Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2020/21

Lee - I think there was talk about Glasgow City going to some facility in Auchinairn, at the same time as the council were supposedly still fully behind the initial Lairdsland plan. Councillors speaking with forked tongue.

Of course, since the initial plan (which, remember, also involved our defunct women's team and a shinty team and old uncle tom cobley and all...) there's been a change of council.

Well done getting a reply from Rona McKay. Stuart McDonald has been quite responsive (to me, anyway). My cooncillors not interested.

Lee - I think there was talk about Glasgow City going to some facility in Auchinairn, at the same time as the council were supposedly still fully behind the initial Lairdsland plan. Councillors speaking with forked tongue.

Of course, since the initial plan (which, remember, also involved our defunct women's team and a shinty team and old uncle tom cobley and all...) there's been a change of council.

Well done getting a reply from Rona McKay. Stuart McDonald has been quite responsive (to me, anyway). My cooncillors not interested.
Stuart McDonald I need to give him his due, is very responsive on any issue presented to him. I've contacted him with housing issues and he offered to help me out and he responded to my email regarding the new park too. Jo Swinson took a week to reply (I understand they are busy people) but basically told me the club and supporters would just need to wait until the issues were sorted out. Nothing we didn't know anyway. Amy Callaghan was quick and seemed enthusiastic about getting it sorted out which was great to see as she'd only taken Jo Swinsons seat a matter of weeks when she got back to me.

Aye it would have been Huntershill I believe

14 hours ago, LeeKRR1878 said:
On 09/08/2020 at 03:25, Lokloyal said:
I hope Rob Roy are ok.
But I fear a very long way back.The cash was taken with no thought to the future of the club and nothing has been achieved since the sale of Adamslie.
Perhaps a permanent ground share at Cumbernauld is the way forward-when we are there I really do salute and talk to the 30/40 Rob Roy fans who come off the bus to support the side as to be homeless elsewhere and keep the faith must be very very difficult.

When you say "nothing has been achieved since the sale of Adamslie" do you mean in terms of the new ground or success on the park?

I mean seeing physical progress with a new stadium.Where is it?I really hope Rob Roy can deliver but all of this is taking a very long time and that adds doubt at every turn.The whole thing has taken far too long and it is the football club and fans who will suffer.

Had they not already started digging out on a site then everything came 2 a halt cos they ran out of money? Or was that just p&b billybullsh!te? Lol hope krr get it sorted asap. Dunbartonshire council is a nightmare in the west until we got 1 on board who now is chairman of holm park community stadium and his son plays for 1 of our great academy teams. Just got 2 believe theres someone out whos willing 2 help krr get a ground back in kirkie.

Mon the papers

I mean seeing physical progress with a new stadium.Where is it?I really hope Rob Roy can deliver but all of this is taking a very long time and that adds doubt at every turn.The whole thing has taken far too long and it is the football club and fans who will suffer.
The word is that work will begin next month. The flattening of the ground and its come from someone pretty reliable. Yeah it's very frustrating

Had they not already started digging out on a site then everything came 2 a halt cos they ran out of money? Or was that just p&b billybullsh!te? Lol hope krr get it sorted asap. Dunbartonshire council is a nightmare in the west until we got 1 on board who now is chairman of holm park community stadium and his son plays for 1 of our great academy teams. Just got 2 believe theres someone out whos willing 2 help krr get a ground back in kirkie.

Mon the papers

A load of nonsense on here. They have earmarked the ground but no building has ever started.

This kind of is what puts me off P&B. Too many people who don't know what they're talking about with certain subjects like to write up nonsense. Guys from places like south Ayrshire who have never been to Kirky since Adamslie closing telling folk what's happening within the town in regards to the club.

This isn't a direct dig at you btw, please don't take it that way

A load of nonsense on here. They have earmarked the ground but no building has ever started.

This kind of is what puts me off P&B. Too many people who don't know what they're talking about with certain subjects like to write up nonsense. Guys from places like south Ayrshire who have never been to Kirky since Adamslie closing telling folk what's happening within the town in regards to the club.

This isn't a direct dig at you btw, please don't take it that way

To be fair people are just asking questions. I know that I had heard stuff and looked for clarifications from fans. I think most people will hope that KRR can get a resolution that means they can move back to Kirkintilloch.

To be fair people are just asking questions. I know that I had heard stuff and looked for clarifications from fans. I think most people will hope that KRR can get a resolution that means they can move back to Kirkintilloch.
Absolutely and they are entitled to ask questions. But there's a difference between asking questions and writing stuff in which people are claiming is the truth when they don't actually know.

5 hours ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

This kind of is what puts me off P&B. Too many people who don't know what they're talking about with certain subjects like to write up nonsense. 

That's the best part.

😨 I believed all the P&B nonsense until now ! Most times I try to check the club website just to clarify any lingering doubts. Seems the same over the UK, councils bend over backwards for some strange sports ,almost unknown, whilst burying their heads in the sand over the biggest money spinner to most towns, villages FOOTBALL. Good luck Rob Roy ⚽

There was a time last pre-season that football teams couldn't get bookings at Glasgow Green Football Centre because both pitches had been booked out, one by a rugby club and one by a frisbee throwing club, both from outside Glasgow. I kid you not - Glasgow Green FOOTBALL Centre, paid for by Glasgow tax payers.

Its going to be a FIFA approved 4g or 5g or whatever you want to call it football stadium. 

Rob Roy will build the ground and operate it .

Everything i've read and heard in recent times is this is a football ground / stadium with plans already in place for the 1st team to train and multiple krr youth teams to train on it as well as schemes using football and run by the club to help in the community in areas of mental health and health fitness wellness etc. 

No doubt many local football clubs at all levels will want to hire the park and it will be up to rob roy who gets what and when. 

Incidentally Rob Roy are not a village team 😊 .

Edited by Haysonhyppie

• 2 weeks later...

If there's one upside to the Covid lockdown it's no longer being in the pie queue at Guy's Meadow with away fans asking 'What's happening about your new stadium?' and them looking a bit disbelieving when I answer 'I haven't a clue.'

• 3 weeks later...