Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I dont think its fair to call those in charge incompetent etc, the last time global circumstances caused significant disruption In society and to football on this level was world war two, 80 odd years ago. Everyone’s just trying to do the best thing and obviously some disagree as to what that is, whatever happens not every side will get what they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tutankhamen said:

Former West Region committee members.

I think that amounts to Kennie Young and Matt Bamford. Bamford standing down quite early into the process of a start up WoSFL and isn't someone most would consider anti-pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont think its fair to call those in charge incompetent etc, the last time global circumstances caused significant disruption In society and to football on this level was world war two, 80 odd years ago. Everyone’s just trying to do the best thing and obviously some disagree as to what that is, whatever happens not every side will get what they want. 
The massive mistake was allowing Premier clubs to withdraw without any penalty, what on earth were the management committee thinking by even suggesting it let alone approving it. It's absolutely baffling.

Now there is the possibility (if it gets played) of Pollok and Talbot ripping the pish by fielding scratch sides in the 2019/20 Junior Cup and pocketing a lot of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Players and management wanted to give the season a go it seems. At glenafton anyway. 🗡 

 

 

Screenshot_20201012_181359_com.android.chrome.jpg

not news. They were not one of the 14. I must have missed Southy's budget plans for how the side would get through the season.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No idea why you think you should have seen them. Still the wee digs coming from yourself

image.png.98bdac1b5994ccc7c3656a49bd296da6.png

Nah, just not up for my own club being slagged off by his like. I don't think any player or manager has the right to dictate to their club what the club should do.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reaction of the Ladeside faithful to the difficult decision in withdrawing has been very uplifting.

The thought of no football through the winter has been more than countered by the fact the club, management and most importantly the fans are in as one for the rebuild ahead.

Mon The Side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, i haven't spoken to any Glens fans who don't support the clubs decision to withdraw from competitions this season! Let others say what they want but imo they've put the interests of the club first, if manager and players don't agree, that's their prerogative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why should the manager not have a massive say in things! 
Most dedicate their life to the football clubs they work for so said clubs have teams to field every week never mind the fact in this case the manager has given ten years service and multiple honours to the club. 
Not forgetting everything that has been done to get this season to the point we are at now.
The glens not only shat the bed big time like pollok they did it at the last minute because two other nearby clubs decided to give up, totally spineless no wonder he jacked it in. 

Was the manager paying the wages like? The Glens like other teams decided it wasn’t financially viable to play without there main source of income the fans. It’s quite obvious like the other teams that have withdrawn there players refused to play for nothing and you can’t blame them. Respect clubs decisions and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bawrash1 said:


Was the manager paying the wages like? The Glens like other teams decided it wasn’t financially viable to play without there main source of income the fans. It’s quite obvious like the other teams that have withdrawn there players refused to play for nothing and you can’t blame them. Respect clubs decisions and move on.

No problem with the decision.  

However they should not get to remain in the prem and should be forced to start at whatever the bottom tier is next year.  

So unfair on those teams that are going to at least try and play.  Its a travesty what teams like glens are getting away with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oldandround said:

No problem with the decision.  

However they should not get to remain in the prem and should be forced to start at whatever the bottom tier is next year.  

So unfair on those teams that are going to at least try and play.  Its a travesty what teams like glens are getting away with.

They could easily supplement their first team squad with players from their development squad or under 19 or under 17 teams , unless of course none of those teams are competing in their relevant leagues for health reasons either ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tartantam said:

Why should the manager not have a massive say in things! 

Most dedicate their life to the football clubs they work for so said clubs have teams to field every week never mind the fact in this case the manager has given ten years service and multiple honours to the club. 

Not forgetting everything that has been done to get this season to the point we are at now.

The glens not only shat the bed big time like pollok they did it at the last minute because two other nearby clubs decided to give up, totally spineless no wonder he jacked it in. 


Hi Chris. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tartantam said:

Why should the manager not have a massive say in things! 

Most dedicate their life to the football clubs they work for so said clubs have teams to field every week never mind the fact in this case the manager has given ten years service and multiple honours to the club. 

Not forgetting everything that has been done to get this season to the point we are at now.

The glens not only shat the bed big time like pollok they did it at the last minute because two other nearby clubs decided to give up, totally spineless no wonder he jacked it in. 

Well one reason could be that sometimes managers just walk out of a club to go to another  club.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, oldandround said:

No problem with the decision.  

However they should not get to remain in the prem and should be forced to start at whatever the bottom tier is next year.  

So unfair on those teams that are going to at least try and play.  Its a travesty what teams like glens are getting away with.

All teams were giving the option of withdrawal without any sanctions, 9 chose that option, so why should glens or any of the others be punished for taking what was offered? 

Imo west league teams should have voted to delay restart for another couple of months but hey ho majority voted to start this month, best of luck to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dare say a lot of the clubs in the top division have probably promised the players a return to full wages on the condition that the crowds are allowed back in. Probably 3 of the biggest travelling supports are Pollok, Talbot and Kilbirnie have withdrawn with Glens and Cumnock also having a pretty decent travelling support as well.

Unless the players are playing for nothing or expenses, its hard to see where the majority of clubs are going to generate the money this season. Take Beith for example, perhaps the biggest club in the league now, no home games against Talbot, Pollok or Kilbirnie, even in the unlikely scenario that crowds are allowed back in, where is the money going to come from to fund the wages when the players do eventually demand it?

Edited by vob22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sgc said:

They could easily supplement their first team squad with players from their development squad or under 19 or under 17 teams , unless of course none of those teams are competing in their relevant leagues for health reasons either ? 

I'm pretty sure there's a limit to the number of times dev squad players can appear for the first team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vob22 said:

I dare say a lot of the clubs in the top division have probably promised the players a return to full wages on the condition that the crowds are allowed back in. Probably 3 of the biggest travelling supports are Pollok, Talbot and Kilbirnie have withdrawn with Glens and Cumnock also having a pretty decent travelling support as well.

Unless the players are playing for nothing or expenses, its hard to see where the majority of clubs are going to generate the money this season. Take Beith for example, perhaps the biggest club in the league now, no home games against Talbot, Pollok or Kilbirnie, even in the unlikely scenario that crowds are allowed back in, where is the money going to come from to fund the wages when the players do eventually demand it?

The reality is they will find the cash, as the clubs that are still playing are not the clubs with the bigger attendances as you said, they are the clubs where money comes in through other means - Hurlford being a prime example of a Premier club with 100 core fans but pay big. 
 

The clubs you mention who pulled out, are the clubs more dependant on fans, and their investment in players is paid by attendances, fan incentive payment schemes, match day hospitality etc 

Maybe this episode will end the age old P&B debate about clubs spending money on wages as X is putting the cash and it’s not from fans etc, think it’s clear to see who these clubs are now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, archieb said:

I'm pretty sure there's a limit to the number of times dev squad players can appear for the first team

I've never heard that before. I have heard it the other way round where an overage player can only play for the Development team a certain number of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, superpollok said:

The reality is they will find the cash, as the clubs that are still playing are not the clubs with the bigger attendances as you said, they are the clubs where money comes in through other means - Hurlford being a prime example of a Premier club with 100 core fans but pay big. 
 

The clubs you mention who pulled out, are the clubs more dependant on fans, and their investment in players is paid by attendances, fan incentive payment schemes, match day hospitality etc 

Maybe this episode will end the age old P&B debate about clubs spending money on wages as X is putting the cash and it’s not from fans etc, think it’s clear to see who these clubs are now.  

Utter rubbish,do you think Bankies rely on a sugar daddy?

I think the problem is with clubs who have players who are only there for big wages.No wages = not playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...