11 hours ago, lithgierose said:

East of Scotland clubs have had a meeting. (Zoom or the likes.) Fans of clubs involved might find out what it was about someday. 

13 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

SFA only sounding interested in getting fans back from the top down and government not going to ok thousands in the Premiership.

League did a big meeting on the web last night. Felt like they are doing all they can do. Meetings with the SFA and the government, been doing surveys on teams changing rooms, grounds, crowds, what teams want to do, had a heap of facts on it all. Most teams want to start next month but some dont want to play more than one or two months if no fans and no compo.

Applied to run a test game at a team in the Premier Division and all but never got a reply. Our chairman heard the leagues were talking about test games in Berwick or Tweedmouth and all but nothing said on that. Fans are driving to Northumbria and Newcastle to see some football its that dumb.

27 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
37 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
I certainly haven't publicised any of our games, apart from today's against Glasgow Uni as they tweeted about it yesterday.

Honestly not a dig, but how are students not allowed to go to shops, pubs and restaurants but allowed to play a football match?

Wait till the students turn up and then phone the polis.

^^^At least one of the 592 likes on the first tweet came from an official Kelty Hearts account. Bo'ness United and Troon also backing it from what I could see on a quick skim through. Camelon, Alloa Athletic and Newburgh are among the likes on the other tweets.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 23/09/2020 at 19:47, TFW said:

I've been to three games in England. One at Penrith, and two at Carlisle City. My wife has an underlying health condition which means I have to take extra precautions, like leaving the ground five minutes early to avoid mingling close to other fans going through the exit. Despite the high level of social distancing aware ness on my part, I had someone at Penrith who insisted on standing right behind me at the game, so I moved. He followed about ninety seconds later, and stood right behind me again, and started shouting over the fence to his mates. When I remonstrated with him about his ignorance of social distancing he took a hissy fit. He wasn't blessed with the greatest of intelligence unfortunately, and I moved again rather than create a scene. I later moved twice more as other fans came and sat very near to me despite my sitting in areas well away from the majority. That wasn't deliberate on their behalf, it was just not thinking. Again, I moved twice to avoid any further confrontation.

On Saturday at Carlisle United, it was a lovely day, and I again socially distanced, but there was a group of about a dozen middle aged blokes in the corner near the exit all drinking and enjoying themselves, but with zero respect for social distancing. It made me rethink on going to such games again, and have decided not go. I had contemplated getting a season ticket at Carlisle City (it's only £2 per game). Ground's in the middle of nowhere, and average crowd is usually about 40 to 50. At the moment though it's about three times that with fans from all over the UK present. It's only about ten minutes longer to get there than it is for me to go to Auchinleck.

If that behaviour I've noted is replicated in Scotland at non league level, it would be harder still to try and instill the necessary discipline to ensure everyone's well being at the ground. At the risk of being labelled a sad person for actually believing the science, I think it makes absolute sense to scrap the season before it starts and try to get it going again in better times

Scottish non-league football is so far beneath the SG radar it might as well not exist. It's barely on the radar of our football officials. Maybe the guys who made a good job of getting the WoS set up could arrange direct discussion with someone at SG to explain that attendances are possible at this level.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Probably wouldn't be allowed, SFA would say their Joint Response Group deals with the SG, cant imagine they would be to happy if someone from WOS or any other non league  grouping tried to bypass footballs governing body.

True,  but the message isn't reaching the right place as it is.

I noticed on the list of friendlies that amateur games are being played on public parks, but Newmains can't allow anyone in to their game, which is essentially a public park.

33 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Scottish non-league football is so far beneath the SG radar it might as well not exist. It's barely on the radar of our football officials. Maybe the guys who made a good job of getting the WoS set up could arrange direct discussion with someone at SG to explain that attendances are possible at this level.

I fear the SG is probably jsut reflecting public apathy. Everyone on these forums is obviously interested in non-league football, but the vast majority of the population isn't.

Just now, Stag Nation said:

I fear the SG is probably jsut reflecting public apathy. Everyone on these forums is obviously interested in non-league football, but the vast majority of the population isn't.

Again agreed, which is why they could play. Hardly anyone goes.

50 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You don't need to leave it to a league to do this. MSPs and MPs will listen to what clubs and individual fans are telling them as well. They are used to mass apathy so will start to get very concerned once the silent majority start calling them to tell them that they are very unhappy about their handling of a particular issue. Camelon have the right idea on this:

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Why shouldnt they? I dont like the rose but fully agree on what they are trying to do. Camelon have a telephone appointment with Michael Matheson next week 

Edited by LongTimeLurker