1 minute ago, Junior Pub League said:

You do seem blinkered by a hatred of the seniors, time to leave the past behind and embrace the future m59

You’re wrong. I just want people who know what they’re doing in charge. 

And are you not a bit old to be doing the m59 thing?

Edited by jimbaxters

The people in charge know fine well what they're doing, they've been successfully running the Lowland League for the past few years.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The people in charge know fine well what they're doing, they've been successfully running the Lowland League for the past few years.

Good. Although that was one league whereas now it’s a much bigger remit. Apples and oranges. Hope you’re right.

Running a league with less than 20 teams full of absolute dross for years covering mostly boys  clubs,  university teams,  glorified amateur east sides and the like has no relevance to running a set up with 64 semi pro junior teams.

The experience needed to do this is nowhere to be seen and its extremely worrying and that plays out from what i've been told by different individuals at clubs in recent times. 

They know nobody and nobody at the clubs knows them except the odd committee man from junior clubs taking part in zoom calls. 

This restart isn't happening for clubs at this level till the new year thats been obvious from the word go

Even before the top flight in the football league got started again and the f**k ups began which we will only see more of until football at the top level stopped here till january. 

Beyond sorting out a fixture list, something the LL was doing more professionally than the west region until very recent seasons, what's supposed to be so challenging? The SFA handles issues like player registration, referee appointments and player discipline at tier 6 level, so there actually isn't all that much involved in logistical terms.

8 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

They are only provisional friendlies, what's the problem with trying to be organised? They are treating adults like naughty schoolboys. 

They have asked clubs to stop advertising and publishing dates for games which may not take place.

Imagine having a go at the West of Scotland folk for not knowing what they're doing, while defending the SJFA, who for years have been nothing more than a bumbling gaggle of self-serving buffoons* who ran the "grade" into the ground to such an extent that the only option was to bail.

*Note to acknowledge that there were some good people involved in its running, but it was a shit show.

No Covid will probably never be gone but life needs to get back to some sort of normality.

Are English non league players getting tested ?

This week's events passed you by? Has covid gone? We now able to test players?

And you know that for certain?

Have you seen the hoops that the SPFL are having to jump through withe regards to changing facilities 
We ain’t starting anytime soon … … especially if a certain team continues to act  like  Billy Big Baws 

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

And you know that for certain?

No and neither does anyone else for that matter.

As I say just look at what SPFL have been  required to put in place regarding in respect of changing rooms ……

not going to change anytime soon  and no chance of being implemented in our grade

How are English non league teams managing to play then?
You just said no chance of playing anytime soon and then you dont know for certain [emoji848]

No and neither does anyone else for that matter.
As I say just look at what SPFL have been  required to put in place regarding in respect of changing rooms ……
not going to change anytime soon  and no chance of being implemented in our grade

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:

How are English non league teams managing to play then?
You just said no chance of playing anytime soon and then you dont know for certain emoji848.png

Aye right … … … Have you seen what they have to do

Clubs, players, coaches, match officials, league officials, volunteers, parents/carers, spectators and football facility providers should read our full guidelines, which are accessible below, in addition to the latest Government guidance on COVID-19.

A return to competitive football should only happen once clubs and facility providers have completed the necessary risk assessments and comprehensive plans are in place. 

A summary of key points to consider from our guidelines are listed for ease below:

• Everyone should self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms before every training session or match. If you are symptomatic or living in a household with possible or actual COVID-19 infection you must not participate or attend; 

• Clubs and facility providers should ensure that their facility is compliant with current Government legislation and guidance related to COVID-19; 

• Competitive training is now permitted, with groups limited to a maximum of 30 people, including coaches; 

• Competitive match play is permitted, with social distancing in place before and after the match, and in any breaks in play; 

• Players and officials should sanitise hands before and after a game as well as scheduled breaks throughout a game or training session; 

• Ball handling should be kept to a minimum with most contact via a boot and the ball disinfected in breaks of play; 

• Youth football coaches are encouraged to limit persistent close proximity of participants during match play and training; 

• Goal celebrations should be avoided; 

• Equipment should not be shared, and goalkeepers should ensure they disinfect their gloves regularly in breaks in training or matches and thoroughly afterwards. Where possible, coaches should only handle equipment in training;

• Where possible, players, coaches and officials should arrive changed and shower at home. Use of changing and shower facilities must follow government advice on the use of indoor facilities; 

• Participants should follow best practice for travel including minimising use of public transport and walking or cycling if possible. People from a household or support bubble can travel together in a vehicle

• Clubs should keep a record of attendees at a match or training session, including contact details, to support NHS Test and Trace; 

• Clubs should ensure they are affiliated with their County Football Association.

Yeah loads of guidelines to follow, that's why the FA have hammered clubs for allowing spectators,100+ at some games. Game at Bristol Manor Farm v Bristol Rovers,was played BCD but available to stream for £5. Lots of clubs below step 7 (county lge) have played friendlies, led to believe that players all arrived separately, changed, with the local GFA  and Somerset FA now on their toes watching games, allegedly ☺️

On 12/08/2020 at 07:48, Crazy Feet said:

They are only provisional friendlies, what's the problem with trying to be organised? They are treating adults like naughty schoolboys. 

I have to agree. I’m a ref and there’s been a similar message put on the referee extranet. I’ve not being asked to do any games yet, but if I’m asked to do a friendly on say September 19th, I don’t see what issue is - as long as the provisional dates aren’t pushed back.