West Region title investigation

JaffaJoons

So:

The crux of the whole matter was the MC ultimate desire to have a team in next season's SC,
(notwithstanding the fact that the other two regions, North and East, had chosen not to do so), and
to achieve that by some kind of sporting merit.

OK. How can they achieve that? 

Despite the WR MC meeting of 14 April having decided null & void, (albeit no formal vote
took place, it was accepted / agreed by MC) in terms of concluding the season 2019-20, the WR MC
were aware they needed to select a team for the SC.

Fine.  Work out who the right champion is.  Either on a points on board or on a PPG basis.  Report takes it as read that PPG is the only fair way.  The problem is that if they null & void the season, there are no games at all.  Everything is wiped out.  Everyone has 0 points.

So they basically un-voided the season.

It seems that null & void was unintended.  They were hoping to name someone for the Scottish Cup whether they voided the season or not.  Just that voiding the season would have stopped a nomination.  How come the managing committee couldn't spot that trap?

The fact that the communications by email of 9-13 April don't seem to have been fully taken on
board by the MC in general at their meeting on 14 April we can't quite fathom,

lol

The moral question is whether it is better for Talbot to get the advantage from their on-field performances of a Scottish Cup place, or for nobody to get it because the season had not played out.

I think the former is fairer.  Means those games have meaning.

On 30/06/2020 at 15:55, Stag Nation said:

I haven't read the WRJFA's constiution, but I'd guess it was based on the SJFA's, which is a real dog's breakfast.

Until reconstruction in 2018, the WRSJFA constitution was actually LESS confusing and error-strewn than the SJFA's.

But they failed to publish a fully amended version after reconstruction. Changes were made reflecting the new rules about fixture setting but the references to league structures still referred to Super Premier & Div1, District Leagues & play-offs etc.

(Maybe the clubs were eventually issued with a corrected one?? but there wasn't one available publically from the WRSJFA website for at least the first full season of the new Divisions.)

Maybe CC shouldn't have asked the question about PPG but Talbot as a club were within their right to ask the question, it didn't look great because CC was a member of Sjfa at the time and alarm bells started ringing at rival clubs, If another member of our committee had asked the question I am sure there would still be a backlash from other clubs but maybe not as bad as we are seeing.

6 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Maybe CC shouldn't have asked the question about PPG but Talbot as a club were within their right to ask the question, it didn't look great because CC was a member of Sjfa at the time and alarm bells started ringing at rival clubs, If another member of our committee had asked the question I am sure there would still be a backlash from other clubs but maybe not as bad as we are seeing.

FFS, CC never mentioned PPG. The haters and idiots jump to enough conclusions without you feeding them. All CC did was say a Champion needed to be declared in order to award a Scottish Cup place. The management Committee (without CC) decided the rest

There was a culture of tacit acceptance in meetings of the West Region clubs for a long time, and that's why the likes of Option Z was passed almost unanimously. The reasons for that culture can only really be explained by those who attended. I have my own theory which probably mirrors that of many others.

That culture started to change when Scott Robertson left his role as Secretary.

The breaking point for the West Region came just a few days before the Extra General meeting in March when Matt Bamford (the President at the time) rightly chose his club's position over the Region's and threw his hat in the ring with the clubs looking to leave the organisation.

It was at that meeting when things started to really change. Several clubs sent different delegates to that meeting, and awkward questions were asked. The meeting didn't go fully to the script the top table had written, and you could see the discomfort at the top table.

Here we are a few months on with the West Region now ended.

I know only too well how things worked having been the club rep for 7 years and having put forward and supported proposals for change in several occasions.

11 minutes ago, Ball-foot-score said:

You are correct, are Talbot or the guy Colin taking any action (not sure what that would look like) against Cumnock? 

I would doubt it but I would imagine relations between the clubs are damaged.

One thing that has just occurred to me is the grass leaked it to a "journalist" who covers Kilwinning therefore making them  the prime suspects of the leak as they would probably benefit if Talbot did lose the title.  So they were trying to tarnish the reputation of one club and put another club into the frame as the leak . Absolute disgrace of a club

One thing that has just occurred to me is the grass leaked it to a "journalist" who covers Kilwinning therefore making them  the prime suspects of the leak as they would probably benefit if Talbot did lose the title.  So they were trying to tarnish the reputation of one club and put another club into the frame as the leak . Absolute disgrace of a club

Answer me this why did Colin Chisholm resign then

3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Oh Dear! You couldn't make it up could you?

But there again!

2 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Answer me this why did Colin Chisholm resign then

Because when you are perceived to be the story it is time to go.

Face it, you backed the wrong horse in this race. If the enquiry findings doesn't make you see this nothing will

Edited by Wile E Coyote

Can’t imagine many people from Cumnock will lose sleep over damaged relations with talbot. And I reckon that boat sailed a year or so ago when talbot signed keir samson on an amateur form so they didn’t have to pay a development fee to Cumnock so maybe have a look at your own club before calling others a disgrace.

Because when you are perceived to be the story it is time to go.
Face it, you backed the wrong horse in this race. If the enquiry findings doesn't make you see this nothing will

Nobody wins in this only thing is talbot get there blood money from the Scottish, shows how badly run our league was with its archaic rules. new league set up and already wanting an advantage why did west need to declare a winner for a scottish cup place from a league that’s not there anymore? No east team no north team why shud a team who has played on 16/30 games get that place. As for this old chestnut when you are perceived to be the story it’s time to go what a lot of claptrap [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
The enquiry didn’t produce a winner if you are talking about a race it said it could see both sides so there was no winner no loser no exoneration at all if there is please enlighten me

The full thing is a farce. Just like the SJFA and the SFA. Teams should have been given a vote to decide what the final outcome was but that would probably have ended up like the SFA vote and one would have went missing.

Well done to whoever has leaked it however there was probably better options out there than the way they choose to do it !!

Let's just get the football back as I cant wait to get back and support my team

The full thing is a farce. Just like the SJFA and the SFA. Teams should have been given a vote to decide what the final outcome was but that would probably have ended up like the SFA vote and one would have went missing.

Well done to whoever has leaked it however there was probably better options out there than the way they choose to do it !!

Let's just get the football back as I cant wait to get back and support my team

Exactly out of everyone the panel asked most of them said it shud of been null and void but hey lets move on

Can’t imagine many people from Cumnock will lose sleep over damaged relations with talbot. And I reckon that boat sailed a year or so ago when talbot signed keir samson on an amateur form so they didn’t have to pay a development fee to Cumnock so maybe have a look at your own club before calling others a disgrace.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

5 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Nobody wins in this only thing is talbot get there blood money from the Scottish, shows how badly run our league was with its archaic rules. new league set up and already wanting an advantage why did west need to declare a winner for a scottish cup place from a league that’s not there anymore? No east team no north team why shud a team who has played on 16/30 games get that place. As for this old chestnut when you are perceived to be the story it’s time to go what a lot of claptrap emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
The enquiry didn’t produce a winner if you are talking about a race it said it could see both sides so there was no winner no loser no exoneration at all if there is please enlighten me

There was no exoneration in fact Chisholm is portrayed as being extremely naive. However he is probably cleverer than the enquiry team realise lol

Let’s face it most folk are aware of what has been going on at Cumnock over the last two years. Laughable they can claim to be hard done too when they robbed us and offered a friendly. The present manager only solidifies that type of thing, at least the punch up will be fun to watch from a far

Can you please enlighten us with what’s been going on at Cumnock the past 2 years and who we robbed and offered a friendly to?