Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

...or maybe it shows the virus is not as big a deal as we were originally led to believe it would be and is something we are just going to have to learn to live with, if it turns out to be more than a one and done sort of event (there's actually a very good chance it won't even without a vaccine)? Older people have been dying of respiratory viral infections in significant numbers every winter in Scotland for many centuries and there has been at least one flu pandemic in the past (in 1918) that has been significantly worse than COVID-19 in mortality rate terms.

Ok I give up I suggest that you should apply for Jason Leitch’s job and then we’ll see how the country gets on 

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

bookmark my link and keep an eye on it over the next wee while. I will stick to official data when available.

Cases aren't doubling every day, but they are doubling every 7-10 days (J Leitch, yesterday).

Travellingtabby uses the official data, just presenting it in their own way.

For the person who said cases are doubling every day: :rolleyes:

"Players are being asked to travel to matches in their own cars, dressed in their strip and return home after the match wearing a wet, sweaty, dirty strip without having been able to have a shower and with no access to a dressing room."

Surely these players can bring a towel and a set of clothes to change in their car?

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The ignore option filters out crackpots quite nicely 😄

Disgusting that you would stoop to that. Why don't you give the constant irrational scaremongering a rest now for a bit. The season is going to proceed whether you like it or not. Rationality has prevailed.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Disgusting that you would stoop to that. Why don't you give the constant irrational scaremongering a rest now for a bit. The season is going to proceed whether you like it or not. Rationality has prevailed.

I asked in the post above “How many clubs can meet the changing rooms criteria” being set out by SG and SFA 

Answers on a post card !!! 

57 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Go and read the rules then see what the majority of clubs have put in place ……… it’s not acceptable at youth football never mind supposedly professional football.

You obviously havent been updated because most eos clubs be back I theor changing rooms again

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Where is that fact coming from?

In a survey of clubs a few weeks back, 70% said they shouldn’t start without fans, a similar percentage said they wouldn’t last more than 4 weeks without fans and only 9% reckoned they would last the season. 
Im sure whatever club you support should’ve passed these results on to you as our committee done

Edited by Kenny*******Powers
Add content

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Not sure most clubs are back yet but at least there is a set of guidelines now for them to work towards getting back with. 

None are back yet but they are in the process of coming back. All I see on here is negativity and cant. If u watch our committee video from doing up the ground one of the things that stuck with me is the secretary said people said we cant. When going for a licence but weve got one. You just need to try 

24 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Where is that fact coming from?

Out of 67 clubs, 55 responded.

Start date – 

10th October. - 49.1%

31st October. - 49.1%

No answer - 1.8%

Therefore no clear consensus for either.

Fans – Would you support a return without fans?

Yes – 29.1%

No – 70.9%

If we do start, how long could your club continue without that associated income?

On average,

9.1% believe they could survive till the end of the season.

70.5% believe they will not last beyond 4 weeks.

Changing Facilities

If these became allowable could you meet the 2m social distancing guidance?

Yes – 52.7%

No – 47.3%

Do you have access to supplementary facilities?

Yes – 36.4%

No – 63.6%

Players

Are your players willing to return home following a match without access to showers and changing facilities?

Yes – 47.27%

No – 50.91%

Mixed response from players within club – 1.82%

Just now, archieb said:

Out of 67 clubs, 55 responded.

Start date – 

10th October. - 49.1%

31st October. - 49.1%

No answer - 1.8%

Therefore no clear consensus for either.

Fans – Would you support a return without fans?

Yes – 29.1%

No – 70.9%

If we do start, how long could your club continue without that associated income?

On average,

9.1% believe they could survive till the end of the season.

70.5% believe they will not last beyond 4 weeks.

Changing Facilities

Yes – 52.7%

No – 47.3%

Do you have access to supplementary facilities?

Yes – 36.4%

No – 63.6%

Players

Are your players willing to return home following a match without access to showers and changing facilities?

Yes – 47.27%

No – 50.91%

Mixed response from players within club – 1.82%

Thanks Archie

3 minutes ago, archieb said:

Changing Facilities

Yes – 52.7%

No – 47.3%

Having been in West of Scotland changing rooms over the years, unless a lot of teams have upgraded their changing facilities in the last 5 years there is no way 52% of clubs can meet this guidance. Creative accounting by a lot of clubs I think. 
If as the guidance from SG/SFA say there will be spot checks a lot of clubs are in for a rude awakening 

5 hours ago, qwerty said:

What about the fans? Obviously the clubs that voted to start without the fans don't give a fk about their fans,

I'm watching Bo'ness United vs Cumbernauld Colts by webstream right now. It shouldn't be mission impossible in this day and age for clubs with a significant fanbase to do something like that and try to use donations generated from that to do a bit of fundraising.

5 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

In Darvel which is a small village we have now got an outbreak which started on Wednesday and is growing daily and is now between 15-20 people, a lot of these guys would be following the team home and away, some are showing no symptoms.

So is it 15 or 20? If anyone is unwell with the virus they would be self isolating not following the team home or away!

25 minutes ago, Newguy said:

So is it 15 or 20? If anyone is unwell with the virus they would be self isolating not following the team home or away!

The number varies depending on who you speak to that’s why I said between 15-20, my point was the majority of these people would have been at a game if allowed to and it proves how quick it can escalate hence why for me there won’t be fans at games any time soon.

9 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

The number varies depending on who you speak to that’s why I said between 15-20, my point was the majority of these people would have been at a game if allowed to and it proves how quick it can escalate hence why for me there won’t be fans at games any time soon.

My point is they wouldn’t be at games if they tested positive! So they wouldn’t have been allowed to attend.