7 minutes ago, Sgc said:

I saw recently how long it took extremely fit 16 year olds to get match fit , surely men in their 20 s and thirties will be at a massive disadvantage next season if they have not trained to the same levels or played actual matches ? 

As an extremely unfit 47 year old I would have no clue how difficult it would be to get fit, I would think players would keep themselves ticking over though.

8 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

As an extremely unfit 47 year old I would have no clue how difficult it would be to get fit, I would think players would keep themselves ticking over though.

Ha 😃, your not that unfit 😀. Be interesting how the bookies price it up next year as I doubt complete teams can miss a whole year then be competitive the next year . They may off course sign new players or play youth players who are still playing ? 

3 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Sorry in advance as I'm sure that this information is available somewhere but has Talbot commented of wether they will ( or are they even allowed to ) compete in last seasons Scottish Cup of its gets completed

Yes all the remaining clubs have agreed to compete in the competition. I believe they are hoping it will be played around March/April time 

On 29/12/2020 at 16:06, Blackie Gold said:

Wee Nick is telling us to be more or less hermits over the festive's while bangers are travelling around the West playing football in front of no fans. What the feck has this world come to.

@atfc1909 are delighted to announce that Andy Leishman @andrewleishman1 has signed an extended contract with the club. Andy will go out on loan to BSC Glasgow till 31 January 2021.

I widnae be calling big Leishman a banger to his face BG

image.jpeg

Edited by holmparkheroes

10 minutes ago, holmparkheroes said:

@atfc1909 are delighted to announce that Andy Leishman @andrewleishman1 has signed an extended contract with the club. Andy will go out on loan to BSC Glasgow till 31 January 2021.

I widnae be calling big Leishman a banger to his face BG

image.jpeg

I'd smash his fists in with my face.

Surely if teams who aren't competing this season are also not training as that wouldn't be in the best interests of players and committees health or well being the same reason for not playing also sending players out on loan isn't looking after the player like stated 

Down here in Bristol (tier 3) we've had games still going on, with max crowds of 150. All contact details taken etc, other leagues looking at a Jan 16 return.  My honest opinion says shut down until February, then maybe return if players get tested - would be great to have say a £30 test, so you can keep playing. 

7 hours ago, Ped said:

Surely if teams who aren't competing this season are also not training as that wouldn't be in the best interests of players and committees health or well being the same reason for not playing also sending players out on loan isn't looking after the player like stated 

Tucker was on one of the podcasts and explained it very well in regards to the Talbot, he said it was a health and well being as well as a financial reason, he also said that some  players wanted to play, I suppose they are now the ones out on loan.

22 hours ago, Ped said:

clearly some players will want to play. they're adults and  the duty of care passes to the loan club. 

15 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Tucker was on one of the podcasts and explained it very well in regards to the Talbot, he said it was a health and well being as well as a financial reason, he also said that some  players wanted to play, I suppose they are now the ones out on loan.

Financial being the main one.They got there Scottish cup payments without needing to enter.I am sure they would have entered and played if it was part of getting the payment.Funny how they are now going to play in the Scottish Junior cup I also surmise that any team taking any of there players on loan who are furloughed will have to pay their full wage.

Just now, Bheaten Castard said:

Financial being the main one.They got there Scottish cup payments without needing to enter.I am sure they would have entered and played if it was part of getting the payment.Funny how they are now going to play in the Scottish Junior cup I also surmise that any team taking any of there players on loan who are furloughed will have to pay their full wage.

I would think they are going to play in the cup due to the potential financial rewards again if they win it and they could argue that it is possibly a safer time to play football when the ties are due played due to the vaccine.

Cumnock,Pollok,Talbot,Glens etc. Sign players the same as any other club.They don't own the signed player.If the player wants a game for whatever reason what club is ever going to stand in their way.Its about doing what is best for all parties.

3 minutes ago, happy said:

Cumnock,Pollok,Talbot,Glens etc. Sign players the same as any other club.They don't own the signed player.If the player wants a game for whatever reason what club is ever going to stand in their way.Its about doing what is best for all parties.

These player will be receiving furlough payments and if the club allows them to go on loan furlough will stop.The club will have to start paying them as per contract unless they agree to terminate it.Any club taking them on loan will have to pay there wages in full 

1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

These player will be receiving furlough payments and if the club allows them to go on loan furlough will stop.

I suggest you look at the furlough rules. Furlough is to stop you being made redundant by your Employer. You can work for another Employer during the time you are on furlough. Look at the amount of people that too up working in supermarkets or delivery drivers during the first lockdown.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-being-furloughed-if-you-cant-work/

1 minute ago, Yogi said:

The players will only be on furlough if it’s there permanent job if they work in a supermarket that’s been open during the pandemic they will most certainly not be payed from the government furlough scheme for not playing football as a hobby/pastime

Yes they are .If you have two jobs you can still be furloughed from one .They are only playing football as hobby/ pastime if they are not being payed 

5 minutes ago, Yogi said:

The players will only be on furlough if it’s there permanent job if they work in a supermarket that’s been open during the pandemic they will most certainly not be payed from the government furlough scheme for not playing football as a hobby/pastime

Again, another person that should look at the furlough rules. Anyone that was on an RTI submission before a certain date (19 March 2020) can be put on furlough. Doesn't matter if you're full time or part time.

EDIT : Furlough isn't a benefit paid via an Employer. It is paid by the Employer to avoid making an Employee redundant.

Edited by theesel1994