9 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

The news got me thinking. How do leagues manage if local lockdowns start to happen?

Hope the weather's awful and games would be postponed anyway :)

In the EoSFL update they were saying they're looking to have plans in place for a contingency. I'm sure the same will be true for the WoSFL.

The Highland League went the half-season route knowing they should be able to complete that in the time allowed. Doubt they could afford Aberdeen going into another lockdown with all the other considerations they have to factor in.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hope the weather's awful and games would be postponed anyway :)

In the EoSFL update they were saying they're looking to have plans in place for a contingency. I'm sure the same will be true for the WoSFL.

The Highland League went the half-season route knowing they should be able to complete that in the time allowed. Doubt they could afford Aberdeen going into another lockdown with all the other considerations they have to factor in.

Thanks for the info

I think the half season seems most sensible option as these outbreaks could happen regularly in different areas

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A lot of the restrictions we have now are about stopping hypochondriacs from flipping their lids in huge numbers as much as anything else as that means losing votes at the next election. It isn't being driven by rationality a lot of the time. 

Really.  Please name all those absurd restrictions which are doing nothing.

13 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

Thanks for the info

I think the half season seems most sensible option as these outbreaks could happen regularly in different areas

Don't know how much these new restrictions will see them rethink things a little. Wouldn't surprise me if they stick with the full season plan and the contingency idea is to use any lockdown period to pivot to a half season.

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

You're a weirdo, go away please. 

I'm not sure what I've posted to offend you and why you are trying to start an online fight so I'll put you on ignore and you can go on shouting at various randoms online in an attempt to make yourself look like a big man. Instead you are coming across as aliquis qui indoctior.

Cheerybye wee man!

Edited by Junior Pub League

2 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

Glasgow lockdown  (but pubs are to remain open)

You are welcome

Two points.

1. The virus is spreading most in household situations.  Track and trace makes this rather easy to confirm.

2. It’s the simplest and least damaging step to make.  If it isn’t effective, then pubs, gyms, etc will follow.

The beauty of this situation is that if the number drops, I’ll be correct and you can apologise, and if they don’t, then it wasn’t effective enough on it’s own, and you still won’t be correct.

Also, holding the position that the restrictions are ineffective/pointless whilst arguing that it’s a “lockdown” is a remarkable pursuit of outrageous logic.  Lots of points for taking on that fight.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

3 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Two points.

1. The virus is spreading most in household situations.  Track and trace makes this rather easy to confirm.

2. It’s the simplest and least damaging step to make.  If it isn’t effective, then pubs, gyms, etc will follow.

The beauty of this situation is that if the number drops, I’ll be correct and you can apologise, and if they don’t, then it wasn’t effective enough on it’s own, and you still won’t be correct.

Also, holding the position that the restrictions are ineffective/pointless whilst arguing that it’s a “lockdown” is a remarkable pursuit of outrageous logic.  Lots of points for taking on that fight.

Point 1. Does your home have track and trace?  Supermarket?  Local Greggs?  Park?  Bookies?  Bingo hall?   How do you have the faintest idea how/where folk have become infected?

2.  A citywide lockdown for an infection increase of 0.08% is the simplest and "least damaging" step you think could be taken?  

Explain whats the outrageous logic?  Feel free to take the points you feel you will get