Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2020/21

Not really. Any time any progress is made, more problems appear.

I'll rejoice on the day when the place opens, dozens of Councillors pose for photies in brand new scarves, and then shoot the craw before the game even starts.

I'm assuming that however promotion to the Lowland operates, ground-sharing will probably be a bar to it? Not that I'm expecting us to be in the promotion mix for the foreseeable.

I'll rejoice on the day when the place opens, dozens of Councillors pose for photies in brand new scarves, and then shoot the craw before the game even starts.
I'm assuming that however promotion to the Lowland operates, ground-sharing will probably be a bar to it? Not that I'm expecting us to be in the promotion mix for the foreseeable.
Why would ground-sharing be banned in the Lowland League ? The LL chairman's club (BSC Glasgow) ground-share, as do Cumbernauld Colts.

Why would ground-sharing be banned in the Lowland League ? The LL chairman's club (BSC Glasgow) ground-share, as do Cumbernauld Colts.

Guessing they mean the habit of changing the rules for those coming up.

Bit of history regarding last minute rule changes as seen recently in the WoSFL.

It wiznae us, it was the SFA.........

22 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

BSC Glasgow, Cumbernauld Colts, Stirling University, East Stirlingshire, The Spartans all play at grounds that have groundshare agreements.

The issue for promotion to the Lowland League is the ability to get licenced. As KRR aren't the primary tenant you're kind of at the mercy of whoever operates the ground that will pursue or allow any required improvements to be made.

Even then it depends on the type of agreement you have. Dunipace are licenced now and last year Syngenta Juniors were groundsharing. Except Syngenta didn't have access to the main changing rooms at the ground so would fallen down on that licencing front.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

BSC Glasgow, Cumbernauld Colts, Stirling University, East Stirlingshire, The Spartans all play at grounds that have groundshare agreements.

The issue for promotion to the Lowland League is the ability to get licenced. As KRR aren't the primary tenant you're kind of at the mercy of whoever operates the ground that will pursue or allow any required improvements to be made.

Even then it depends on the type of agreement you have. Dunipace are licenced now and last year Syngenta Juniors were groundsharing. Except Syngenta didn't have access to the main changing rooms at the ground so would fallen down on that licencing front.

Add Glasgow University to the list, they will be sharing with Airdrie this season..

17 hours ago, glensmad said:
17 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Because of the grade mentality and 150k toilets still in the brain of people in the west that will disappear soon as the fans will start to embrace and enjoy their new set up and seeing better calibre players already join the league people will start to understand why it's better and then the lowland league will become stronger with all the different clubs that will come into it

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Because of the grade mentality and 150k toilets still in the brain of people in the west that will disappear soon as the fans will start to embrace and enjoy their new set up and seeing better calibre players already join the league people will start to understand why it's better and then the lowland league will become stronger with all the different clubs that will come into it

Is that what happened to you guys? Do you feel you attract better players since the move?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Is that what happened to you guys? Do you feel you attract better players since the move?

We wouldnt have got kieran anderson if we stayed junior. We wouldnt have been able to keep a hold of a lot of the players. We wouldnt have the youth set up and we just sold a player to Falkirk for money and a sell on clause we were on the brink of collapse as a junior club

20 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Sadly,an all too familiar scenario..

The problem with some of the councilors in East Dunbartonshire is that they don't originally come from there, particularly the ones that deal with Kirky don't come from Kirky so they don't quite fully understand the history and the importance to some people the club has. Some of them might just think "ach it's just another football team. They come and go."

I emailed a few of the councilors who are local and who had their faces on the Herald posing with scarves and I did receive replies. Amy Callaghan and Rona McKay in particular gave good responses and were able to set up a meeting with the club to discuss the new ground. I wasn't part of that meeting as I'm not an official of the club but I did hear that it was a very positive outcome. Then lockdown happened which put the brakes on everything really which is understandable. But the beginning of last month there was a development which is another step forward.

However, what happened previously when the land was chosen and EDC claimed they were finding the funds for it or whatever then all of a sudden put the ground up for a bid and I'm sure it was between Rob Roy and a women's football team (Glasgow City I'm sure it was). I don't know exactly why this happened but a rumor was that one of the head councilors had a niece or something who was involved with the club in question. So I can understand exactly why people do not trust EDC.

Me personally, I'm remaining positive about it all. Those involved with the club today have its best interests in mind but at the same time I'm wary of EDC since their previous stunt

Blaming "corrupt" councillors for the lack of a home ground within the town are we ?

Is that the stage we're at now ?

Was it "corrupt" councillors who sold off the ground to property developers without an alternative stadium in place ?

The only people to blame for the current plight of KRR are the people who were running KRR at the time of the sale. The clue would be the fact that they sold the ground to property developers.

Blaming "corrupt" councillors for the lack of a home ground within the town are we ?
Was it "corrupt" councillors who sold off the ground to property developers without an alternative stadium in place ?
The only people to blame for the current plight of KRR are the people who were running KRR at the time of the sale. The clue would be the fact that they sold the ground to property developers.
i meant the point of favouring glasgow city over the local club on the corrupt bit ,of course there's been mistakes made ,they should have had a clear plan in place before they sold there ground i agree [emoji106]

No. Everyone accepts the way it was handled was wrong. No one is disputing that fact. However, it was looking like we were finally moving forward with this and everything looked to be in place and then all of a sudden the goal posts were moved. Anyway I've heard from a reliable source some good news about it.

Keep your attention on the club in September [emoji6]

We've signed Robert Griffiths who played for East Stirlingshire last season. 21 years old and is a defender.

Also signed Ciaran McPherson who played for Pollok u21s last season and was voted player of the year for them too.

This coming seasons will be tough for us and we seem to have a very young squad but hopefully we can keep a good section of the young players for a few seasons, let them gel and go on and do well for the club

Hi folks 

The situation the club has been in for years has been no individuals fault more combination of bad decisions by club officials made in good faith , poor management from the council and sheer bad luck. 

The main thing is the club have survived against the odds for a long time now and an old famous name in the game can continue with a proper long term future. 

I was told ground clearing and flattening starts september with construction right away once that has taken place. 

The land is in a good location a bit nearer the town centre than the old ground near the kirkintilloch marina and st ninians high school. 

The land has always been earmarked for a sports development thats why no flats or anything else has been built on it all these years. 

The land is the councils the ground will be built by Rob Roy money from sale of old park as well as operated by Rob Roy and become the clubs permanent home. 

Sure it wont have the history and magic of the old place but it will be a modern stadium built for the 21st century and ensure the club are around for many more decades to come in a new football world at this level .

Given how uncertain it's looked for a long time with fans not knowing if they will have a club to go back and watch season after season i would say finally finally a good outcome has arrived six years after moving out of the town. 

Edited by Haysonhyppie

Hi folks 
The situation the club has been in for years has been no individuals fault more combination of bad decisions by club officials made in good faith , poor management from the council and sheer bad luck. 
The main thing is the club have survived against the odds for a long time now and an old famous name in the game can continue with a proper long term future. 
I was told ground clearing and flattening starts september with construction right away once that has taken place. 
The land is in a good location a bit nearer the town centre than the old ground near the kirkintilloch marina and st ninians high school. 
The land has always been earmarked for a sports development thats why no flats or anything else has been built on it all these years. 
The land is the councils the ground will be built by Rob Roy money from sale of old park as well as operated by Rob Roy and become the clubs permanent home. 
Sure it wont have the history and magic of the old place but it will be a modern stadium built for the 21st century and ensure the club are around for many more decades to come in a new football world at this level .
Given how uncertain it's looked for a long time with fans not knowing if they will have a club to go back and watch season after season i would say finally finally a good outcome has arrived six years after moving out of the town. 
[emoji1318][emoji1318] What this guy said. I think moving into the West of Scotland league was a catalyst in moving this on as that is essentially bringing a senior team back into the town. The good thing is that with it being built from scratch the club and builders can plan it (I know plans are already there) so it can comply with licensing standards