It's not that they would rather play without their fans.
It's more that they would rather play than not play.
If there are no fans, that's disappointing but not the end of the world.

If they cared that much for the fans of the club, they would all play for free this season
? Idiot !

You really think experts are telling Nicola that nonleague football with spectators is a no no right now, while others are telling Boris it's OK down south? 

I don’t think they have told her anything about non league football, they won’t be distinguishing it from any other spectator sport. Rightly or wrongly the government are not spreading the level or sports out.

Oh and by the way Boris just stopped sports fans in England with the National League considering suspending their season or perhaps cancelling altogether.

Wondering how we make people socially distance on the terraces? How we make them socially distance in toilets? Do we close off enclosures on wet days to give players somewhere to go?

Plenty of anecdotal evidence on Twitter of people not bothering their arse in England at the non-league games with crowds. The odd covid outbreak chucked in for good measure.

The demographic I'd have thought least likely to comply with covid restrictions are either onfield or watching... men young to middle aged.

Edited by cmontheloknow

39 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Wondering how we make people socially distance on the terraces? How we make them socially distance in toilets? Do we close off enclosures on wet days to give players somewhere to go?

I've seen the odd mention of bringing in portaloos to try and handle the toilet situation.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I've seen the odd mention of bringing in portaloos to try and handle the toilet situation.

I avoid them like the plague, no pun intended, not had to answer that call since the 90s... they don't have running water do they? Doesn't really solve the handwashing thingy. Sanitiser no substitute for soap and water.

5 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I avoid them like the plague, no pun intended, not had to answer that call since the 90s... they don't have running water do they? Doesn't really solve the handwashing thingy. Sanitiser no substitute for soap and water.

I wonder at what point the leadership of the WoSFL pulls the plug on this season.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Plenty of anecdotal evidence on Twitter of people not bothering their arse in England at the non-league games with crowds. The odd covid outbreak chucked in for good measure.

The demographic I'd have thought least likely to comply with covid restrictions are either onfield or watching... men young to middle aged.

You do have to be strict about it, suppose spray paint lines or something onto the terraces to show areas for standing/one way system, people flouting it get punted out regardless of how big a fan they are etc. Toilets etc well you need to hire those portable urinals they have at music festivals and have hand sanitiser at a few points around the ground. Its all eminently doable. Remember a contact is less than 2mtrs away for 15 minutes, theres so much room for letting fans in. The SNP (who ive voted for all my adult life) have never really seemed to be pro-football, i cant see that changing unless fans lobby msps etc and remind them of the election in may.  

42 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

They’d work just fine, the modern ones are better than the toilets at most grounds. 

Portaloos that I've used lately do have soap and water in them tho there's a foot pump thing you have to battle with to scoosh any water out the thing. Then touch the lock/handle on the way out. Then use a sanitising station on the outside to clean that new muck off your hands. 

A close contact that they will trace is being indoors with someone for 15+ mins at 2m-.

Fans still at English non league games tonight.
Yeah, you are correct.

Looking at a few non league pages, it looks like the government has not given any direction on what to do for fan attendance on step 3 down.

If they are still allowed fan attendance in non league despite the tighter restrictions then should help support our claim for getting the same up here.

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

...If they are still allowed fan attendance in non league despite the tighter restrictions then should help support our claim for getting the same up here.

It's only common sense that Muirkirk vs Lugar doesn't need to be under the same sort of regulations as Rangers vs Celtic.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

I wonder at what point the leadership of the WoSFL pulls the plug on this season.

There is an easier solution, the clubs instead of bleating for money from the sfa should tell the WOSL that without showers, changing facilities and fans getting into games they are not going to play.

10 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

There is an easier solution, the clubs instead of bleating for money from the sfa should tell the WOSL that without showers, changing facilities and fans getting into games they are not going to play.

Exact opposite, high % of top flight clubs have told the league they want to start on the 10th with no showers,changing facilities or fans.

Bonkers

49 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Exact opposite, high % of top flight clubs have told the league they want to start on the 10th with no showers,changing facilities or fans.

Bonkers

Yes I know, but the same clubs are asking for help from the sfa🤷🏻‍♂️, if there is no football there are minimal costs and all clubs will survive.

27 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I'm guessing the clubs that call themselves community clubs  would  do stuff for their community other days of the week. Like during lockdown when clubs were helping those people that were shielding, the clubs that organise collections for foodbanks etc. 

Yeah some probably did, but that wouldn’t need to stop if there was no football.

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Bonkers

There's a big difference between what managers want and what clubs want. You must be getting two surveys mixed up.