A way they could get around the 38 game programme for the Premier would perhaps be to split the league into A & B for this season, and do a seeded 18 game programme. I know I know "can't have conferences at tier 6 blah blah" but lets be honest, the 38 games is a non starter.

58 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

I think we are reaching the stage now were they need to just come out and tell us football is done until next year. There's simply too many obstacles in the way of grassroots football to get started and up and running again.

I wonder why there isn't the appetite from the government to get football back? Is it any less safe than a crowded bus, train or pub?? Is it perhaps because there isn't any financial benefit to them??  There might be a mental health bill to pay if tbey don't step in and assist ....

Just now, DanMan said:

I wonder why there isn't the appetite from the government to get football back? Is it any less safe than a crowded bus, train or pub?? Is it perhaps because there isn't any financial benefit to them??  There might be a mental health bill to pay if tbey don't step in and assist ....

The income it produces for the government is next to nothing. Alcohol duty though? There's your answer why you can sit in a pub all day but you can't have a kick about with your pals on a Saturday.

12 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

18 games possibly 4/10 relegated and no home games for some, sounds fair :(

And 38 isn't viable with almost 3 mths of season lost already - has to be a middle ground to be found. Maybe in the interim going to 18 next season rather than 16.

Edited by cmontheloknow

10 minutes ago, DanMan said:

They got football back at a professional level.

26 minutes ago, DanMan said:

It's a case of balancing economic and social benefits against risk I guess , and unfortunately that puts non-league football fairly low on the food chain. Opening pubs was a big risk, non-essential shops less so, but there was a distinct economic benefit for large sections of society in as much as there would be major job losses and business closures if they were to stay shut and a social one in as much as there was a much greater perception of progress back to some sort of normality (albeit changed) once they did.

At our level, you'd like to think no-one is making a full-time living out of the game and it isn't anyone's primary source of income at player or management level, and with committee work done on a voluntary basis, the economic impact of it staying shut will be seen as minimal. Likewise, socially it'll be seen as affecting relatively few people in the grand scheme of things so will be low down the list of priorities of things to reopen.

And that's probably why they've brought back the SPFL premiership and are yet to start anything below it...between those 12 clubs probably 80-90% of people in Scotland will have some preference however mild for one of them, which makes those of us who are involved and invested at a much lower level of the game a minority of a minority.

None of the above is meant to indicate that the whole thing isn't a pisser, but unfortunately we are where we are.

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

I'm all for middle ground and some compromises but when you start talking about paperless teamlines and cashless payments the baw is burst.

The teams already have to submit their team lines to the sfa electronically so why is this crazy?

I believe it was mentioned last night with regards to the refs receiving paper teams lines and cash payments.

I said in March when they were discussing setting up the new league that there was no need to rush to get it set up this season they should have taken time to finish last season and get everything in place for next season 21/22 so everybody had time etc to be prepared. After listening to last nights meeting I don’t think we are any further forward and that is not being negative . 2m distancing in changing rooms , showering etc makes it realistically very difficult for us all. No fans in for friendlies etc we are preparing for the season with training and putting all the correct protocols in place and spending money for possibly nothing to show at the end of it . Anybody else think the same. 

Its a total non starter. Clubs should look after long term future and pull out 2020-21.

No leadership here. 

Clubs wasting money on protocols for nothing,  no fans at friendlies, nightmare restrictions for any fan willing to chance any competitive game , most clubs wont meet requirements, shambolic league structure that many don't want and no proper credible alternative thats without the added problem of so many clubs not being be able to play this season. 

Most fans of a certain age wont be risking attending a game this season thats the reality.

A man 60 plus saying to his wife and or family i'm going to the non league football today , all that goes with it that will go down like a lead ballon in most sensible households. 

Edited by rncaa

37 minutes ago, rncaa said:

Its a total non starter. Clubs should look after long term future and pull out 2020-21.

No leadership here. 

Clubs wasting money on protocols for nothing,  no fans at friendlies, nightmare restrictions for any fan willing to chance any competitive game , most clubs wont meet requirements, shambolic league structure that many don't want and no proper credible alternative thats without the added problem of so many clubs not being be able to play this season. 

Most fans of a certain age wont be risking attending a game this season thats the reality.

A man 60 plus saying to his wife and or family i'm going to the non league football today , all that goes with it that will go down like a lead ballon in most sensible households. 

It certainly won't be like that chez moi.

What a pile of nonsense [emoji849]

No leadership here. 

I'm all for middle ground and some compromises but when you start talking about paperless teamlines and cashless payments the baw is burst.
Hardly madness to do something that most other sectors of society are doing anyway. Can see absolutely no reason why either of those would be a bad thing.

You’re kidding on surely.

The cashless payments is in regards to the payment of refs not punters paying in. Even at SPFL level the only part-time club I can re-call doing cashless admission is Clyde who iirc are cashless only.