Correct, mass hysteria, panic stations. 50k cases a day is idiotic to say the least. Personally I want football back at non league level because I feel we are being victimised, the pubs and shops can carry on regardless. The virus is airborne, like flu, so you're probably unlucky if you get it.  So long as the clubs want to play, let's get it going. I'm almost 59 and happily attend games, being sensible.

It's not mass hysteria just because folk disagree with what's going on, so let's knock that on the head straight away.

You feel "victimised" for not being able to see a game of football? You can though, as long as you don't cross the border. I've seen a game at Penrith, and two at Carlisle City in the last week. However, have now taken the decision to stay at home having done my own risk assessment of things as the situation gets that much worse.

You can be careful all you like, it's the others around you who may not share your concerns where the danger lies. The guys playing the game can't take any such precautions, and I don't want any of the players in the team I support suffering unduly because they've played a contact sport.

How long before we get the first QANon conspiracy theorists on here?

49 minutes ago, TFW said:

... You feel "victimised" for not being able to see a game of football? ...

Why put a word in quotes I never used? The reason I see mass hysteria setting in is that the numbers for today so far for the UK appear to be 4368 new cases and 11 deaths on the worldometers page I normally check to see what is happening in various countries.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Back in April if you check the data plots at that url there would have been up to around 100 times as many deaths as that corresonding to that sort of number of new cases. Any trend on the latter number should have only a 7 to 10 day lag on the former based on what happened previously, so there is nothing so far with this "second wave" to suggest that there is a major problem that really merits a massive U-turn on the process of re-opening that has been underway in recent months. I predicted this issue was coming on here though. Here's what I had to say on this subject just over a month ago:

On 18/08/2020 at 16:18, LongTimeLurker said:

Meanwhile in Wuhan...

If the season doesn't happen it will probably be because Nicola Sturgeon has well and truly lost the plot where the SNP's nanny state tendencies are concerned, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Pandemics usually run out of enough people to infect that don't have immunity built up from a prior infection to keep the R0 number above 1. Evidence is growing that with COVID-19 that can be from other coronaviruses where a large portion of the population is concerned, which is why the number of people needing a ventilator at peak was a lot less drastic than anticipated.

Suspect it could easily be January rather than October though. The October 17th timeline looks on the optimistic side, because the strict lockdowns mean there could still be enough people that have not been exposed to the virus to generate a significant second wave when the politicians initially try to get back to full normality. Nicola S has a track record of playing it very safe.

Correct, mass hysteria, panic stations. 50k cases a day is idiotic to say the least. Personally I want football back at non league level because I feel we are being victimised, the pubs and shops can carry on regardless. The virus is airborne, like flu, so you're probably unlucky if you get it.  So long as the clubs want to play, let's get it going. I'm almost 59 and happily attend games, being sensible.
It's mass hysteria to call yourself a victim of a pandemic simply because you can't get to a football match.

I'm as keen as anyone to get back to the football but that isn't going to happen when cases are doubling every 7 or 8 days. You might be able to social distance and be outside at the game but the government isn't going to be encouraging thousands of people to travel around the country in cars, buses and trains just to attend a football match. Most people won't be going directly to the game and back again the majority will stop at petrol stations, restaurants, pubs etc.

Just now, Ball-foot-score said:

Hate to break it to you but you can’t get herd immunity when all the studies are showing very few people are building any lasting immunity

Many experts on the subject do not share that assessment. Use google and read up on the subject and educate yourself. Who is correct on this will be clear in the not too distant future, because ever more data is accumulating that will provide the definitive answer.

36 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

It's mass hysteria to call yourself a victim of a pandemic simply because you can't get to a football match.

I'm as keen as anyone to get back to the football but that isn't going to happen when cases are doubling every 7 or 8 days. You might be able to social distance and be outside at the game but the government isn't going to be encouraging thousands of people to travel around the country in cars, buses and trains just to attend a football match. Most people won't be going directly to the game and back again the majority will stop at petrol stations, restaurants, pubs etc.

The anoraks don't care they just want a game of football to watch they live in a little bubble and think i will do everything right and totally ignore what every one else does and the practical behind the scenes things that just aren't possible. 

Its something for them to cling onto at a bleak time i guess we all do that in some form during trying times but at some point folk need to come to terms with the reality of things. 

I've said it from the start for the love of god whoever use hell is running this shambles to protect clubs and the game at this level and call the season void . 

I wonder if they got the go ahead from their committees to start without fans or maybe they have some arrangement with the players that they will all contribute their time and effort for free. Starting without fans and virtually zero income and expectecting to be paid is going to bring nothing but extreme financial hardship on the clubs, probably most will not be able to meet their obligations very quickly and then what?