Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2020/21

5 hours ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

emoji1318.pngemoji1318.png What this guy said. I think moving into the West of Scotland league was a catalyst in moving this on as that is essentially bringing a senior team back into the town. The good thing is that with it being built from scratch the club and builders can plan it (I know plans are already there) so it can comply with licensing standards

That is excellent news.Heres hoping that there is something visible happening in September.Is that 8 years now since the club left Adamslie?

Glasgow city or KIRKINTILLOCH rob roy ,ffs edc the clue is in the name about who should be the preferred option ,lee honestly corrupt the lot off them , all about backhanders ,favours and greed at all levels [emoji849]

Glasgow City have an astounding youth programme and are great ambassadors for Scottish sport. Whether it’s right for them to have been considered such candidates in this case, I can easily see why they would be.

Its been six years away. 

Glasgow city was just a strong rumour going around the town as the club who late in the day made a bid for the land turns out it wasn't them but partick thistle who wanted to build a training academy in the area. Thistle then turned attention to another plot of land in between kirkintilloch and bishopbriggs but that has since fell threw or stalled altogether. 

Glasgow city would have no funding anyway to build a stadium on the land and have no place in a reasonably big town like kirkintilloch where the history and name of krr have always been associated with and thats the way it should be. 

The season ahead will be tough a very young squad where priority will be put into the new stadium it will take a period of building things back up slowly to once again attract some of the top names in non league football something i'm sure most supporters are happy with given the difficult years. 

The youth team have a very good name and squad and current scottish under 19s cup holders and now moving to 20s so the club is in a decent place in that regard. 

Edited by Haysonhyppie

Its been six years away. 
Glasgow city was just a strong rumour going around the town as the club who late in the day made a bid for the land turns out it wasn't them but partick thistle who wanted to build a training academy in the area. Thistle then turned attention to another plot of land in between kirkintilloch and bishopbriggs but that has since fell threw or stalled altogether. 
Glasgow city would have no funding anyway to build a stadium on the land and have no place in a reasonably big town like kirkintilloch where the history and name of krr have always been associated with and thats the way it should be. 
The season ahead will be tough a very young squad where priority will be put into the new stadium it will take a period of building things back up slowly to once again attract some of the top names in non league football something i'm sure most supporters are happy with given the difficult years. 
The youth team have a very good name and squad and current scottish under 19s cup holders and now moving to 20s so the club is in a decent place in that regard. 
The plot of land Partick Thistle chose was the original site KRR looked at to build the new ground all those years ago when the idea of building a new ground first came about. Which was the early 00s. They were refused it though as it had something to do with either it being on the flood plains or another reason similar to that. I can't recall any work taking place at that area of land so that could be a possibility as to why the Thistle thing went very quiet all of a sudden.

Just blame the cooncillors then Lee...it must be their fault. Disregard the fact that some of them were still in school when your committee sold out your ground from under you.

Please don't get me wrong here, I hope this all works out for KRR but you're looking in the wrong place for scapegoats or sympathy.

Mr Pennel 😉

With the greatest of respect you are just commenting without really knowing what you are talking about or understanding the reputation the clubs local council have. 

Never been on the committee or been a club trustee but i can say for the avoidance of doubt the club never sold the football ground the exchange of money for that goes through when everything in the new place is signed which only now has happened.

Our main sponsors being the company building on the old football park.

They have ring fenced the money for the sale of the football ground itself and held it back all these years waiting patiently most probably down to the fact it is in prime real estate in one of the most expensive councils in the country to buy land. 

The club sold the old car park and social club land and the area behind old main stand around 2011 not even ten years ago not sure what age councillors are where you are but none here that i know of are under the age of 25 😊 .

The last thing i've ever heard from anyone connected with the club in the real world has been sympathy they have been frustrated and worried yes but not sympathy.

Many have fought to keep our club alive for many years knowing full well mistakes even though they were made in good faith mistakes were made by the club.

If they were made in bad faith then the club wouldn't be around now like bailleston aren't .

The future now is hopefully a lot lot brighter .

Edited by Haysonhyppie

Just blame the cooncillors then Lee...it must be their fault. Disregard the fact that some of them were still in school when your committee sold out your ground from under you.
Please don't get me wrong here, I hope this all works out for KRR but you're looking in the wrong place for scapegoats or sympathy.
If you had taken the time to actually bother reading what I had said then you'd have saw I'm not just blaming the council.

What I said was that the committee at the time made mistakes and went about it completely the wrong way. Nobody is disputing that fact like I've already said.

What I'm angry at the council for is the events in March 2018 when the council did a U-turn on the club. EDC were supposed to be supporting it, said they couldn't find the funding and put the land up for a bid.

As for the councilors being in school at the time, most of them involved are older than me and I had left school by the time of the sale.

Bit of advice, read comments properly and know the ins and outs before weighing in on a discussion

Glasgow City have an astounding youth programme and are great ambassadors for Scottish sport. Whether it’s right for them to have been considered such candidates in this case, I can easily see why they would be.
ive nothing against Glasgow city sunrise, ive no doubt they do some great things ,but surely the club that comes from the actual town should be first in line imo ?

Mr Pennel [emoji6]
With the greatest of respect you are just commenting without really knowing what you are talking about or understanding the reputation the clubs local council have. 
Never been on the committee or been a club trustee but i can say for the avoidance of doubt the club never sold the football ground the exchange of money for that goes through when everything in the new place is signed which only now has happened.
Our main sponsors being the company building on the old football park.
They have ring fenced the money for the sale of the football ground itself and held it back all these years waiting patiently most probably down to the fact it is in prime real estate in one of the most expensive councils in the country to buy land. 
The club sold the old car park and social club land and the area behind old main stand around 2011 not even ten years ago not sure what age councillors are where you are but none here that i know of are under the age of 25 [emoji4] .
The last thing i've ever heard from anyone connected with the club in the real world has been sympathy they have been frustrated and worried yes but not sympathy.
Many have fought to keep our club alive for many years knowing full well mistakes even though they were made in good faith mistakes were made by the club.
If they were made in bad faith then the club wouldn't be around now like bailleston aren't .
The future now is hopefully a lot lot brighter .

Why move out though before having another place signed and sealed and in development? I do feel sorry for the Rob Roy fans in having to travel every week and fair play to them for still turning up every week but the biggest error was making the sale before having an alternative within the town in place.

My understanding is that the sale of the ground behind the stand and car park were separate. That money was spent mainly on players and that the club need some grants to make up a short fall in funds to make the new ground up to licence standards. You guys will maybe know better but that was somebody previously very involved in the club that told me that.

Yes it was seperate i never said that money was being used for the new stadium. As i said the football ground itself wasn't sold until now when the new development got the go ahead from the council .

The club had a location when they moved out the legal dispute between the two different house builders that stalled for years and then subsequently issues with the council threw any plans of a quick transition into chaos. 

The club has recieved one grant for a scheme its putting in place locally called rabs health kick for a 4 figure sum from the national lottery community fund and may get smaller sums to fund ventures like this in the future from organisations and that funding acceptance can viewed online which is the only one given by lottery. 

Certainly no talk, rumours,  announcements or online evidence about any large scale funding to help with a stadium so it would be curious to find out where the person who used to be involved is getting this from. The full stadium plans are online to view in great detail and it all looks easily up to license to me. 

Someone who used to be involved is maybe not the best person to get info from especially if you were told this a while back. 

Its now a case for rabs fans to look to the future events off field from the last 5-10 years have been discussed to death and it gets nobody anywhere .

This club deserve a bright future and now it has that. 

Edited by Haysonhyppie

Yes it was seperate i never said that money was being used for the new stadium. As i said the football ground itself wasn't sold until now when the new development got the go ahead from the council .
The club had a location when they moved out the legal dispute between the two different house builders that stalled for years and then subsequently issues with the council threw any plans of a quick transition into chaos. 
The club has recieved one grant for a scheme its putting in place locally called rabs health kick for a 4 figure sum from the national lottery community fund and may get smaller sums to fund ventures like this in the future from organisations and that funding acceptance can viewed online which is the only one given by lottery. 
Certainly no talk, rumours,  announcements or online evidence about any large scale funding to help with a stadium so it would be curious to find out where the person who used to be involved is getting this from. The full stadium plans are online to view in great detail and it all looks easily up to license to me. 
Someone who used to be involved is maybe not the best person to get info from especially if you were told this a while back. 
Its now a case for rabs fans to look to the future events off field from the last 5-10 years have been discussed to death and it gets nobody anywhere .
This club deserve a bright future and now it has that. 

Hence my point that you might know better. The person said that they were trying to tie in with other clubs to make it a community facility that would make it easier to access grant funding from things like big lottery and sport Scotland. I do remember some talk about other sports being involved is that still the case?

As I said I think the clubs error was to sign the land over with the new ground being ready. It didn’t go well for Airdrie or Hamilton being out of the town for a while and it is bound to have an effect on KRR.

Good luck to them and hopefully it comes together soon.

P.S....I'm with you. I want them back in their own place serving their own community. I don't want to sound harsh here but there's been about half a dozen ( maybe more) clubs who have managed to get entirely new stadia built in the six (or eight) years since they sold the ground (or surrounding land)...delete as appropriate to suit the narrative.

I'm sure we've all got our fingers crossed for them.

Don't take it wrong,..we wish you well. We mean it.

43 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

You're wasting your time with them. It's been blah, blah, blah for years now. Can't wait for the photo in the Herald where they point to the "corrupt" cooncillors.

I hope Rob Roy are ok.

But I fear a very long way back.The cash was taken with no thought to the future of the club and nothing has been achieved since the sale of Adamslie.
Perhaps a permanent ground share at Cumbernauld is the way forward-when we are there I really do salute and talk to the 30/40 Rob Roy fans who come off the bus to support the side as to be homeless elsewhere and keep the faith must be very very difficult.

2 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

P.S....I'm with you. I want them back in their own place serving their own community. I don't want to sound harsh here but there's been about half a dozen ( maybe more) clubs who have managed to get entirely new stadia built in the six (or eight) years since they sold the ground (or surrounding land)...delete as appropriate to suit the narrative.

I'm sure we've all got our fingers crossed for them.

Don't take it wrong,..we wish you well. We mean it.

Listen a kilsyth rangers fan said this internet page the word 'corrupt' people can be a bit 'excited' on these types of pages. 

The boy Iee was very reasonable and pretty much spot on with his comments. 

Sure the council don't have a good reputation in the local area thats just a fact but nobody at rob roy speaking rationally has ever said they are 'corrupt ' .

They didn't handle the situation well for nearly six years now and rob roy football club made a pigs ear of things the previous years before despite some unfortunate issues they couldn't control the buck must stop with the club at the beginning.

No denying for two years out of the last ten we spent way to much money on the players that was a mistake. 

Thankfully a local man in maxi took over as manager seven years ago fixed the mess we were in stabilized things and also brought us some success . Going off on a tangent here a bit i know but the guy genuinely loves the club and does a tremendous amount of work on and off the park. We got very very lucky in getting him at that moment in time and suspect thats stewart now a one club man from now on either as manager or in youth development or off field ventures in the community and the stadium .

So on the ground we moved out but but the deal and exchange of money couldn't take place officially till the council rubber stamped the southbank site which for a variety of reasons took six years instead of one year. 

EDIT :

Mr lokloyal - committee man at pollok or ex committee .

THERE WAS NO SALE OF ADAMSLIE FOOTBALL PARK AT ANY POINT IN THE PREVIOUS YEARS.

Sorry i'm not shouting and i know i'm repeating myself 😊

The club have all the plans to make a real go of things in the town much of it the wheels are already well in motion.

You aren't privy to the proper information thats why you make ill informed comments but i do appreciate you have an interest in this and have no ill feeling towards the club. 

Without meaning to sound pompous we are a proper institution in our town and a famous old name in scottish football we will be back playing in kirkie nowhere else with the greatest of respect we are not a rossvale .

Edited by Haysonhyppie

Sadly I never got around to visiting Adamslie, looked a great old ground. Like most clubs the sale of a ground with promises is usually flawed, and then it's a hard slog to get there. Hopefully the new ground will come to fruition sometime soon, are the plans available to see anywhere ? and also let the fans have a say in things. Good luck Rob Roy 

5 hours ago, Haysonhyppie said:

Listen a kilsyth rangers fan said this internet page the word 'corrupt' people can be a bit 'excited' on these types of pages. 

The boy Iee was very reasonable and pretty much spot on with his comments. 

Sure the council don't have a good reputation in the local area thats just a fact but nobody at rob roy speaking rationally has ever said they are 'corrupt ' .

They didn't handle the situation well for nearly six years now and rob roy football club made a pigs ear of things the previous years before despite some unfortunate issues they couldn't control the buck must stop with the club at the beginning.

No denying for two years out of the last ten we spent way to much money on the players that was a mistake. 

Thankfully a local man in maxi took over as manager seven years ago fixed the mess we were in stabilized things and also brought us some success . Going off on a tangent here a bit i know but the guy genuinely loves the club and does a tremendous amount of work on and off the park. We got very very lucky in getting him at that moment in time and suspect thats stewart now a one club man from now on either as manager or in youth development or off field ventures in the community and the stadium .

So on the ground we moved out but but the deal and exchange of money couldn't take place officially till the council rubber stamped the southbank site which for a variety of reasons took six years instead of one year. 

EDIT :

Mr lokloyal - committee man at pollok or ex committee .

THERE WAS NO SALE OF ADAMSLIE FOOTBALL PARK AT ANY POINT IN THE PREVIOUS YEARS.

Sorry i'm not shouting and i know i'm repeating myself 😊

The club have all the plans to make a real go of things in the town much of it the wheels are already well in motion.

You aren't privy to the proper information thats why you make ill informed comments but i do appreciate you have an interest in this and have no ill feeling towards the club. 

Without meaning to sound pompous we are a proper institution in our town and a famous old name in scottish football we will be back playing in kirkie nowhere else with the greatest of respect we are not a rossvale .

Thanks-just hope now things are back on the rails and that KRR can get back up and running in their own town -where they should be.Wish them nothing but good luck in getting there for the club and the loyal fans

your right ,it was me who used the word corrupt ,maybe not the best word to use in hindsight,just thought was crazy the council would even contemplate a team from outwith the town before rob roy getting the site ?
i still fear for there future, but i hope i'm totaly wrong and they get there new home and go on and prosper for years to come .

I hope Rob Roy are ok.
But I fear a very long way back.The cash was taken with no thought to the future of the club and nothing has been achieved since the sale of Adamslie.
Perhaps a permanent ground share at Cumbernauld is the way forward-when we are there I really do salute and talk to the 30/40 Rob Roy fans who come off the bus to support the side as to be homeless elsewhere and keep the faith must be very very difficult.
When you say "nothing has been achieved since the sale of Adamslie" do you mean in terms of the new ground or success on the park?