All dependent on the supply of the vaccine and efficiency of the process, Few vacancies getting advertised for positions within the mass vaccination programme so presume the Oxford one is getting passed ok. Add in the 6 weeks / 2 months whatever for the double dosage to kick in properly. The current rate is about 250k per week UK wide getting first dosage and with Approx 25 million to receive it shows the mountain of folk to get through. Good luck to them. 

Heard the new variant is being found around Europe now, rather than an assault on the Cockney sort. The Contagion thing on CNN is interesting viewing. Even with enough vaccines Inthe freezer, gonna take months for a double dose to be administered in the UK. Does everyone think fans will get back in this season ?  Am growing more pessimistic myself. 

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Heard the new variant is being found around Europe now, rather than an assault on the Cockney sort. The Contagion thing on CNN is interesting viewing. Even with enough vaccines Inthe freezer, gonna take months for a double dose to be administered in the UK. Does everyone think fans will get back in this season ?  Am growing more pessimistic myself. 

Who can tell? I expect things will get worse over the next couple of months before they gradually start getting better - I'd like to think we'd be able to admit home ST holders at the very least before the end of the current season providing a club is able to prove it's taking all necessary protocols and that they're able to provide contact details for everyone present for the purposes of T,T&T.

If you're talking specifically about the groundhopping side of things...being able to pick a random game anywhere in the country and attend it with no prior arrangement or contact with the home club, my gut feeling is we'll be looking at next season before that's feasible...maybe even a fair bit into it.

I really doubt there will be fans back at games this season. Realistically there’s five and a bit months to go and the rate of infection is heading upwards. Given that is my thought I’d like to pose a question. There is now an ever increasing number of positive tests among lower league teams UK wide, causing fixture backlogs and other logistical problems. Given at this level players also work and as a result are likely to be at an increased level of infection is there a point when the league bosses will need to say enough is enough? In balance COVID hasn’t been a major reason for games off here but I think it will be in the very near future hence why I thought I’d ask people’s opinions.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

One of these things would be happening indoors and is high risk in transmission terms, while the other happens outdoors and is very low risk if regulations are followed properly.

I think I would rather take my chance with my family than 50 folk who I know nothing about.

18 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Load of shite. Semi-Pro has slipped under the radar. A new virus, the NHS on its knees, cases peaking above the first wave. It's about time the football fraternity took the law into their own hands and shut up shop.

If the SFA had to argue to get the non-leagues recognised as professional. Then they certainly didn't slip under the radar.

Load of shite. Semi-Pro has slipped under the radar. A new virus, the NHS on its knees, cases peaking above the first wave. It's about time the football fraternity took the law into their own hands and shut up shop.
The semi-pro leagues were all represented at the meeting with the Scottish Government, Sport Scotland and the Scottish FA which decided who would be allowed to play. They hardly slipped under the radar.

You are entitled to your opinion and to make that opinion known, but until the scientists and the authorities say we shouldn't play then we'll carry on. They know what they're talking about after all.

On 28/12/2020 at 19:54, Hillonearth said:

Who can tell? I expect things will get worse over the next couple of months before they gradually start getting better - I'd like to think we'd be able to admit home ST holders at the very least before the end of the current season providing a club is able to prove it's taking all necessary protocols and that they're able to provide contact details for everyone present for the purposes of T,T&T.

If you're talking specifically about the groundhopping side of things...being able to pick a random game anywhere in the country and attend it with no prior arrangement or contact with the home club, my gut feeling is we'll be looking at next season before that's feasible...maybe even a fair bit into it.

Glasgow in Tier 1? Really?

25 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

My original response was to someone who was looking for an answer as to when his hobby of groundhopping will be able to resume as before. I was - I thought clearly - representing an aspiration rather than an expectation of a best-case scenario which would see a limited return of readily contactable home ST holders closer to the end of the season, but with the prospect of being able to rock up at a random game and being admitted a good bit down the line from there.

I genuinely don't know how the situation will progress, which if nothing else puts me ahead of some of the amateur epidemiologists on here.

9 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

The initial one shot strategy described to get as many at-risk people immunised as quickly as possible will hugely ramp up the pace of vaccination over the next few weeks. It starts working after the first jag and the second one is a booster shot for longer term immunity.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Sticking with WoSFL, the whole thing is now a pantomime. The news getting worse every day, the country being told to stay in the house for Hogmanay and Nicola Sturgeon getting jumped on (correctly) for forgetting her mask for a minute. Yet the clubs and the IMG are having great fun playing so they're digging their heels in waiting for the scientists to say stop. 

It is now very clearly morally wrong to continue.