Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Tucker was on one of the podcasts and explained it very well in regards to the Talbot, he said it was a health and well being as well as a financial reason, he also said that some  players wanted to play, I suppose they are now the ones out on loan.

Financial being the main one.They got there Scottish cup payments without needing to enter.I am sure they would have entered and played if it was part of getting the payment.Funny how they are now going to play in the Scottish Junior cup I also surmise that any team taking any of there players on loan who are furloughed will have to pay their full wage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bheaten Castard said:

Financial being the main one.They got there Scottish cup payments without needing to enter.I am sure they would have entered and played if it was part of getting the payment.Funny how they are now going to play in the Scottish Junior cup I also surmise that any team taking any of there players on loan who are furloughed will have to pay their full wage.

I would think they are going to play in the cup due to the potential financial rewards again if they win it and they could argue that it is possibly a safer time to play football when the ties are due played due to the vaccine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talbot are not even playing and still they live rent free in the empty nappers on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cumnock,Pollok,Talbot,Glens etc. Sign players the same as any other club.They don't own the signed player.If the player wants a game for whatever reason what club is ever going to stand in their way.Its about doing what is best for all parties.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, happy said:

Cumnock,Pollok,Talbot,Glens etc. Sign players the same as any other club.They don't own the signed player.If the player wants a game for whatever reason what club is ever going to stand in their way.Its about doing what is best for all parties.

 

These player will be receiving furlough payments and if the club allows them to go on loan furlough will stop.The club will have to start paying them as per contract unless they agree to terminate it.Any club taking them on loan will have to pay there wages in full 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players will only be on furlough if it’s there permanent job if they work in a supermarket that’s been open during the pandemic they will most certainly not be payed from the government furlough scheme for not playing football as a hobby/pastime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

These player will be receiving furlough payments and if the club allows them to go on loan furlough will stop.

I suggest you look at the furlough rules. Furlough is to stop you being made redundant by your Employer. You can work for another Employer during the time you are on furlough. Look at the amount of people that too up working in supermarkets or delivery drivers during the first lockdown.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-being-furloughed-if-you-cant-work/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yogi said:

The players will only be on furlough if it’s there permanent job if they work in a supermarket that’s been open during the pandemic they will most certainly not be payed from the government furlough scheme for not playing football as a hobby/pastime

Yes they are .If you have two jobs you can still be furloughed from one .They are only playing football as hobby/ pastime if they are not being payed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yogi said:

The players will only be on furlough if it’s there permanent job if they work in a supermarket that’s been open during the pandemic they will most certainly not be payed from the government furlough scheme for not playing football as a hobby/pastime

Again, another person that should look at the furlough rules. Anyone that was on an RTI submission before a certain date (19 March 2020) can be put on furlough. Doesn't matter if you're full time or part time.

EDIT : Furlough isn't a benefit paid via an Employer. It is paid by the Employer to avoid making an Employee redundant.

Edited by theesel1994

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I suggest you look at the furlough rules. Furlough is to stop you being made redundant by your Employer. You can work for another Employer during the time you are on furlough. Look at the amount of people that too up working in supermarkets or delivery drivers during the first lockdown.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-being-furloughed-if-you-cant-work/

They will still be contracted to there club and will be classed as working for them even though they are playing elsewhere unless the club agrees to let them go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I suggest you look at the furlough rules. Furlough is to stop you being made redundant by your Employer. You can work for another Employer during the time you are on furlough. Look at the amount of people that too up working in supermarkets or delivery drivers during the first lockdown.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-being-furloughed-if-you-cant-work/

Agreed but only if there paying the tax and insurance on that payment and not receiving it in a brown envelope or via expenses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

I suggest you look at the furlough rules. Furlough is to stop you being made redundant by your Employer. You can work for another Employer during the time you are on furlough. Look at the amount of people that too up working in supermarkets or delivery drivers during the first lockdown.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-being-furloughed-if-you-cant-work/

Players on loan are effectively contractors.  The parent club is providing the services of one of their employees.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Players on loan are effectively contractors.  The parent club is providing the services of one of their employees.  

Are they generating an income for the parent club? That's the determining factor. If you take a Director of a company........he could be furloughed by that company but still do some type of work while on furlough (like paint the windows of a shop) as long as it didn't generate an income for the company. I've had eight months of looking through CJRS rules. Even yesterday I was having to look through them again as people returned to furlough and found that despite the Living Wage increase in April they were still getting paid based on the old furlough rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theesel1994 said:

Are they generating an income for the parent club? That's the determining factor. If you take a Director of a company........he could be furloughed by that company but still do some type of work while on furlough (like paint the windows of a shop) as long as it didn't generate an income for the company. I've had eight months of looking through CJRS rules. Even yesterday I was having to look through them again as people returned to furlough and found that despite the Living Wage increase in April they were still getting paid based on the old furlough rate.

Well presumably the club loaning in the player will be paying the parent club,  so yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Well presumably the club loaning in the player will be paying the parent club,  so yes.

And you know this is happening and it isn't simply a case of the club he loaned out to now taking over the paying of wages to the player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said.It is all about doing what is best for all parties, particularly under the current circumstances.If there is any jiggerypokery well hell mend them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

And you know this is happening and it isn't simply a case of the club he loaned out to now taking over the paying of wages to the player?

Because that’s how loans work.  Skyline drifter has explained that before.    Clubs don’t take on a players wages in a loan. They pay the parent club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Because that’s how loans work.  Skyline drifter has explained that before.    Clubs don’t take on a players wages in a loan. They pay the parent club.


It can be done either way. I have been involved in loaning players to clubs and bringing players in on loan (both from and to SPFL clubs) and some have wanted payment to the parent club and others have wanted the club to take over the payments of the players. We always did it so that the club just paid the player as it removes issues around VAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

These player will be receiving furlough payments and if the club allows them to go on loan furlough will stop.The club will have to start paying them as per contract unless they agree to terminate it.Any club taking them on loan will have to pay there wages in full 

Will they? Is that an SFA rule?

If not, it's surely a matter for negotiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will they? Is that an SFA rule?
If not, it's surely a matter for negotiation.


It is a negotiation you don’t have to pay wages in full and as I said above you don’t need to pay the wages at all just an agreed fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...