3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What arrangements have Camelon made?

About what changing areas. They were going to use portacabin that got burned out it was going to be replaced not sure if had. They have the foodbank huts etc there so I'm not sure whether some of these will be used

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

How does it work in England at non league level who have been letting fans into games for over 2 months now without, to the best of my knowledge, any major issues.

I have been to a couple of games down there and it worked very well. Are we incapable of replicating this, why aren't clubs being given the chance?

There are a multitude of inconsistencies, a major one being outdoors in the open air watching a game of fitba whilst you can be indoors at a pub, cafe or restaurant only 1m distanced, or in a gym or swimming pool where changing rooms can be used. In fact Leitch has already said it's safe.

Whitehill Welfare tweeted last week about all the measures they have in place yet cant let anyone in. They hit the nail on the head.

Whitehill who?

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

How does it work in England at non league level who have been letting fans into games for over 2 months now without, to the best of my knowledge, any major issues.

I have been to a couple of games down there and it worked very well. Are we incapable of replicating this, why aren't clubs being given the chance?

There are a multitude of inconsistencies, a major one being outdoors in the open air watching a game of fitba whilst you can be indoors at a pub, cafe or restaurant only 1m distanced, or in a gym or swimming pool where changing rooms can be used. In fact Leitch has already said it's safe.

Whitehill Welfare tweeted last week about all the measures they have in place yet cant let anyone in. They hit the nail on the head.

The major difference? Scotland has Wee Nicola Thatcher running the show who treats football fans like they are criminals and second class citizens.

There's not been an outbreak anywhere linked to grassroots football. It's next to impossible to pass the virus on outside.

18 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...with no subs and a makeshift team due to injuries.

If the 2019/20 junior cup is still being completed, Hurlford are now in the final:

How did you work that out, you diddy?

Pollok and Talbot have withdrawn from the WoSFL and the South Challenge Cup.  The SJC is a completely different competition, or did you not realise? 😴

Once you play your first competitive game payments kick in and you are supposed to be protecting your club financially, you impolite so and so. Are you telling us that you still plan to play in the 2019/20 SJC then and your players are going to have to sit twiddling their thumbs not playing fitba and not getting paid until it finally suits you to play those games? Wanting to have your cake and eat it too comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Once you play your first competitive game payments kick in and you are supposed to be protecting your club financially, you impolite so and so. Are you telling us that you still plan to play in the 2019/20 SJC then and your players are going to have to sit twiddling their thumbs not playing fitba and not getting paid until it finally suits you to play those games? Wanting to have your cake and eat it too comes to mind.

You said earlier you're not going anywhere. Same as your chat. Actually looking for things to say. How long did it take you to find that graphic of the SJC draw?

Edited by jimbaxters

But if the contract says payments are from the first competitive game until the final competitive game I don’t see what the clubs are doing wrong. Ethically it might be wrong but certainly not from a legal standpoint.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

But if the contract says payments are from the first competitive game until the final competitive game I don’t see what the clubs are doing wrong. Ethically it might be wrong but certainly not from a legal standpoint.

Would agree with that last sentence.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It all depends when it (hopefully) becomes safe (and economically viable) to resume playing.

If the SJFA were to announce a date for these games (or indeed a 2020-21 SJC Round 1) before that happens then Pollok would very possibly decide to withdraw.

And, unlike you with your head in the ground and your foot in your mouth our players are fully in agreement with the necessity of the decision made today in order to protect the lives and livelihoods of all concerned!

It's not rocket science (except for you and your like of course).

Just now, Arthurlie1981 said:

The contract becomes effective from the date it says it starts, it doesn’t matter what clauses clubs put in. Clubs are effectively breaking the terms of the contract by not paying from the start date.

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Nothing ethically wrong if the players have been consulted and agree with it.

1 minute ago, The Informer said:

The contract becomes effective from the date it says it starts, it doesn’t matter what clauses clubs put in. Clubs are effectively breaking the terms of the contract by not paying from the start date.

Oh dear, another dimwit.

Players are contracted to be paid from the first competitive game, NOT from any specific date. What's so hard to understand about that?

7 minutes ago, archieb said:

Oh dear, another dimwit.

Players are contracted to be paid from the first competitive game, NOT from any specific date. What's so hard to understand about that?

You my friend are the dimwit, and a well known one at that. What do you think start dates on contracts are for? Maybe they just put them in for a laugh?

Just now, The Informer said:

You my friend are the dimwit, and a well known one at that. What do you think start dates on contracts are for? Maybe they just put them in for a laugh?

So now you think you know how the contracts of the players at Pollok are worded? Clearly you're either a genius or an imbecile - I wonder which?

3 minutes ago, archieb said:

So now you think you know how the contracts of the players at Pollok are worded? Clearly you're either a genius or an imbecile - I wonder which?

Ffs, what do you not get, it’s f all to do with the wording, it’s all about the start date. So wonder no more my friend.