Serious incident in Glasgow

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
11 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:
Not being treated as terrorism. 

Must've been a white guy then.

Hahaha! There we go...

Just now, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Well that was my point. But then again, apparently not...

199222815_terroristcolourcodememe.jpg.1965b87f181009ef23eba9f462fea51d.jpg

The Reading attack was similarly not deemed to be a terrorist incident before the position being reverted. It could well change as the investigation progresses. 

The attack bears the hallmarks of one but presumably there is no indication at this stage of an underlying political motive for carrying this out. Whatever the motive was, six people and a police officer have been stabbed and the suspect shot dead. 

16 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Anyway, comrade. The revolution might happen this decade, so who would you put up against the wall first? Tories, bankers, fascists...people who wear glasses? 😄

Antivaxxers.

27 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

China was exporting food whilst people were starving. In the Ukraine food was confiscated from people who were starving at gun point. So, aye, they starved to death, but the Holodomor was a deliberate act, whilst in China the government could have prevented it. Still, you get the government you vote for, oh wait... 

The UK exported grain from Bengal and Ireland during famines. Probably other places as well. 

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Sure I saw one of the news agencies had a photo of the guy and his name. They said he was Brazilian.

If the UK Polis have shot a Brazilian again let's hope it's because he was dangerous and not just for a laugh like that poor lad on his way to work on the District Line

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If the UK Polis have shot a Brazilian again let's hope it's because he was dangerous and not just for a laugh like that poor lad on his way to work on the District Line

I'm thinking 6 people being stabbed gives a bit of a clue to how dangerous he was.

Just now, Detournement said:

The UK exported grain from Bengal and Ireland during famines. Probably other places as well. 

I know. That's why certainly the Irish 'famine' can rightly be considered a genocide.

James Pius Sweeney of New York, writing in the Irish-American paper, the Irish Echo, while acknowledging that there were differences between the Famine and the Holocaust, went on to argue:‘The genocide of the Holocaust was remarkable because of the macabre efficiency of freight cars, camps and gas houses. The genocide of the Great Famine is distinct in the fact that the British created the conditions of dire hopelessness, and desperate dependence on the potato crop through a series of sadistic, debasing, premeditated and barbarous Penal Laws, which deliberately and systematically stripped the Irish of even the least semblance of basic human freedom.’When blight struck the Irish were ‘totally vulnerable’. This was a ‘nuanced genocide’, he continues, one that manipulated fate ‘by pushing a people to the brink of annihilation and turning away so not to hear the wailing …’.

Put briefly and more bluntly, professors Charles Rice and Francis Boyle believe: ‘the policies pursued by the British government from 1845-50 in Ireland constituted ‘genocide’.’

Source: https://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/irishhistorylive/IrishHistoryResources/Articlesandlecturesbyourteachingstaff/TheGreatIrishFamineandtheHolocaust/#:~:text=The genocide of the Great,Irish of even the least

One could argue that genocide is when a government intentionally kills people, ans this was just callous indifference. But if you're confiscating food from people who are starving, that amounts to murder, surely?

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'm thinking 6 people being stabbed gives a bit of a clue to how dangerous he was.

If he was a white guy they must have shot him, as an absolute last resort, because he was dangerous. If it was a black dude, they probably just did it for fun, or because they could. Isn't that the narrative?

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

53 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I know, Communism murdered 100 million people last century, and you still get vile c***s advocating for it. Fucking depressing.

I wouldn't argue about the numbers. Once you reach multi-millions. I think your point is made, but you can always throw in, amongst others, Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot. 

All lovely ways to run a country!

16 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

If he was a white guy they must have shot him, as an absolute last resort, because he was dangerous. If it was a black dude, they probably just did it for fun, or because they could. Isn't that the narrative?

Holy f**k you’re boring.