7 minutes ago, Derry said:

Stock car racing in fife yesterday where’s the difference to football 

49D72644-6D8E-47EE-B755-5B7DB303C711.jpeg

The difference seems to be scale. There were over 100 games played yesterday. Give a minimum average gate of 50 that's 5,000 people. With everything going on that might actually get surpassed with the majority of those fans travelling across the Central Belt.

By comparison that looks to be the exact same track in Lochgelly from last week that gets around a few hundred people.  Does Stock Car racing having any other venues in Scotland on the go just now? According to the one in Cowdenbeath racing there is still suspended. With one of the notes saying they're not allowed spectators in until at least October 5th. https://www.racewall.co.uk/news/racewall-reopening

In all of these pics there are very few masks being worn. Why? 

Italy was the epicentre for the virus in April and are now only one of nine countries that Brits can actually fly to. This is mostly down to the population wearing masks almost everywhere. It's science but not rocket science.

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In all of these pics there are very few masks being worn. Why? 

Italy was the epicentre for the virus in April and are now only one of nine countries that Brits can actually fly to. This is mostly down to the population wearing masks almost everywhere. It's science but not rocket science.

https://www.hardieracepromotions.co.uk/tickets/

Face Coverings To Be Worn and 2m Distancing Between Groups. Car Sharing not permitted by more than 1 household
The protocols are in place, they just can't enforce them.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

https://www.hardieracepromotions.co.uk/tickets/

Face Coverings To Be Worn and 2m Distancing Between Groups. Car Sharing not permitted by more than 1 household
The protocols are in place, they just can't enforce them.

Point is no-one should need to enforce them. The UK is in the brown stuff through twistedness by too many people.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

... It's science but not rocket science.

The advice initially was masks should be left to medical professionals as they only do any good if worn properly and can actually lead to increased infection risks in certain circumstances when not. I consistently made an effort to wear one properly before it became mandatory as I had experienced first hand how the Japanese are able to combat flu that way every winter, so I follow all the instructions on how to take them off and then clean them properly. That's a prime example of how you can look after numero uno effectively and try to sort out your own personal circumstances so you wind up in the 30% if the initial advice about 70% to get to herd immunity is applicable (probably isn't as high in reality so the odds of avoiding the virus have improved for those that make an effort). Have my own sanitiser at both work and at home etc, so I don't need to rely on anything being dished out for free as I find that isn't always topped up in time, etc. 

In big picture terms though on whether a nanny state approach with lots of regulations actually really helps, how many people do you see walking around with their nose exposed or with a mask around their neck or on their chin, how many people are pulling it off to speak to somebody defeating the entire point of the exercise, how many are actually taking it off properly and cleaning it daily when they get home, etc? How many people are washing their hands for over 20 seconds the thorough way that doctors and nurses do it and are using hand sanitiser to the full extent they need to be? There's a good chance that the reason there isn't much happening on a second wave in Lombardy at the moment is that things were messed up so monumentally badly the first time around that herd immunity was achieved.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The advice initially was masks should be left to medical professionals as they only do any good if worn properly and can actually lead to increased infection risks in certain circumstances when not. I consistently made an effort to wear one properly before it became mandatory as I had experienced first hand how the Japanese are able to combat flu that way every winter, so I follow all the instructions on how to take them off and then clean them properly. That's a prime example of how you can look after numero uno effectively and try to sort out your own personal circumstances so you wind up in the 30% if the initial advice about 70% to get to herd immunity is applicable (probably isn't as high in reality so the odds of avoiding the virus have improved for those that make an effort). Have my own sanitiser at both work and at home etc, so I don't need to rely on anything being dished out for free as I find that isn't always topped up in time, etc. 

In big picture terms though on whether a nanny state approach with lots of regulations actually really helps, how many people do you see walking around with their nose exposed or with a mask around their neck or on their chin, how many people are pulling it off to speak to somebody defeating the entire point of the exercise, how many are actually taking it off properly and cleaning it daily when they get home, etc? How many people are washing their hands for over 20 seconds the thorough way that doctors and nurses do it and are using hand sanitiser to the full extent they need to be. There's a good chance that the reason there isn't much happening on a second wave in Lombardy at the moment is that things were messed up so monumentally badly the first time around that herd immunity was achieved.

Or maybe it's because there were bodies piling up in churches so it's being taken seriously enough to wear a mask indoors and outdoors. There are some who don't wear it properly but that's the minority. Judging by the pics in this thread that's not the case there.

Glasgow only today had the highest cases in the UK. 

Noises about top tier 1 wont have fans this season at all. 

If it works out well they will finish season with no fans. 

All the while we still have utter morons at clubs like linlithgow going on about let fans in blah blah blah on social media. 

Totally deluded the type of people and clubs who pose far more of a risk to all clubs future than anything else. 

Ditch the league campaigns. 

Those players who want to tick over play closed doors for free till march. 

Review things in march if possible play some kind of competitive regional cup comps then. 

Let clubs regroup and rebuild with less pressure and uncertainty. 

If anybody is home at the intern west of scotland WAKE UP before you proceed over the death of several clubs. 

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Noticed from Drumchapel's twitter they had a wee crowd on the hill

@cmontheloknow what were the crowd numbers allowed in those pictures?

Screenshot_2020-09-27 eqepnBovV8qRTYP0 mp4.png

I am not sure about permitted numbers in  England, but whether it's 50 or 500, people standing within whispering distance without masks is not something that should be done (afaik). This whole 'let them play' stuff is all well and good, but it's rights without responsibility.

15 hours ago, Derry said:

Stock car racing in fife yesterday where’s the difference to football 

49D72644-6D8E-47EE-B755-5B7DB303C711.jpeg

Two issues here.

Not sure what the difference is between this and football. Someone mentioned that football isn’t played in cars, which isn’t an argument in the first place when you think about fans attending an event.

The main issue however, is that if this photo represented a match at non-league football match, then it would be the last! The crowd is not social distancing. The whole argument of allowing fans into football in a reduced capacity is that clubs would/must ensure fans stay apart from each other.

Anyone using this photo as an positive argument, to persuade Scottish Ministers and SFA to let into football, would be laughed at, at the first hurdle and are the reason why we are still having this debate!

One of the great ironies of the COVID-19 pandemic has been that it was Europe's "last dictator" that fostered an environment in which citizens were most free to make their own choices. Has there been some kind of medical armageddon there as a result? No, there hasn't because the IFR fatality rate turned out to be much lower than initially feared.

You need to have a population that will actually comply like in certain parts of Asia for the nanny state approach to be worth pursuing to the extent the UK has. If you are going to attempt it then the politicians really needed to apply the measures by early February well before the exponential curve was rocketing up.  Otherwise it's largely a case of window dressing to deflect attention away from their earlier monumental cockup.

You had one really important job Boris and Nicola. Stopping it from getting into the care homes...

Edited by LongTimeLurker

38 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Two issues here.

Not sure what the difference is between this and football. Someone mentioned that football isn’t played in cars, which isn’t an argument in the first place when you think about fans attending an event.

The main issue however, is that if this photo represented a match at non-league football match, then it would be the last! The crowd is not social distancing. The whole argument of allowing fans into football in a reduced capacity is that clubs would/must ensure fans stay apart from each other.

Anyone using this photo as an positive argument, to persuade Scottish Ministers and SFA to let into football, would be laughed at, at the first hurdle and are the reason why we are still having this debate!

It's complete irresponsibility by whoever runs the stock car racing at Central Park. As you say, more likely to get things shut down than reopened.

Just going back to the questionnaire from WoSL. I read a wee summary in one of the Ayrshire online papers. Over half the clubs say they can social distance at 2m in dressing rooms. As a good friend remarked to me very recently, how many dressing rooms had I been in dumping kit bags in over the years were as roomy as the bridal suite of a 5 star hotel? Well he didn't say the last bit but you get the point. Am I misunderstandingthe question asked? Most non-league dressing rooms are a tight squeeze.

34 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Just going back to the questionnaire from WoSL. I read a wee summary in one of the Ayrshire online papers. Over half the clubs say they can social distance at 2m in dressing rooms. As a good friend remarked to me very recently, how many dressing rooms had I been in dumping kit bags in over the years were as roomy as the bridal suite of a 5 star hotel? Well he didn't say the last bit but you get the point. Am I misunderstandingthe question asked? Most non-league dressing rooms are a tight squeeze.

You're right. My fag-packet says that needs a room of about 50 sq metres (say 6 x 8), and that's assuming everyone stays in his place, and enters and leaves in strict rotation. That seems a tad unlikely.

9 hours ago, rncaa said:

...All the while we still have utter morons at clubs like linlithgow going on about let fans in blah blah blah on social media....

If you wanted to have something useful to rant about you would have picked up on the snippet of info from Lithgae Rose fans that Ian Maxwell was blissfully unaware that clubs from Step 3 downwards in England are allowed to play in front of spectators at the moment. The FA administers the nonleague pyramid so were responsive to the needs of the lower levels. In Scotland in the new pyramid era we have an SFA Board that is SPFL dominated and only really cares about the SPFL, so the lowers levels get largely ignored. That's as strong an argument for why having something like the SJFA around at the moment might have been useful as you are ever likely to get. Meanwhile on COVID statistics there were 17 deaths yesterday across the UK so the "second wave" is in no way comparable to the first one so far and appears to mainly a product of greatly enhanced testing capacity. There are other European countries that are a lot further along with this "second wave" than the UK is and there is no sign yet of deaths rocketing up to April sort of levels.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

I’m guessing that they are saying the can get every player changed in a reasonable amount of time, and not they can fit both squads in at the same time.   Are the possibly taking into account using other areas that they wouldn’t normally use?   I doubt even the bigger changing rooms can do it without players taking turns.