Serious incident in Glasgow

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

The far left jump to premature conclusions because they are desperate to protect the people that are oppressed in this country. Whilst they can be a bit nuts and unreasonable, their hearts tend to be in a good place.

You do realise that the reason you believe people who are on the left generally have their hearts in the right place is because you agree with them politically as you are left leaning yourself? 

23 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

I wouldn't argue about the numbers. Once you reach multi-millions. I think your point is made, but you can always throw in, amongst others, Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot. 

All lovely ways to run a country!

Pol Pot wasn't a proper Commie, he really hated foreigners and ethnic minorities, and liked the idea of having a slave workforce. More of a Hitler.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Getting the impression that Police Scotland have handled this incident very well.

I have long held the belief Scottish Police are a vastly superior breed to their counterparts south of the border. 

Ffs :lol:

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Are you seriously going to try and argue that the dregs of society on the right wing might actually be the good guys and I only think they’re bad because I disagree with their opinions? 

You have lost it big style, start playing the ball. 

Throbber's grown out of letting friends teabag him.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Are you seriously going to try and argue that the dregs of society on the right wing might actually be the good guys and I only think they’re bad because I disagree with their opinions? 

You have lost it big style, start playing the ball. 

No but everyone believes they are the good guys and what you have basically done is say the left = good and right = bad when a good society thrives with both right and left wings elements. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Pol Pot wasn't a proper Commie, he really hated foreigners and liked the idea of having a slave workforce. More of a Hitler.

Didn't like the speckys either.

In his mind wearing glasses = intellectual, and therefore = bourgeois.

Which basically meant the four-eyed were among the first in the queue to get their heids stoved in by a shovel come the revolution.

7 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Didn't like the speckys either.

In his mind wearing glasses = intellectual, and therefore = bourgeois.

Which basically meant the four-eyed were among the first in the queue to get their heids stoved in by a shovel come the revolution.

Wearing glasses probably meant they read foreign books and newspapers etc too. He was mad for an ethnically pure and uncontaminated by foreign ideas Cambodia. Communism was a short term tool to gain allies and guns. Either that or the smart kids laughed at him at school. 

I was in college in the Eighties. I jokingly asked a Hong Konger why he was bothering doing a degree when in 1999 they'd staple it to his back and send him out to the paddy fields. He didn't think it was very funny.

Edited by welshbairn

It sounds like a grievance within the people housed in the property who seem to be immigrants who have arrived in the UK during lockdown. A few reports of the residents of the hotel being unhappy at the conditions so could well be a mental health issue but all just speculation still.

21 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

The whole discussion is on far left and far right, and a good society absolutely does not need a far right element to thrive. 

Well I for one am not particularly game for a far left government either and I don’t believe those on the far left generally have their hearts in the right place either.

Edited by throbber

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It sounds like a grievance within the people housed in the property who seem to be immigrants who have arrived in the UK during lockdown. A few reports of the residents of the hotel being unhappy at the conditions so could well be a mental health issue but all just speculation still.

Doubt he'd have liked his next set of accommodation much either tbh. 

Edited by Michael W

33 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Getting the impression that Police Scotland have handled this incident very well.

I have long held the belief Scottish Police are a vastly superior breed to their counterparts south of the border. 

Yeah Police Scotland are quality like.

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well I for one am not particularly game for a far left government either and I don’t believe those on the far left generally have their hearts in the right place either.

Out of curiosity which groups do you consider to be far left?

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah Police Scotland are quality like.

Video guy chuckling away until he starts jumping on his car, then it's not so funny.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Out of curiosity which groups do you consider to be far left?

Tommy Sheridan. I certainly don’t want a man who gets aroused by Billy Davis in power.