Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2020/21

12 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

That's where your wrong, the vast majority of Talbot fans will be asking the same question after yesterday's turnaround.

As their not competing in the league who gives a toss what talbot fans think about a random game last season 

Boys before match on saturday our opening senior game very young looking or maybe i'm just getting auld .

Good luck for the season lads keep the heads up, keep working hard and you'll only benefit from experience at this level lots of potential in this squad. 

krr-2020---2021.jpg

Edited by Gallowhill

While I don’t even know / care what Blackie G and others are talking about in respect of a game that did/didn’t take place , the general tone towards Blackie and his team for not taking part in the league and the assertion that they are “looking after themselves” is a bit unfair

Talbot decided that the welfare of their players, staff and fans (to a lesser extent at the moment) was of paramount importance is to be applauded and not scorned.
As a Cumnock fan I totally agree with their decision and also my clubs decision to do similarly

I find it unreal I am agreeing with a Talbot fan so in the spirit of normality - the league title was / is a “tainted title”[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji469][emoji469][emoji469]

It suited us on Saturday, it didn't suit us at that time last season. We were on a terrible run last season and the thought of playing Talbot at home was daunting enough. We had a real injury crisis and heading down to Ayrshire depleted and with the added problem of players unable to make it down there because of Saturday work commitments made it an easy decision for us. The rules say we didn't need to switch the game, so we took advantage of that. Hope this clears things up for you.

Can you explain why you changed venues when you refused Talbot the same request last season?

3 hours ago, Craigyboy said:

It suited us on Saturday, it didn't suit us at that time last season. We were on a terrible run last season and the thought of playing Talbot at home was daunting enough. We had a real injury crisis and heading down to Ayrshire depleted and with the added problem of players unable to make it down there because of Saturday work commitments made it an easy decision for us. The rules say we didn't need to switch the game, so we took advantage of that. Hope this clears things up for you.

Fair and honest answer.

Heartbreaker for the lads yesterday, defended so well during the game only to lose two goals in the final 15 mins. We took the lead through Alex Cassells and created a couple of other chances which would have seen us take a vital two goal lead in very very difficult playing conditions.
As always a 1 goal lead is always precarious and a Beith equaliser meant that it was a nervy ending for both sides. Just as we thought a point was a fair result for the efforts of both teams, a late break by the hosts seen the ball lobbed into our net and then seconds later the ref blew for full time.
A hard one to take for our young side but we have to take it and regroup for next week.
#MonTheRoy[emoji837][emoji835]

Feel for the team and players after games like yesterday the last year or so we have through a whole host of reasons went with a young squad many games we have competed well in and came so close to get justifiable points only to lose a late late goals. 

Guess its all about experience and seeing things out properly and getting that bit of luck that all teams need. 

On a more positive the young team as long as they stay hungry and are willing to learn and develop they will only improve and be a asset to the club in the future 

I've also noticed the numerous fundraising efforts that should be applauded, the way the club have shown great will to play football and keep things going in these pandemic times and in general throughout the nomadic period in our long history is one that should be a source of pride. 

In other words we are a stubborn lot up kirky way and just wont give up 😊

Edited by Gallowhill

Cumbernauld United 1 v 4 Rob Roy
A fantastic first half performance saw The Rabs leading 3-1 at the break and if not for a missed penalty and a series of great stops by the United Keeper it would have been more.
The hosts were much more dangerous in the 2nd half and threw everything at the Rob Roy goal but we defended brilliantly and managed to score a goal with about 15 mins to go to secure a vital and deserved 3 points.
Goalscorers in order were..
Ian Gold
Craig Truesdale
Scott Gold
Alex Cassells
#MonTheRoy[emoji837][emoji835]

On 07/11/2020 at 17:14, Craigyboy said:

Cumbernauld United 1 v 4 Rob Roy
A fantastic first half performance saw The Rabs leading 3-1 at the break and if not for a missed penalty and a series of great stops by the United Keeper it would have been more.
The hosts were much more dangerous in the 2nd half and threw everything at the Rob Roy goal but we defended brilliantly and managed to score a goal with about 15 mins to go to secure a vital and deserved 3 points.
Goalscorers in order were..
Ian Gold
Craig Truesdale
Scott Gold
Alex Cassells
#MonTheRoyemoji837.pngemoji835.png

Smashin result. Set up to be a great game on Saturday 

Big game for The Rabs tomorrow... league leaders Clydebank come to Guys Meadow. Hopefully it beats the weather...sorry our fans can't be there, but if any of our supporters wish to help the club you can via our donateaticket.com/Kirkintilloch-rob-roy-fc/
Any donations are greatfully received.

Poor from us yesterday... praised the side last week but very little positives from the game versus Clydebank who thoroughly deserved their win. We will have to work hard on the training pitch this week to get our young team going again. No excuses

thing is craigyboy your gonna have loads of ups and downs with a youthful inexperienced squad ,this season might be a massive learning curve for them ,but u might reap the benefits next season with no relegation
No doubts about that..I'm more disappointed that the lads let themselves down and that they are better than the bare result appears. We have had a tricky start with Darvel, Beith, Clydebank and a derby game with Cumbernauld thrown in. I'm not downbeat, I'm encouraged at how the lads have done. As always the next game is the important one.