4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What a brass neck on the man. Taking a job during the pandemic, then two weeks later claiming that he doesn't feel safe. Maybe don't take the job then?

He is a Disrupter hired to find a way to save his new club from relegation - any way!

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What a brass neck on the man. Taking a job during the pandemic, then two weeks later claiming that he doesn't feel safe. Maybe don't take the job then?

Pretty much, it's an odd thing to come out with when you've just taken the job.

it's no coincidence that all the people on here ranting on about stopping league's are fans off clubs who have decided to take a season out ?
Now I have no problem with any team taking the season out or playing on ,that was up to each individual club on whatever grounds ,health ,safety or financial reasons but some off u seem desperate for it all to fall flat on its arse ,the teams are classed as semi professional wether u agree with that or most teams are is debatable for sure but teams were given the choice to play or not ,they made there choice ,and until the medical experts decide that in there opinion it should stop if no longer safe then we'l probably continue
rightly or wrongly ,but don't continue to diss every team giving it a go cos your team ain't ,
getting a bit childish and petty looking .

23 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

it's no coincidence that all the people on here ranting on about stopping league's are fans off clubs who have decided to take a season out ?
Now I have no problem with any team taking the season out or playing on ,that was up to each individual club on whatever grounds ,health ,safety or financial reasons but some off u seem desperate for it all to fall flat on its arse ,the teams are classed as semi professional wether u agree with that or most teams are is debatable for sure but teams were given the choice to play or not ,they made there choice ,and until the medical experts decide that in there opinion it should stop if no longer safe then we'l probably continue
rightly or wrongly ,but don't continue to diss every team giving it a go cos your team ain't ,

Rightly or wrongly? Really? Hardly an adult way to approach this. 

Its got nothing to do with which team someone is a fan of, although I’m pleased mine has had the sense not to play. The country is in a state of near shutdown but you can keep looking for your teams score on a Saturday afternoon.

Rightly or wrongly? Really? Hardly an adult way to approach this. 
Its got nothing to do with which team someone is a fan of, although I’m pleased mine has had the sense not to play. The country is in a state of near shutdown but you can keep looking for your teams score on a Saturday afternoon.
rightly or wrongly is me asking the question? I'm not a medical expert, neither are you ?
ive already said ive no problem with any team having a season out ,time will tell wether they were right to even have a season but after been giving the choice to play or not ,If you start the season you can only keep playing till the relevant people say u have to stop ?

15 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

rightly or wrongly is me asking the question? I'm not a medical expert, neither are you ?
ive already said ive no problem with any team having a season out ,time will tell wether they were right to even have a season but after been giving the choice to play or not ,If you start the season you can only keep playing till the relevant people say u have to stop ?

Don’t buy that. Glensmad has said the IMG would listen to clubs if they have concerns. Although this is shirking responsibility, it shows the clubs could get it stopped if they wanted. The clubs saying they’re waiting for the IMG and the IMG waiting for the SFA/ scientists to say. 

The point is that with the exception of Clydebank/Darvel/Kilwinning there is no promotion/relegation. It’s just a hobby to keep ticking over to next season. Again, morally wrong.

5 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Well that’s all you usually do as you admit yourself your an armchair fan

Plus some of your players are out on loan to other teams who decided to play on

Why you making it about me or Talbot? If you know my situation properly then you’ll know that’s a silly statement. 

Edited by jimbaxters

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Unless I'm missing someone every other league under the professional exemption are continuing to play games right now. That's the pyramid leagues, juniors and NCL.

Yet it only seems to be the West's committee that gets called out for playing this season. 

Again, this is the WoSFL thread. Why would anyone call out any other league’s committee on here?

Fair play to everyone bashing on. 

The IMG have made it clear its up to the clubs and therefore every chance in seeing the season out but might be difficult making the deadline for playoffs if bad weather in new year. 

Only an issue if Bankies Darvel Medda or Glen's are champions. 

Don’t buy that. Glensmad has said the IMG would listen to clubs if they have concerns. Although this is shirking responsibility, it shows the clubs could get it stopped if they wanted. The clubs saying they’re waiting for the IMG and the IMG waiting for the SFA/ scientists to say. 
The point is that with the exception of Clydebank/Darvel/Kilwinning there is no promotion/relegation. It’s just a hobby to keep ticking over to next season. Again, morally wrong.
well there's obviously not been loads of clubs with concerns or something would have been discussed by now surely then ?

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Again, this is the WoSFL thread. Why would anyone call out any other league’s committee on here?

The EoSFL has its own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committee for playing.

The SoSFL has its own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committee for playing.

The LL has its own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committee for playing.

The Juniors have their own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committees for playing.

The HL & NCL have their own forum on here and greater presence on FN, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committees for playing.

It's only here on the WoSFL forum that largely call out the league's committee for playing. Usually from fans of clubs not participating in the season. And if you're truly of the opinion that football should be stopped for moral reasons, it's easy enough to say all football should be stopped even if it is only being said in the WoSFL forum.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The EoSFL has its own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committee for playing.

The SoSFL has its own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committee for playing.

The LL has its own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committee for playing.

The Juniors have their own forum on here, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committees for playing.

The HL & NCL have their own forum on here and greater presence on FN, it's own clubs, and it's own fans. I don't see anyone calling out their committees for playing.

It's only here on the WoSFL forum that largely call out the league's committee for playing. Usually from fans of clubs not participating in the season. And if you're truly of the opinion that football should be stopped for moral reasons, it's easy enough to say all football should be stopped even if it is only being said in the WoSFL forum.

Good for them. Everyone below SPL should be stopping as they are not subject to tests. But since the area of football I am most interested in is now the WoSFL, then I will express my opinion here. 

One thing maybe you can answer though. Do all the other leagues you have mentioned still have promotion/relegation throughout all their divisions this season?

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Do the players off the clubs taking a year out still train too  an  intense level too maintain their high fitness levels ? They will surely be at a disadvantage next year after taking a year out ? 

20 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

One thing maybe you can answer though. Do all the other leagues you have mentioned still have promotion/relegation throughout all their divisions this season?

No promotion or relegation in the NCL or East Region. North Region has no promotion or relegation, they even came up with a one season solution so that they could play this season. Despite nothing to play for. The South of Scotland & HL are in the same spot as the WoS Premier in that there's a chance of promotion for their champion club but no relegation.

It's only the LL and EoS that have promotion and relegation. In the LL case there was a chance of no relegation up until near enough Christmas when the option was withdrawn.

10 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Do the players off the clubs taking a year out still train too  an  intense level too maintain their high fitness levels ? They will surely be at a disadvantage next year after taking a year out ? 

I believe there are players furloughed, if they were at an official training session I think that would constitute working, that is against the law.

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I believe there are players furloughed, if they were at an official training session I think that would constitute working, that is against the law.

I saw recently how long it took extremely fit 16 year olds to get match fit , surely men in their 20 s and thirties will be at a massive disadvantage next season if they have not trained to the same levels or played actual matches ?