17 minutes ago, marconi said:

no i wouldn,t do it but where does the money to pay him come from?

If clubs can find the money to pay players then no excuse about a ref shouldn't even be debated 

The clubs...

no i wouldn,t do it but where does the money to pay him come from?

The clubs...
Andy, i appreciate your desire to see teams playing again, I really do, but, i honestly think clubs will go out the game because of this pandemic, I'm not smart enough to know the answer to all of this but with teams training again and matches proposed to start, where's the money to come from if no fans, hospitality, bar areas not open. Maybe a few could cope, Talbot, Darvel, Pollok spring to mind but most teams including my own would struggle to survive! I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I'm with the man of many names on this one!

where do the clubs get the money if no crowds no shop no hospitality?  i accept some clubs have money in the bank [not many]  but even these clubs would struggle after a  few weeks of no income. if no supporters are allowed the only teams surviving will be be the two or three with  "sugar daddies" or the bottom clubs run on a basically amateur status.  would you accept this scenario or prefer to wait  until it is possible to return to something like normal and allow clubs to survive.

If clubs can find the money to pay players then no excuse about a ref shouldn't even be debated 
Clubs aren't paying players at the moment. Contracts this year only start paying wages when competitive games are underway. Some clubs might be paying wages or covering expenses, but they are under no obligation to do so just now.

I want football back, but I don't actually see the point of playing competitively until fans are allowed into games.

Re: dressing rooms. I understand what is to happen before and after games, but what about half time? Obviously the players can't all go into the dressing room, and as we head into late autumn and winter they will be standing around getting cold and IMO will be at increased risk of muscle injuries when the game restarts.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Clubs aren't paying players at the moment. Contracts this year only start paying wages when competitive games are underway. Some clubs might be paying wages or covering expenses, but they are under no obligation to do so just now.

I want football back, but I don't actually see the point of playing competitively until fans are allowed into games.

Re: dressing rooms. I understand what is to happen before and after games, but what about half time? Obviously the players can't all go into the dressing room, and as we head into late autumn and winter they will be standing around getting cold and IMO will be at increased risk of muscle injuries when the game restarts.

A would say thats quite an easy fix , instead of taking 15 minutes of a break at ht take 10 or even 5. If coaches are organised and ready with the teamtalk which I'm sure most will be then dont see that being an issue. No different from when someone goes does injured and theres a lengthy stoppage.

From the games I've seen,clubs look ok having team talks on the pitch and why do you need a 10/15 minute break anyway ? Agree,the games have to have fans with the English limits of 300 a place to start, the clubs are working hard to follow the guidelines. Ha a gazebo, brilliant idea !

Don’t know what the problem is. I’ve just played 90 in the rain, 10 mins at halftime, relax the rules around subs, enough time to get together for a drink and a team talk, maybe a change of top (or a smoke behind the goals) and away again. Everyone kept warm then a quick change into fresh shorts n T-shirt for the drive home to the shower. It’s not ideal but it was finally a game of football and no one was complaining. If it’s good enough for us Ammy’s then it’s good enough for tier 6-7... also a decent amount of passerby’s stopping to watch a game (not like they are allowed to go anywhere else to see a game) and keeping their distance.

As for paying refs, I’m sure if there’s no other option, between the committee and players they can stump up a few quid each to cover it. Surely players at this level aren’t too high n mighty to help their clubs out if it means getting a game on

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Don’t know what the problem is. I’ve just played 90 in the rain, 10 mins at halftime, relax the rules around subs, enough time to get together for a drink and a team talk, maybe a change of top (or a smoke behind the goals) and away again. Everyone kept warm then a quick change into fresh shorts n T-shirt for the drive home to the shower. It’s not ideal but it was finally a game of football and no one was complaining. If it’s good enough for us Ammy’s then it’s good enough for tier 6-7... also a decent amount of passerby’s stopping to watch a game (not like they are allowed to go anywhere else to see a game) and keeping their distance.

As for paying refs, I’m sure if there’s no other option, between the committee and players they can stump up a few quid each to cover it. Surely players at this level aren’t too high n mighty to help their clubs out if it means getting a game on

The main problem for the semi pros is funding the wages without ticket revenue and revenue from the social clubs.

Amateur football doesn't have these issues as most guys pay a tenner a week to play amateur. I dont see any reason why the amateurs can't get their season up and running and have to just turn up ready to play. Ref will be covered by the players paying their dues.

How do semi pro clubs cover their operating costs though without income?

26 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

How do semi pro clubs cover their operating costs though without income?

I don’t know how true it is but it’s been mentioned that contracts don’t officially start until competitive games are back on. If there’s still no crowds allow in by then, it’s up to the players themselves (and their conscience) whether they are going to demand wages from clubs when it’s a 2nd wage/cash to do a ‘job’ they are supposed to love...

We are all struggling so I can’t see why it would be a huge problem for players to defer payments for a month or 2 until clubs are back on track. Again it’s not ideal but it’s non-league, part time football... any players who would rather let their club die than take a bit of the strain need to take a good look at themselves

Its a bigger problem for the smaller clubs who own their own grounds and have a lot of unseen costs to cover that clubs who play on council parks don’t.

Buildings /Contents/ Public Liability insurance,Water rates, electricity plus all the normal maintenance costs all add up.

All things that have to be paid and can’t just be put on ice until paying g punters come through the gates.

9 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Surely the WOSFL committee  must ask the clubs the $64000 question.

Do you wish to play games behind closed doors whilst honouring players contracts?

Failure to do so  is complete negligence on their part.

I’m sure all the clubs were asked that question in the survey that was done last week. It isn’t just fans not being able to attend that will affect this also social clubs not being open for large functions affect clubs income too in some cases and that funding is hard to replace.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I don’t know how true it is but it’s been mentioned that contracts don’t officially start until competitive games are back on. If there’s still no crowds allow in by then, it’s up to the players themselves (and their conscience) whether they are going to demand wages from clubs when it’s a 2nd wage/cash to do a ‘job’ they are supposed to love...

We are all struggling so I can’t see why it would be a huge problem for players to defer payments for a month or 2 until clubs are back on track. Again it’s not ideal but it’s non-league, part time football... any players who would rather let their club die than take a bit of the strain need to take a good look at themselves

It’s not there club mate most are playing at that level for money and harsh reality is if they don’t pay there better players they will go elsewhere 

Don’t know whether to be happy or sad watching the PSG game just now stadium is packed but we cant watch the lowest levels of Scottish football 

4 minutes ago, Derry said:

Don’t know whether to be happy or sad watching the PSG game just now stadium is packed but we cant watch the lowest levels of Scottish football 

Are France letting in more than 5,000 now? Otherwise, not sure you can call about 10% of the Parc de Princes packed.