Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

It is entirely true that some miracle might occur and covid vanishes within the next ferw months to a level that allows some fans to come back. If that happens, superb! The clubs that are sitting out can awaken from hibernation and resume playing friendlies.

I like the way the North Juniors are doing it - giving clubs the option to opt out of a league cup until new year, then starting regional league football in January. That is absolute common sense. The WoS gave clubs the option to delay the start of the season. Most of those sitting out now wished to do just that - Pollok's statement for one said if a delay was back on the table we'd be listening. The 30+ who wished for it were denied that option by a relatively small margin - as we know with recent political votes, the closer it is, the tougher it is for the losing side to take.

Anyway, the die has been cast and on we go. I wish all those kicking off today a safe season.

Very well put, the fact that over 30 voted for a delay has been lost in all the sniping

Anyway the very best of luck to all going ahead, especially Kenny his heid must be bursting already and a few postponements today won't help.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

The leadership from the WoSFL has been a disaster from day one.

I disagree this is only my opinion for what it is worth. We have never been confronted with a health situation like this. The uncertainty from week to week has plagued everybody connected with football  ( Forgive the pun)   The interim committee have let the clubs make all the decisions regarding the league. So why do you think they have been a disaster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think Boris Johnson actually missed a trick here …… whoever was able to persuade the SG that teams the likes of Ardeer Recreation,Forth Wanders, Glasgow Perthshire should be considered PROFESSIONAL should have been in his Brexit negotiating team.

The above statement is in no way a slight to any of the hard working committee of these teams, could probably mention another 40 or so clubs who come nowhere near PROFESSIONAL status. Anyone who thinks teams at this level are PROFESSIONAL need to have a reality check. 

Edited by Lobby Dossar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Think Boris Johnson actually missed a trick here …… whoever was able to persuade the SG that teams the likes of Ardeer Recreation,Forth Wanders, Glasgow Perthshire should be considered PROFESSIONAL should have been in his Brexit negotiating team.

The above statement is in no way a slight to any of the hard working committee of these teams, could probably mention another 40 or so clubs who come nowhere near PROFESSIONAL status. Anyone who thinks teams at this level are PROFESSIONAL need to have a reality check. 

Probably gonna suffer a backlash here but maybe I'm thinking wrongly.
but if any team pays players, part time or full time are they not considered professional or part time professional team

Are some teams run at a high standard and are some teams run at a low standard, yes of course so but if they still pay players then yes, they are classed as professional, either full time or part time.

Another post above. about changing out in the rain.
The players MUST receive their strips earlier and come to the game changed in the strip and then leave in the strip.  I would expect and hope some teams let the players change their clothes in the stand / cover when they head for home but unsure if that's part of the rules

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Probably gonna suffer a backlash here but maybe I'm thinking wrongly.
but if any team pays players, part time or full time are they not considered professional or part time professional team

Are some teams run at a high standard and are some teams run at a low standard, yes of course so but if they still pay players then yes, they are classed as professional, either full time or part time.

Another post above. about changing out in the rain.
The players MUST receive their strips earlier and come to the game changed in the strip and then leave in the strip.  I would expect and hope some teams let the players change their clothes in the stand / cover when they head for home but unsure if that's part of the rules

 

Aye the driving rain will just say canny go in there as the players clothes are there.

Ive been in many a covered enclosure and still ended up soaked through while watching a game in driving rain (depends on which way winds blowing)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Surely there going to take changing facilities into account canny have players changing outdoors in wind and driving rain !!!!

 

 

I remember a few years ago Kilsyth got a game off against Darvel cause they had no hot water 🤔

now teams happy to play every week throughout the winter without it 

 

doesn’t add up at all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Aye the driving rain will just say canny go in there as the players clothes are there.

Ive been in many a covered enclosure and still ended up soaked through while watching a game in driving rain (depends on which way winds blowing)

Yeah agreed with you.  I'm just saying what the rules are.  its shite. The rules have feck all to do with the WOSFL, its hitting every other team and association.
I've been reading that a few  few teams in the East have allowed some of the away players to use the changing rooms.

I'm hopefully that something can be arranged if football is allowed to continue during the pandemic. Arranged as in changing rooms eventually being allowed under certain strict rules and hopefully fans being allowed in under certain strict rules, again, not just with the WOSFL but throughout the country and all associations

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Probably gonna suffer a backlash here but maybe I'm thinking wrongly.
but if any team pays players, part time or full time are they not considered professional or part time professional team

Are some teams run at a high standard and are some teams run at a low standard, yes of course so but if they still pay players then yes, they are classed as professional, either full time or part time.

Another post above. about changing out in the rain.
The players MUST receive their strips earlier and come to the game changed in the strip and then leave in the strip.  I would expect and hope some teams let the players change their clothes in the stand / cover when they head for home but unsure if that's part of the rules

 

At the majority of clubs some players might get a signing on fee if their lucky and then get paid expenses. Does that make them professional???

As I say take a reality check, a lot of these teams play in small towns and villages and are kept alive by the community that’s where I find it hard to understand the decision to play on with no fans. Yes I think quite a few were hoping fans would be back in soon, but after statements yesterday this ain’t going to happen. 
 

Think a lot will reconsider their position before 14th November 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

At the majority of clubs some players might get a signing on fee if their lucky and then get paid expenses. Does that make them professional???

As I say take a reality check, a lot of these teams play in small towns and villages and are kept alive by the community that’s where I find it hard to understand the decision to play on with no fans. Yes I think quite a few were hoping fans would be back in soon, but after statements yesterday this ain’t going to happen. 
 

Think a lot will reconsider their position before 14th November 

You will be lucky to get a game played before nov 14th with the Scottish weather 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Think Boris Johnson actually missed a trick here …… whoever was able to persuade the SG that teams the likes of Ardeer Recreation,Forth Wanders, Glasgow Perthshire should be considered PROFESSIONAL should have been in his Brexit negotiating team.

The above statement is in no way a slight to any of the hard working committee of these teams, could probably mention another 40 or so clubs who come nowhere near PROFESSIONAL status. Anyone who thinks teams at this level are PROFESSIONAL need to have a reality check. 

Ardeer Recreation are definitely unlikely to play today but I get your point!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...