This October 2nd for non league is totally unrealistic where its coming from god only knows. 

If we keep seeing weeks of little or no deaths and a low case count which will rise hopefully only a little with lifting of lockdown fully then tier 2 will be able to start then under closed doors mid october with clubs meeting the requirements to play games.

We have to be ultra conservative here to prevent a second wave and problems in the winter even if by some miracle non league games are played in october the big percentage of over 60s who follow this level you'll see a decent amount of them body swerving these games for a while its just not worth the risk for many of them. If they have half a brain or the families do thats what the attitude will be. 

Tier 2 have adopted the sensible approach 9 less games unlike the hapless new west of scotland who have agreed to 8 more games in what would have already had been a big league fixture season under normal circumstances.

Any talk of splitting up the league and messing about with the format would just make things even more of a shambles. 

All because a jumped up village team threatened to take legal action in turn making season 20-21 a total right off for the proper big non league clubs in the west premier not forgetting they got caught breaking the law in a pandemic.

The total silence from this new committee on how that is being dealt with is shocking but when you start off buckling to a disgrace of a club within two minutes you have lost any power you had right away.

Edited by ballermk

As with the English non league, is there any point in playing until the fans can be allowed in, producing income etc ?  Been a bit quiet on the supporter front, though they  tested a crowd at cricket the weekend just gone, seemed to go ok. Clubs around Bristol are arranging friendlies for August with some council pitches already marked out. Don't know how it's gonna work just yet.

6 hours ago, ballermk said:

This October 2nd for non league is totally unrealistic where its coming from god only knows. 

If we keep seeing weeks of little or no deaths and a low case count which will rise hopefully only a little with lifting of lockdown fully then tier 2 will be able to start then under closed doors mid october with clubs meeting the requirements to play games.

We have to be ultra conservative here to prevent a second wave and problems in the winter even if by some miracle non league games are played in october the big percentage of over 60s who follow this level you'll see a decent amount of them body swerving these games for a while its just not worth the risk for many of them. If they have half a brain or the families do thats what the attitude will be. 

Tier 2 have adopted the sensible approach 9 less games unlike the hapless new west of scotland who have agreed to 8 more games in what would have already had been a big league fixture season under normal circumstances.

Any talk of splitting up the league and messing about with the format would just make things even more of a shambles. 

All because a jumped up village team threatened to take legal action in turn making season 20-21 a total right off for the proper big non league clubs in the west premier not forgetting they got caught breaking the law in a pandemic.

The total silence from this new committee on how that is being dealt with is shocking but when you start off buckling to a disgrace of a club within two minutes you have lost any power you had right away.

Not really sure why we are allowed to crowd onto buses, aircraft and trains... Enter shops and shopping centres, sit in pubs and restuarants, but by October won't be allowed to attend football in an outdoor arena.... Given the attendances at these games, it makes very little sense to me.

27 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Not really sure why we are allowed to crowd onto buses, aircraft and trains... Enter shops and shopping centres, sit in pubs and restuarants, but by October won't be allowed to attend football in an outdoor arena.... Given the attendances at these games, it makes very little sense to me.

A crowd of 300 can easily be socially distanced around the ground, but the impression I get is 'If I can't stand next to / If we can't have a few drinks beforehand/after the game etc then I won't go'  We all have to do things differently, where the spfl  crowds are spaced out, when to eat and drink etc, sure the sensible fans are ok - just the idiots set to spoil things. Well done Liverpool and Leeds fans, proves my point.

11 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

A crowd of 300 can easily be socially distanced around the ground, but the impression I get is 'If I can't stand next to / If we can't have a few drinks beforehand/after the game etc then I won't go'  We all have to do things differently, where the spfl  crowds are spaced out, when to eat and drink etc, sure the sensible fans are ok - just the idiots set to spoil things. Well done Liverpool and Leeds fans, proves my point.

300? 90% off clubs would cut your hands off for that many at the best of times, never mind now.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

300? 90% off clubs would cut your hands off for that many at the best of times, never mind now.

Do you think many disinterested spfl fans would take in non lge football, or doesn't that happen in Scotland ?  Then you have the fans desperate for a game somewhere, we have loads down south 😬  Maybe I'll adjust my  attendance to 100+ then !

Just now, Andy groundhopper said:

Do you think many disinterested spfl fans would take in non lge football, or doesn't that happen in Scotland ?  Then you have the fans desperate for a game somewhere, we have loads down south 😬  Maybe I'll adjust my  attendance to 100+ then !

I suppose it's unprecedented just now, but Premiership clubs have staggered kick offs, postponements, international breaks etc and I don't see much, if any, increase in crowds.

The restart will be a long way away if clubs don’t adhere to the rules. Rossvales twitter tonight is unbelievable, what happened to four players and one coach to a zone? As the guidelines say “ if in any doubt this means no more than 5 households per zone” .  

12 hours ago, DanMan said:

If there are no crowds at SPFL games, non-league will be considerably busier. Experience in other countries have already shown what can probably be expected here as well. So measures will be needed to prevent the non-league games getting too busy.

Funnily enough I've had a couple of OF-supporting punters I know from work - the kind that vaguely follow the fortunes of their local team without actually going to games - asking me over the last few weeks when we're starting back up and if fans will be allowed, so there may well be an influx of sorts.

Logically there shouldn't going by the lack of evidence of any significant upturn in numbers during international breaks and so on, but we're in uncharted territory, so who knows?

Funnily enough I've had a couple of OF-supporting punters I know from work - the kind that vaguely follow the fortunes of their local team without actually going to games - asking me over the last few weeks when we're starting back up and if fans will be allowed, so there may well be an influx of sorts.
Logically there shouldn't going by the lack of evidence of any significant upturn in numbers during international breaks and so on, but we're in uncharted territory, so who knows?
I think now with us all, essentially being senior, that it may spike an interest of supporters of SPFL clubs who may not be going to a game on a Saturday due to either them not getting a ticket, Sunday game etc. Like you, I've had the same questions from OF fans I know, more than I previously had when we were all juniors. It would normally be the odd "who you got this weekend?" or "how did yous get on at the weekend?"

Is it maybe now just because they want to know if we will start later or same time as then? I'm not sure but it would be good to get more punters in the WoSFL grounds when it's safe to do so

4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

A good example from The Netherlands, I know someone involved in a part-time club in the east of the country, near the German border. A team roughly of the standard and following of the likes of Bo'ness for example. They played their first PSF at the start of the season against a local club a few tiers lower down. Due to the difference in standard there is no rivalry between the 2 sides of any sort. A PSF like that played early July would normally struggle to get a 3 figure crowd. There was a significantly reduced ground capacity due to coronavirus restrictions but as they've got a decent capacity ground, even under the current rules they could easily entertain their average league crowd and have some spare space left.

As higher levels don't allow crowds in yet, people desperate for football flocked from quite a distance to their ground for that PSF, including quite a large amount of German fans living in the border regions as football with fans isn't allowed in Germany yet at all. The game was sold out well before KO and they had to turn people away!

Edited by Marten

Just now, Marten said:

A good example from The Netherlands, I know someone involved in a part-time club in the east of the country, near the German border. A team roughly of the standard and following of the likes of Bo'ness for example. They played their first PSF at the start of the season against a local club a few tiers lower down. Due to the difference in standard there is no rivalry between the 2 sides of any sort. A PSF like that played early July would normally struggle to get a 3 figure crowds. There was a significantly reduced ground capacity due to coronavirus restrictions but as they've got a decent capacity ground, even under the current rules they could easily entertain their average league crowd and have some spare space left.

As higher levels don't allow crowds in yet, people desperate for football flocked from quite a distance to their ground for that PSF, including quite a large amount of German fans living in the border regions as football with fans isn't allowed in Germany yet at all. The game was sold out well before KO and they had to turn people away!

I think it would be prudent to have a capacity set for each ground and just advance ticket it to that limit. There is always the danger of the odd club unused to decent crowds seeing a potential payday going to waste, just saying "f**k it" and letting the floodgates open however - the league may have to initiate spot checks on pain of a hefty fine for clubs that have just ripped up the playbook.

as i have said before letting supporters in is not the problem at this level. social distancing in changing rooms , hospitality and refreshments are .   without the last  two it is impossible  to keep clubs solvent as gate receipts are not enough to  cover outlay.