went 3 at the back which left us open to a few counter attacks which we were lucky to survive...we kept going and got a goal back with about 5 mins to go from Craig Truesdale but try as we might we couldn't get the equaliser... Hopefully we learn our lesson and take our chances.

Do the club have a video man and a camera man for this season?? 
I take it with a monthly programme for sale someone will be taking photographs. 
Anyhoo nice result saturday and enjoyed the highlight footage i take it is taken by cumbernauld as its on nauld website. 
Neil Anderson usually takes the photographs. Would be good to have a video man so we could cover our games though

Lesson not learned for Rob Roy after last week... Had about 20 shots at goal today , 16 in the first half alone and yet again cone in at halftime 1-0 down to Troon.
We again lose a goal 5 mins into the second half and leave ourselves a mountain to climb.
To be fair to Troon they changed system and sat in and made it so difficult to break them down once they were 2 goals ahead.
We are a young squad, but we have to improve our decision making in the final 3rd and convert the chances we are creating and our play deserves.
Tough day but we have to believe in what we are doing.
#MonTheRoy[emoji837][emoji835]

Alright folks, The Auchterarder Chippy (a new Scottish football podcast in association with Pie & Bovril) has launched a new regular feature called "Auchinleck Who?".

The aim of the feature is to profile some of the new additions to the pyramid and get our listeners familiar with some potential future SPFL clubs they might not know much about. On this week's episode, we profiled Kirkintilloch Rob Roy - have a listen to the episode below!

Just to point out Rob Roy are named after the Rob Roy curling club from the eastside area of the town .

The young men who founded the club were told they had to change the original name they had wanted to register so as they were from east side and enjoyed curling long before football they used the name of the curling club in Kirky. Hence the name Kirkintilloch Rob Roy F C. 

The first ground the football club used the land was donated to them by the same individual who let the Rob Roy curling club use another piece of land nearby to play curling. 

Not sure where Perthshire curling club came from .

Incidentally Rob Roy curling club from Kirky were founded in 1855.

Edited by Gallowhill

Thanks for the info Gallowhill - the Perthshire reference came direct from the history section of the club website! I did think it seemed quite random...

https://www.robroy.org.uk/gct/ct/40

Was really good to learn a wee bit about the club, and I’m officially gutted to have missed my chance to see a game at Adamslie Park!

Appreciate that....I'm sure this would have started by now if it hadn't been for the pandemic. Fingers crossed for a start in January [emoji1696]

Thanks.I can imagine that the current global circumstances haven’t helped with progress.Hopefully Rob Roy will be able to get things underway in 2021 as I feel for the fans.