Serious incident in Glasgow

Guest JTS98

It's sad how stories like this grow arms and legs and rumour becomes fact etc etc.

We'll probably know nothing worth knowing about the circumstances here for hours, maybe days. The guessing and snowballing of rumour is horrible. People are dead.

On the BBC news feed Humza Yousef tweets saying don't spread rumours. The very next line from the BBC is -

14:51

Hotel thought to house asylum seekers

Linda Sinclair

BBC Scotland

The incident seemed to happen in the Park Inn Hotel on West George Street, which I understand is currently being used to house asylum seekers.

We have heard from the Scottish Police Federation that one police officer has been stabbed and we have unconfirmed reports that three people have died.

I have a friend who works at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary who told me they had prepared for six people coming into the hospital who had been stabbed.

Edited by NewBornBairn

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

On the BBC news feed Humza Yousef tweets saying don't spread rumours. The very next line from the BBC is -

Linda Sinclair

BBC Scotland

The incident seemed to happen in the Park Inn Hotel on West George Street, which I understand is currently being used to house asylum seekers.

We have heard from the Scottish Police Federation that one police officer has been stabbed and we have unconfirmed reports that three people have died.

I have a friend who works at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary who told me they had prepared for six people coming into the hospital who had been stabbed.

BBC are Sun-level gutter press. Expect nothing less from them, they love stirring up gammon.

Linda Sinclair

BBC Scotland

Statue protectors assemble

4 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Suspect dead, police officer serious but stable condition. Six in hospital, including the officer. Tweet by Police Scotland. 

Tweet says critical but stable for the police officer. 

I wonder if the BBC have been reporting pish saying three folk dead? 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Tweet says critical but stable for the police officer. 

I wonder if the BBC been reporting pish saying three folk dead? 

Everyone is reporting 3 dead but obviously you hope that's premature.

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
52 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:
Can't Johnny Foreigner just let us be the best at ONE thing?

I'm fed up with people talking us down. What about heart disease, low life expectancy or alcohol intake?

Glasgow even has an effect named after it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_effect

IIRC that guy also became a “star” because he broke his foot in the act.
As an aside, do you think cops in the US look at the way our police deal with this sort of incident and wonder why we shoot so few people?
Cops are more likely to take the view that a cop has been stabbed and could have probably avoided it if he was armed.

In this case, armed police appear to have arrived on the scene very quickly- are they just routinely stationed in city centres?

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

Cops are more likely to take the view that a cop has been stabbed and could have probably avoided it if he was armed.

In this case, armed police appear to have arrived on the scene very quickly- are they just routinely stationed in city centres?

Have always assumed that they are, probably near Central.