Serious incident in Glasgow

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

No, I don't think thats how that post reads at all. The success of terrorists who have perpetrated this kind of terror attack is that it influences the day to day lives, fears and then responses of people. What happened with this incident is likely to have been hugely influenced by the absolute fear now instilled in this country by previous attacks of this nature. That's what they are going for. This one appears to show it has worked. The police have had to change the way they respond because of the very real fear we have as a society. 

Well done on blatantly missing my point. I quite clearly have not speculated on the motives of this attacker  I have only correctly pointed out that knife spree attacks are a fairly new and effective technique for terrorists. 

Drivel.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

This looks more like your common or garden chibbing.

I walk past the Argyle Hotel every day on ma way to work and have felt like stabbing most of the jakeballs and junkies who hang about their each morning. Also walked past two or three rammiea and arguments atween junkies since lockdown. Almost amazed there's been two incidents and neither have involved that place

The high flats hidden behind office blocks and hotels at the now gone Anderston Bus Station are a dumping ground for drug addicts. Mate was a concierge in the flats and they were finding folks dead behind the door almost weekly.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Police have said it was a targeted attack and poses no threat to the wider public. So aye, just a normal slashing.

The local jakies are being housed in a hotel in Argyle St just along from there and it has been in the last few weeks a horrible place to walk

Edited by keithgy

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

The local jakies are being housed in a hotel in Argyle St just along from there and it has been in the last few weeks a horrible place to walk

City centre has been a horrible place to walk for months. Like a scene from The Walking Dead.

5 minutes ago, mathematics said:

City centre has been a horrible place to walk for months. Like a scene from The Walking Dead.

I haven't been in the town during the day for months, but I was nightshift on Thursday night and had to go to a breakdown under the Central Station bridge about half past midnight, the town is very eerie at that time of night withnext to nobody around.