42 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I avoid them like the plague, no pun intended, not had to answer that call since the 90s... they don't have running water do they? Doesn't really solve the handwashing thingy. Sanitiser no substitute for soap and water.

They’d work just fine, the modern ones are better than the toilets at most grounds. 

Portaloos that I've used lately do have soap and water in them tho there's a foot pump thing you have to battle with to scoosh any water out the thing. Then touch the lock/handle on the way out. Then use a sanitising station on the outside to clean that new muck off your hands. 

A close contact that they will trace is being indoors with someone for 15+ mins at 2m-.

Fans still at English non league games tonight.
Yeah, you are correct.

Looking at a few non league pages, it looks like the government has not given any direction on what to do for fan attendance on step 3 down.

If they are still allowed fan attendance in non league despite the tighter restrictions then should help support our claim for getting the same up here.

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

...If they are still allowed fan attendance in non league despite the tighter restrictions then should help support our claim for getting the same up here.

It's only common sense that Muirkirk vs Lugar doesn't need to be under the same sort of regulations as Rangers vs Celtic.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

I wonder at what point the leadership of the WoSFL pulls the plug on this season.

There is an easier solution, the clubs instead of bleating for money from the sfa should tell the WOSL that without showers, changing facilities and fans getting into games they are not going to play.

10 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

There is an easier solution, the clubs instead of bleating for money from the sfa should tell the WOSL that without showers, changing facilities and fans getting into games they are not going to play.

Exact opposite, high % of top flight clubs have told the league they want to start on the 10th with no showers,changing facilities or fans.

Bonkers

49 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Exact opposite, high % of top flight clubs have told the league they want to start on the 10th with no showers,changing facilities or fans.

Bonkers

Yes I know, but the same clubs are asking for help from the sfa🤷🏻‍♂️, if there is no football there are minimal costs and all clubs will survive.

Bonkers
I'm not sure how you know that as the survey isn't complete yet and the IMG haven't seen the results yet.

27 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I'm guessing the clubs that call themselves community clubs  would  do stuff for their community other days of the week. Like during lockdown when clubs were helping those people that were shielding, the clubs that organise collections for foodbanks etc. 

Yeah some probably did, but that wouldn’t need to stop if there was no football.

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Bonkers

There's a big difference between what managers want and what clubs want. You must be getting two surveys mixed up.

2 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Doubt the WoSFL is the top of the SFA's priority list at the moment.

f**k the SFA.

Unfortunately we are now approaching a time of the year when playing conditions are not always the most favourable and without proper changing, washing  facilities etc clubs have to remember that they have a duty of care to the players especially with regard to their health and safety.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, The Ilford Drummer said:
Bonkers

I'm not sure how you know that as the survey isn't complete yet and the IMG haven't seen the results yet.

Sorry should have said managers, but  sure you already know that.

20 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
20 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:
You really think experts are telling Nicola that nonleague football with spectators is a no no right now, while others are telling Boris it's OK down south? 

Fans attending games has been stopped in England as well now.

Which leagues have stopped fans ? just out of interest,seeing as I saw Almondsbury 2 Oldland 1 last night. (Western League) think some leagues up north may be on the verge of BCD games

19 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I don’t think they have told her anything about non league football, they won’t be distinguishing it from any other spectator sport. Rightly or wrongly the government are not spreading the level or sports out.

Oh and by the way Boris just stopped sports fans in England with the National League considering suspending their season or perhaps cancelling altogether.

Think that's because the National Leagues are being considered as 'elite' if you can believe that.Crowds of 1,000 are easily workable at that level with the better grounds.

Winton chairman in the local rag , no a happy bunny it seems .

" It's not football- it's a nonsense. We have grown men having to turn up to play under restrictions , change outside in an enclosure , can't get a shower , can't use any facilities , don't have spectators , it's not right  " . 

" We can't keep continuing with these friendlies it's not feasible , we have a couple more friendlies already lined up after that we are calling a halt ".

I've been to three games in England. One at Penrith, and two at Carlisle City. My wife has an underlying health condition which means I have to take extra precautions, like leaving the ground five minutes early to avoid mingling close to other fans going through the exit. Despite the high level of social distancing aware ness on my part, I had someone at Penrith who insisted on standing right behind me at the game, so I moved. He followed about ninety seconds later, and stood right behind me again, and started shouting over the fence to his mates. When I remonstrated with him about his ignorance of social distancing he took a hissy fit. He wasn't blessed with the greatest of intelligence unfortunately, and I moved again rather than create a scene. I later moved twice more as other fans came and sat very near to me despite my sitting in areas well away from the majority. That wasn't deliberate on their behalf, it was just not thinking. Again, I moved twice to avoid any further confrontation.

On Saturday at Carlisle United, it was a lovely day, and I again socially distanced, but there was a group of about a dozen middle aged blokes in the corner near the exit all drinking and enjoying themselves, but with zero respect for social distancing. It made me rethink on going to such games again, and have decided not go. I had contemplated getting a season ticket at Carlisle City (it's only £2 per game). Ground's in the middle of nowhere, and average crowd is usually about 40 to 50. At the moment though it's about three times that with fans from all over the UK present. It's only about ten minutes longer to get there than it is for me to go to Auchinleck.

If that behaviour I've noted is replicated in Scotland at non league level, it would be harder still to try and instill the necessary discipline to ensure everyone's well being at the ground. At the risk of being labelled a sad person for actually believing the science, I think it makes absolute sense to scrap the season before it starts and try to get it going again in better times.

And when will these better times be?

I've been to three games in England. One at Penrith, and two at Carlisle City. My wife has an underlying health condition which means I have to take extra precautions, like leaving the ground five minutes early to avoid mingling close to other fans going through the exit. Despite the high level of social distancing aware ness on my part, I had someone at Penrith who insisted on standing right behind me at the game, so I moved. He followed about ninety seconds later, and stood right behind me again, and started shouting over the fence to his mates. When I remonstrated with him about his ignorance of social distancing he took a hissy fit. He wasn't blessed with the greatest of intelligence unfortunately, and I moved again rather than create a scene. I later moved twice more as other fans came and sat very near to me despite my sitting in areas well away from the majority. That wasn't deliberate on their behalf, it was just not thinking. Again, I moved twice to avoid any further confrontation.
On Saturday at Carlisle United, it was a lovely day, and I again socially distanced, but there was a group of about a dozen middle aged blokes in the corner near the exit all drinking and enjoying themselves, but with zero respect for social distancing. It made me rethink on going to such games again, and have decided not go. I had contemplated getting a season ticket at Carlisle City (it's only £2 per game). Ground's in the middle of nowhere, and average crowd is usually about 40 to 50. At the moment though it's about three times that with fans from all over the UK present. It's only about ten minutes longer to get there than it is for me to go to Auchinleck.
If that behaviour I've noted is replicated in Scotland at non league level, it would be harder still to try and instill the necessary discipline to ensure everyone's well being at the ground. At the risk of being labelled a sad person for actually believing the science, I think it makes absolute sense to scrap the season before it starts and try to get it going again in better times.

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Utterly bizarre post with the greatest of respect. 

You are living with someone with underlying conditions and are happy swaning about the north of england watching basically meaningless matches involving teams you don't support and have the cheek to have a go at others behaviour then call for the season to be done away with as you obviously feel we are in a very serious situation which we are as it happens. 

You should be nowhere near a football end of story the now wether or not some spectators are compliant or not .

Edited by rncaa