Serious incident in Glasgow

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Someone sent me a picture from outside the entrance of the building. I’m not sure if I want to post it, but it’s grim. 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I am quite thankful i've never had to walk past someone who has just been stabbed.

I'd like to think that, should it ever happen, my first instinct would not be to take a picture.

If there's one thing I understand less than the thought process of homicidal maniacs or radical terrorists intent on wiping out the western world, it's the thought process of cünts who film or photograph their handiwork for publication in the internet.

Even during the statue protection riots half the people involved were fiddling it. I'd be quite annoyed if I was toe to toe with a riot policeman, I'd be quite annoyed that my co-worker was filming it rather than panning his heid in.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If there's one thing I understand less than the thought process of homicidal maniacs or radical terrorists intent on wiping out the western world, it's the thought process of cünts who film or photograph their handiwork for publication in the internet.

Even during the statue protection riots half the people involved were fiddling it. I'd be quite annoyed if I was toe to toe with a riot policeman, I'd be quite annoyed that my co-worker was filming it rather than panning his heid in.

Insert Carry On picture .

52 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I was working in Glasgow town centre today!!!! No where near west George street and I didn’t even go out for lunch but it defo could have been me emoji26.pngemoji107.png

Are you okay? If you need to talk, call someone. Not me obviously. Someone else. Family, maybe.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It basically lists every "non natural" death in any communist state. It's laughable.

To take deaths due to famine during the Great Leap Forward in China, for instance, there's no doubt there were huge mistakes made by the Maoists in moving to a centralised agricultural system (to say nothing of their ridiculous personal blast furnaces idea). Their ideas were based on a scientific ideal that has since been disproved and many people within communism went along with it blinded by the fact it fitted communism ideals. It was also during the worst period of natural disasters (first famine, then flood) in areas of China that meant even a "perfect" agricultural system would have led to deaths.

So did deaths occur due to a combination of poor agricultural practise and natural disasters? Were people who forwarded this bad practise blinded by ideology? Yes. Is it easy to blame that on just "communism"? Yes. Is that accurate? Of course not. Otherwise we need to blame every single death by famine outwith communism as a death by capitalism and those who use the Black Book as a basis are usually not keen on using that same methodology in reverse.

China was exporting food whilst people were starving. In the Ukraine food was confiscated from people who were starving at gun point. So, aye, they starved to death, but the Holodomor was a deliberate act, whilst in China the government could have prevented it. Still, you get the government you vote for, oh wait... 

Just now, Sinner-to-Saint said:

China was exporting food whilst people were starving. In the Ukraine food was confiscated from people who were starving at gun point. So, aye, they starved to death, but the Holodomor was a deliberate act, whilst in China the government could have prevented it. Still, you get the government you vote for, oh wait... 

Again an oversimplified view. China was exporting food because it believed it had a surplus. The central party were not made aware of the extent of the deficit due to regional party officials attempts to look as tho they were surpassing their quotas. The point remains it was bad management that contributed to those deaths. Not the great spookter of Communism. That same poor management is just as prevalaint in other systems of government. The same thing STILL happens in capitalist states.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Again an oversimplified view. China was exporting food because it believed it had a surplus. The central party were not made aware of the extent of the deficit due to regional party officials attempts to look as tho they were surpassing their quotas. The point remains it was bad management that contributed to those deaths. Not the great spookter of Communism. That same poor management is just as prevalaint in other systems of government. The same thing STILL happens in capitalist states.

Woah! That's some psychopathic shit right there - people are starving to death and regional party officials are only worrying about surpassing their quotas? Or were they just terrified of the consequences of not meeting quotas.

Anyway, comrade. The revolution might happen this decade, so who would you put up against the wall first? Tories, bankers, fascists...people who wear glasses? 😄

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

To get back on topic, much to the disappointment of Burnley fans and other racists everywhere, "The incident has been assessed by Counter Terrorism policing HQ in London and determined not to be a terrorist incident. It will be investigated by Police Scotland."

Racists? I've been told it was an attack on asylum seekers by a neo-Nazi?!

10 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Woah! That's some psychopathic shit right there - people are starving to death and regional party officials are only worrying about surpassing their quotas? Or were they just terrified of the consequences of not meeting quotas.

Anyway, comrade. The revolution might happen this decade, so who would you put up against the wall first? Tories, bankers, fascists...people who wear glasses? 😄

Yes. Along the supply line different people along the way, and it wouldn't take that huge a number, saw their own personal progression as more important than the figures. As most of these people were away from the actual silos and people they would not have been aware of the level of famine. As I said this was poor management.

Now, unlike the Capitalist Republic of China, (three famines in 20 years and 5% of the population dead despite no natural disasters), the Communist Peoples' Republic of China (one famine with 3% of the population dead during unrelenting natural disasters) changed their methodology and party structure to stop it happening again. There hasn't been any famine in China since the Great Leap Forward (or for the remainder of the USSR's existence after Ukraine despite it being a regular occurrence under the Tsar). I'm not one for weighing up deaths v people survived as tho' human life is just a number's game but no-one can claim the mistakes made during the Great Leap Forward were not amended. The country progressed and although it's near impossible to state, with any certainty, what would have happened in China without it we can't deny the number of people who have died of hunger in China since then is far, far, far lower than it was in the years preceding it and far lower than capitalist states over the same period.

It just seems very weird someone would focus on the deaths from one political system whilst ignoring the greater number of deaths from another.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix