Serious incident in Glasgow

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I see the far right commentators and far left commentators are already picking upon the fact that one of the people involved was black.

The far right already claiming that he was definitely the perpetrator and this is the problem with this country.

The left countering that he's just another galling statistic and a victim in this before any information is out.

Many of the 'far' end of either side seem to absolutely revel at jumping to all sorts of conclusions without any sort of information to get a fucking point across.

I mean seriously, how hard is it to go through your life and not be a completely irredeemable twisted c**t 100% of your waking hours?

Everyone is an expert these days. As you said, we don't know much at this stage and people are using it as an example to suit their own beliefs.

1 minute ago, zidane's child said:

Everyone is an expert these days. As you said, we don't know much at this stage and people are using it as an example to suit their own beliefs.

Absolutely. It's nothing new, yet everytime it happens the threads are clogged up with people moaning about it. 

Just now, sparky88 said:

I heard the perpetrator went to Kelvingrove Park yesterday. Police will neither confirm or deny that this played a role in their decision to use firearms. 

Literally no idea what this is meant to mean. Is it an attempt at a joke? 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A Dundee schemo came at me with a knife one time outside Oscars nightclub.  Luckily i was so drunk I managed to stagger back and he only ripped my red Campri jacket (still seething).

Someone pulled a knife on me in a nightclub toilet. It was funny, it was abroad and I couldn’t speak his language and we both knew he wasn’t going to use it but I gave him my watch and money. 

9 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

It's not even expertise or the faking of such. It's very much a case of either side being so blinkered as to their beliefs that they'll take whatever little info there is and fill gaps in to suit. 

It's tiresome and potentially very fucking dangerous. 

The far left and far right don't even realise that they are closer in most of their base ideals to each other than most people who simply lean towards one way or the other. 

As someone who has always been quite Liberal and left leaning (as I believe most people on here are) I'm fucking disgusted at the far left's behaviour as much as the knuckle dragging thickos of the right and in no way wish to be associated with any of  their pish. 

Twitter is a double edged sword in that it's the fastest source of current events on the go, but is a horrid fucking cesspool of extreme opinions and the Dutch courage of relative anonymity. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

What you mean he is on his way to watch some guy kick the suspect in the baws then take the credit.

IIRC that guy also became a “star” because he broke his foot in the act.

As an aside, do you think cops in the US look at the way our police deal with this sort of incident and wonder why we shoot so few people?