Serious incident in Glasgow

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sarwar ploughing into Farage.

wait there's been limited details released on this, so how exactly does Farage know they're "illegal immigrants" and not people that have gone through an arduous process to claim asylum in full compliance with the relevant regulations?

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Trying to catch up, what's the rumours re who is responsible for this?

Quick to say there was no wider danger which makes me think lone nutjob

Bible John.

Always wondered when we’d hear about Waffenthinmint again. Funnily enough, this is almost the exact way I imagined he’d reappear. Only surprise is the lack of mention of a bodysuit from human skin.

RIP you Sims loving lunatic.

Horrible stuff.

Let us all hope for a full judicial enquiry by Nicola Sturgeon and her SNP government.

Justice for those affected by this tragedy.

Has anybody mentioned our pensioners dying in derelict care homes while asylum seekers get put up in 4 star hotels?
Having stayed in that hotel for 5 days myself, I expect the asylum seekers were questioning if they had made the right decision.

48 minutes ago, Lex said:

Horrible stuff.

Let us all hope for a full judicial enquiry by Nicola Sturgeon and her SNP government.

Justice for those affected by this tragedy.

I'm assuming this is a joke?

The way gammon have been going on you'd think nobody had ever been stabbed in Glasgow before. When I was growing up we called 5 guys getting stabbed "Friday".

Absolutely batshit crazy to even attempt to make this about race, in Glasgow of all places.

Edited by GordonS

I'm assuming this is a joke? The way gammon have been going on you'd think nobody had ever been stabbed in Glasgow before. When I was growing up we called 5 guys getting stabbed "Friday".

Absolutely batshit crazy to even attempt to make this about race, in Glasgow of all places.

What part do you think is a joke?

The bit saying this is a tragedy or the bit pleading for justice?

Strange sense of humour either way. I’m not laughing, why are you?

Even more disturbingly, why are you bringing up race?

Does this happen every time someone gets stabbed?

No, but I’m sure you can differentiate between this instance - in which at least 6 have been injured going by current reports - and individual stabbings.

Can’t you?

1 minute ago, Lex said:

No, but I’m sure you can differentiate between this instance - in which at least 6 have been injured going by current reports - and individual stabbings.

Can’t you?

Therefore a full judicial enquiry is not called for, thanks for over reacting.

6 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

It sounds like a grievance within the people housed in the property who seem to be immigrants who have arrived in the UK during lockdown. A few reports of the residents of the hotel being unhappy at the conditions so could well be a mental health issue but all just speculation still.

There’s so much wrong in that (Not in what you’ve said). It always amazes me why so many asylum seekers bypass other safe countries to come to the “shithole” that is Britain 

Therefore a full judicial enquiry is not called for, thanks for over reacting.

Wait, what?

Your rationale is that individual stabbings shouldn’t result in a judicial enquiry (agreed) therefore mass stabbings where 3 people are killed and others injured should also not result in a judicial enquiry...?

Really?

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Wait, what?

Your rationale is that individual stabbings shouldn’t result in a judicial enquiry (agreed) therefore mass stabbings where 3 people are killed and others injured should also not result in a judicial enquiry...?

Really?

You ruled this out didn't you?

13 minutes ago, Lex said:

Can’t you?

Your point is Individual stabbings = no enquiry

Therefore

Mass stabbings also = no enquiry

Personally I disagree with that, we will see what the SNP government thinks.

53 minutes ago, Lex said:

What part do you think is a joke?

The bit saying this is a tragedy or the bit pleading for justice?

Strange sense of humour either way. I’m not laughing, why are you?

Even more disturbingly, why are you bringing up race?

I'm bringing up race because you are.

I'll take that back if you can show me a post in which you call for a national inquiry led by the government into any other handful of people being injured.

I'm bringing up race because you are.
I'll take that back if you can show me a post in which you call for a national inquiry led by the government into any other handful of people being injured.

I certainly never mentioned race, you did. Why did you bring race into this discussion?

And as far as I can see you are now asking for to prove evidence of me asking for a national enquiry into another mass killing in Scotland to prove that I wasn’t actually talking about race in the first place... Even though my initial post never mentioned race in any way shape or form?

Em...are you for real?

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There’s so much wrong in that (Not in what you’ve said). It always amazes me why so many asylum seekers bypass other safe countries to come to the “shithole” that is Britain 

"So many" implies that you think it's a lot, or a high proportion. It's really not.

The reality is that the UK is a pretty unpopular destination for refugees. Studies in 2016 of those crossing the Med showed half wanted to go to Germany while well under 10% wanted to reach the UK. Among those who do it's usually because they speak English, or because they already know someone here. Sometimes it's because they believe that country has a cash-in-hand culture and they'll be more able to find work there.

Of course, the vast, overwhelming majority of refugees stay in the first country they reach, which is why there are millions in Lebanon right now.

So I hope you're not going about with the idea that the UK is some sort of haven for asylum seekers.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/why-do-migrants-and-asylum-seekers-want-come-uk/

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/truth-about-refugees