Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2020/21

Friendly Result.
Kilsyth 3-4 KRR

Tough game for the lads today as Kilsyth made it difficult for us throughout.
Goals from Alex Cassells, Danny O'Halloran made the score 2-2 at half time.
In the 2nd half Development forward Sean Mcmonagle scored to make it 3-2 to The Rabs. A late penalty scored by Kilsyth looked to have secured the hosts a draw but a last minute goal from a brilliantly struck free kick by Michael Touhy grabbed a win for Rob Roy.
Lots to work on as the season nears but that's 5 wins in 6 for us so far.
#MonTheRoy[emoji837][emoji835]

14 hours ago, Gallowhill said:

Plans have never changed well online anyway. 

Not sure of time difference on adding the phase two seating as you'd think given the money being spent it be easier to do it all in one go .

Phase one 252 seats main stand 

Phase two 252 seats main stand 

Phase one as in plans 50 VIP seated stand with wheelchair access. 

As you say steering away from picking holes in the details main thing is back in the town hopefully can build things back up again as good potential at club. 

20201010_125656.jpg

20201010_132238.jpg

A couple of standing terraces either side of the 250 stand would be magic if it was too expensive for more seats , would look great in my opinion 

19 hours ago, Gallowhill said:

Plans have never changed well online anyway. 

Not sure of time difference on adding the phase two seating as you'd think given the money being spent it be easier to do it all in one go .

Phase one 252 seats main stand 

Phase two 252 seats main stand 

Phase one as in plans 50 VIP seated stand with wheelchair access. 

As you say steering away from picking holes in the details main thing is back in the town hopefully can build things back up again as good potential at club. 

20201010_125656.jpg

20201010_132238.jpg

If you look closely you can see a jobby in the sink.

Good news that the club have confirmed participation in this coming season. 

Krr are actually in a unique position in this current situation the way things are may actually benefit us in a perverse way. 

This situation gives the club time to regroup, build the stadium get that up and running and gives the new young squad more experience of playing at a good non league level keeping them involved in the game with less pressure than 'normal ' .

Edited by Gallowhill

Friendly Result

Ashfield 0-5 Rob Roy

Another good result for our young squad as we continue to prepare for the season.
A hard fought first half against a hard working Ashfield side ended with The Rabs leading 1-0 with a goal from Craig Truesdale.
The 2nd half seen a number of changes as usual with these games and it seen an improved display with another goal from Truesdale to put us 2-0 up. Goals from Robbie Leighton, Alex Cassels and another goal from 20s striker Sean Mcmonagle sealed an emphatic victory for the lads.

Friendly Result.
Rob Roy 5 v 1 Wishaw FC

So our last pre season game and our manager utilised most of his squad to get vital minutes into the guys before our season opener at home to Darvel.
First half goals by Anton McGuigan ( trialist), Sean Mcmonagle and Ciaran McPherson gave us a 3-1 lead going into the break.
9 second half subs were used and 2 of them , Craig Truesdale and Euan Griffiths scored to make it a final score of 5-1.
We move onto Saturday now, let the games begin.

Good pre season which ultimately means nothing but still good for team to get some confidence ahead of new season. 

Very young squad but one that can hopefully grow together with experience as i have commented current situation probably helps our type of squad more than most. 

Nice to see a boy up front from the very successful youth team promoted to the first team he seemed to be doing well in pre season so why not. 

Edited by Gallowhill

Manager has moved quickly to sign former St.Rochs left sided Def/mid player Anton McGuigan. The gaffer invited him into training and played him in our game versus Wishaw on Wednesday and Anton took his opportunity and scored on his debut. He will go straight into the squad for the league opener against Darvel.

Pre season seems to have gone well. The real work starts tomorrow, as GallowHill already mentioned, with the threat of relegation not there this season it gives our young squad the chance to develop together without added pressure of facing a relegation battle. That being said, we have had some great results in pre season and we've upset the odds alot in recent years at times so I have a feeling we may do better than predicted. As always though mon the Roy [emoji837][emoji835]

Such a hard result to take today, The Rabs were terrific in the first half and being 1-0 at half time was so unjust. The decision by the ref not give a penalty for the most blatant hand ball you'll ever see will live long in the memory.
To be fair to Darvel they improved at the start of the 2nd half and doubled their lead after a mistake in the Rob Roy defence. This was able from which we could not recover. Darvel added to their lead to make it 3 and The Rabs were denied another penalty as Cassells was brought down but again the ref said no.
Hard to take for a young side (average age was 22 today) but promise for the season ahead.
Darvel looked after us today, good luck to them moving forward.

Embarassing and pathetic from a supporter of a club in auchinleck who has decided to look after themselves and NOT play a whole season never mind one game.

I know you will have nothing better to do at the moment but honest to god get a grip. 

Rob Roy looked after themselves on that occasion not to play one game at that point due to circumstances in time just as a said auchinleck are looking after themselves not playing 28 games + this whole season to look after themselves. 

A global pandemic and you are dredging up something that many teams through the years have choose to do in a season that was irrelevant anyway and doesn't matter a jot now. 

It was the start of the new season yesterday in a new era our new young squad and club were able to get the game on with a full squad eager to play after seven months of no competitive football. If thats not alright with you then tough .

Ps feel free to write a letter of complaint to the west region sjfa 😊 if it bothers you so much which it bizarrely still does.

Edited by Gallowhill

7 minutes ago, Gallowhill said:

Embarassing and pathetic from a supporter of a club in auchinleck who has decided to look after themselves and NOT play a whole season never mind one game.

I know you will have nothing better to do at the moment but honest to god get a grip. 

Rob Roy looked after themselves on that occasion not to play one game at that point due to circumstances in time just as a said auchinleck are looking after themselves not playing 28 games + this whole season to look after themselves. 

A global pandemic and you are dredging up something that many teams through the years have choose to do in a season that was irrelevant anyway and doesn't matter a jot now. 

It was the start of the new season yesterday the new fresh squad and club were able to get the game on with a full squad eager to play after seven months of no competitive football. If thats not alright with you then tough .

How dare he dredge up something from the past during a global pandemic....the same global pandemic you criticise his club for not wanting to play 28 matches. Agendas :)

24 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

How dare he dredge up something from the past during a global pandemic....the same global pandemic you criticise his club for not wanting to play 28 matches. Agendas :)

I stated a fact his club have looked after themselves to not play 28 league games my club looked after themselves in not playing one league game at that moment in time in the circumstances we were in . I have no problem with any club doing what is right for themselves in certain circumstances . 

He's banging on about one game against us that ultimately meant nothing yet numerous clubs all over the country in non league have done it all over the years in games and seasons that meant something yet nobody ever brings them up anywhere i read.

I find it bizarre as i guarantee the vast majority of people at auchinleck couldn't give a flying f**k about it. 

Edited by Gallowhill

1 hour ago, Gallowhill said:

I stated a fact his club have looked after themselves to not play 28 league games my club looked after themselves in not playing one league game at that moment in time in the circumstances we were in . I have no problem with any club doing what is right for themselves in certain circumstances . 

He's banging on about one game against us that ultimately meant nothing yet numerous clubs all over the country in non league have done it all over the years in games and seasons that meant something yet nobody ever brings them up anywhere i read.

I find it bizarre as i guarantee the vast majority of people at auchinleck couldn't give a flying f**k about it. 

That's where your wrong, the vast majority of Talbot fans will be asking the same question after yesterday's turnaround.