9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Away for a wee while and return to find the West of Scotland League appears to have lost it's head, no promotion or relegation, clubs withdrawing. WTF is going on.

I notice some are talking about no changing rooms being a factor, we used ours today as authorised by the league.  Takes a bit of planning, but it's not a blanket ban.

Someone needs to get a grip.

Has the guidance changed from 2m socially distanced? I had a look yesterday and couldn't see anything updated on SFA site.  Maxwell's message did say 5 people and couldn't be used by any other 5 on rotation. What use is the concept of the dressing room if only 5 people can fit in it? We're not playing 5 a side.

As competitive matches are set to begin. there have been increased requests around use of changing facilities. I thought it best to confirm the current position with you all.
Scottish Government guidance currently states;
Changing rooms are an area of increased risk of transmission. It is important that physical distancing is maintained in changing rooms and showers and that they are only used if essential. Use of changing rooms and showering facilities should in general be avoided where possible, although these must be available for participants with disabilities or special needs and are likely to be needed after swimming
Our advice to clubs playing in the Betfred Cup is that in line with the above, changing rooms may be used under the following conditions
• Clubs and facility owners have a legal obligation to comply with all sportscotland/SG legislation and ensure guidance is followed at all times. The checklist and relevant information are all available on our Return to Football Hub.
• Clubs must submit relevant operational plans and documentation to its League.
• The League must satisfy itself that all plans submitted are appropriate and meet the regulations and approve the use of changing facilities. We would recommend that Leagues conduct site visits to ensure procedures are as per the submitted documents.
• The Scottish FA can request site of club operational plans other relevant information and perform site visits at any time.
• At this stage dressing rooms CANNOT be used on a rotational basis by the same team – ie 5 players changing, they leave and another 5 enter and change.
• Showers are not permitted under any circumstances
If have attached an updated version of the approved numbers document which was circulate last week.
The fundamentals are the same, however the zoning colours have been changed to better reflect the Return to Play protocol document and the fact that stadiums have a bigger red zone than just the changing rooms and technical areas, that can and will extend into the stand in most cases.
The challenge in tiers 5 and below is that some games are in stadiums and some are not so there is an element of both needed. We are reviewing both to ensure consistency and will advise of any changes asap. These documents should be used in the meantime.
We must all be aware that Scottish football will continue to have positive tests. When this happens, Test and Protect will investigate the circumstances and SG will ask the Scottish FA to carry out an examination of processes and facilities. This can affect us all and it is therefore absolutely incumbent of the league body to ensure that the law is being followed at all times. I appreciate the desire to use changing rooms however football is not ‘back’ as it used to be. We cannot be lax with this and not check plans properly, it is not simply a tick box exercise. The reputational damage to the game as a whole is too significant.
Regards
Ian Maxwell
Chief Executive
Edited by cmontheloknow

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Quite simply the clubs in the conferences have been shafted Bigtime , its an absolute disgrace and would put u off football at our level 

if these issues are going to a majority vote why would any conference club vote for that and how could it ever get through when 47/67 are in the conferences?

Can someone from the east (seems many have flocked over here to pass judgement on what’s happening in the west!!) answer the question on how players are being paid? How clubs are paying for match officials? If you are hoping fans are coming back soon is it worth the gamble with the longer term damage to your club financially?

I’m genuinely asking if the east clubs are playing players because unless someone has give all the clubs money secretly how is it possible to do this?

We have 6 dressing rooms, the 2 senior ones had 9 home players in each, whilst Jeanfield split across 3 youth changing rooms 6 players in each. 3 officials in the remaining one. Masks worns at all times, sanitizers available and time spent in them kept to minimum. Plans submitted and authorised by the league and it all went well.

Appreciate most clubs won't have that but other clubs have been planning use of other rooms to supplement their normal two changing rooms. It can be done, although perhaps not by every club.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

We have 6 dressing rooms, the 2 senior ones had 9 home players in each, whilst Jeanfield split across 3 youth changing rooms 6 players in each. 3 officials in the remaining one. Masks worns at all times, sanitizers available and time spent in them kept to minimum. Plans submitted and authorised by the league and it all went well.

Appreciate most clubs won't have that but other clubs have been planning use of other rooms to supplement their normal two changing rooms. It can be done, although perhaps not by every club.

Great idea until someone tests positive and five players miss work due to being in close proximity (ala Christie and Tierney) 
Few occasions which will happen and they’ll close again before November 

Can someone from the east (seems many have flocked over here to pass judgement on what’s happening in the west!!) answer the question on how players are being paid? How clubs are paying for match officials? If you are hoping fans are coming back soon is it worth the gamble with the longer term damage to your club financially?

I’m genuinely asking if the east clubs are playing players because unless someone has give all the clubs money secretly how is it possible to do this?
Not all clubs chuck big money at players they can ill afford, many have already spoken to players about taking reduced wages/expenses, plus clubs will have money reserves to at least see them through a set number of games. Also, the reliance on gate money varies greatly.

All things considered, starting today was the right thing to do but it won't last forever, we'll all need fans or Govt grants eventually, starting at least keeps us in the limelight when lobbying the Govt.

Great idea until someone tests positive and five players miss work due to being in close proximity (ala Christie and Tierney) 
Players happy to play, they all know the risks. If it's too big a personal risk they don't play, they're not forced, nobody will hold it against them.

Protecting the club's future is more important than playing right now. Maybe the lesser impact of covid through east?
Pollok lost a great man to it. My daughter is currently self isolating aged 2. It feels pretty real to me.

I’m not saying it’s not real, I’ve already missed two related funeral’s. It’s not going away in a hurry either.

As I said, each to their own. It’s shit.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not all clubs chuck big money at players they can ill afford, many have already spoken to players about taking reduced wages/expenses, plus clubs will have money reserves to at least see them through a set number of games. Also, the reliance on gate money varies greatly.

All things considered, starting today was the right thing to do but it won't last forever, we'll all need fans or Govt grants eventually, starting at least keeps us in the limelight when lobbying the Govt.

So you started knowing fine well you don’t have the funds to finish, great planning that, relying on handouts that might never come

Think the difference in the East may be that clubs weren't given an option, to my knowledge?

There was a straw poll that was 50/50 for starting without fans and if so for a maximum of 4 weeks and I ding think there's any dispensation for clubs had they decided to take the year out.

Could be wrong as I've not been that close to it, but I think at least some clubs in the East will have planned for the initial 4 weeks and are interested in seeing what the options are after that point.

Aye some clubs will have problems with the dressing rooms, its the same as SPFL as well though. If Cowdenbeath has played Hearts at Central Park they were using eight different rooms, I never even knew there were eight rooms there in total.
Aye its not easy, we're more fortunate than others, but it is achievable for more than a few clubs. Need a better solution before winter starts to bite though.

7 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Every reason why it cant. And you wonder why your leagues a mess. The eosfl clubs have said yes we can and that's the difference 

So you started knowing fine well you don’t have the funds to finish, great planning that, relying on handouts that might never come
Who said that? The fact is, by playing we remind Govt of the importance of football, we're not asking for money, we're asking for fans. If Govt won't allow it, then we want a share of the cash being given the English clubs. The sounds are positive as far as that is concerned, but everyone wants fans back even in limited numbers.

If we don't play? Then we're not in the forefront of any Govt ministers mind, no football and no fans. Not great for physical and mental health issues for everyone involved.

Think the difference in the East may be that clubs weren't given an option, to my knowledge?

There was a straw poll that was 50/50 for starting without fans and if so for a maximum of 4 weeks and I ding think there's any dispensation for clubs had they decided to take the year out.

Could be wrong as I've not been that close to it, but I think at least some clubs in the East will have planned for the initial 4 weeks and are interested in seeing what the options are after that point.
I think its fair to say that giving it a go for 4-6 weeks wasn't really disputed. If there's no prospect of fans or Govt grants at that point, then perhaps a pause may be required. However, there seems to be some optimism that we'll see progress on fans/money by then, fingers crossed.

Even though we got gubbed today, it was great to see competitive football again, smiles on people's faces. Never underestimate the power of football. We need fans back.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Who said that? The fact is, by playing we remind Govt of the importance of football, we're not asking for money, we're asking for fans. If Govt won't allow it, then we want a share of the cash being given the English clubs. The sounds are positive as far as that is concerned, but everyone wants fans back even in limited numbers.

If we don't play? Then we're not in the forefront of any Govt ministers mind, no football and no fans. Not great for physical and mental health issues for everyone involved.

So no fans and no handouts you wont finish the season? There is not a hope in hell of fans being in grounds this side of xmas

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

For those wanting to sit out due to the health risks I find it totally understandable, but those that focus on delaying until fans get in I don't understand at all. How can a club say they're vital to their community when they can just mothball the club for possibly a year or more with no noticeable impact.