When you see the same teams week in, week out with pitches unplayable, you wonder if they might’ve been better taking the year off and sorting out their horrendous pitches 
Week in, week out ? It's only Glencairn's second home postponement of the calendar year.

29 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:
When you see the same teams week in, week out with pitches unplayable, you wonder if they might’ve been better taking the year off and sorting out their horrendous pitches 

Week in, week out ? It's only Glencairn's second home postponement of the calendar year.

Really? You've had two games against Largs postponed. Or do you not count the first one as it was switched before it got postponed? (And then it got postponed at Largs).

Mmm, i make it 7 home postponements since the 4th January.
You are correct, I stupidly forgot that games were played in January to March this year. [emoji1751] But postponements in December, January and February are really not a new invention are they ?

These games are being played in the rainiest, coldest, part of the normal season so, inevitably, there will be more postponements for non-plastic pitches.

The necessary frequency of games, due to the SP's mistaken early season lockdown of Tiers 5, 6 and 7 won't help either. Games will, though, be played when possible and will continue until the end of the season which, inevitably, will be later than is usual for Pyramid leagues.

At least most clubs have chosen to play and to face up to the very real difficulties of doing so. Sadly some on here would prefer no season at all in the hope that the Pyramid leagues will suffer sufficiently to attract clubs back into the virtually defunct abysmally run Junior set-up.

Having said that it is good to see that all Pyramid clubs will be receiving some financial aid before too long, whether or not they've gone into abeyance.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

These games are being played in the rainiest, coldest, part of the normal season so, inevitably, there will be more postponements for non-plastic pitches.

The necessary frequency of games, due to the SP's mistaken early season lockdown of Tiers 5, 6 and 7 won't help either. Games will, though, be played when possible and will continue until the end of the season which, inevitably, will be later than is usual for Pyramid leagues.

At least most clubs have chosen to play and to face up to the very real difficulties of doing so. Sadly some on here would prefer no season at all in the hope that the Pyramid leagues will suffer sufficiently to attract clubs back into the virtually defunct abysmally run Junior set-up.

Having said that it is good to see that all Pyramid clubs will be receiving some financial aid before too long, whether or not they've gone into abeyance.

it there even a grain of evidence of the bit in bold? it reads like the paranoid ramblings of an absolute heidcase to be honest. 

As far as I can see people have perfectly legitimate concerns around the financial sense of playing with no income and the obvious health aspect of the virus. 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

it there even a grain of evidence of the bit in bold? it reads like the paranoid ramblings of an absolute heidcase to be honest. 

As far as I can see people have perfectly legitimate concerns around the financial sense of playing with no income and the obvious health aspect of the virus. 

It's an opinion that may not agree with yours! No need to get heidcasey.

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Nah don't believe any of the clubs in abeyance are hoping for the pyramid to fail. My own club were no happy about the no fans aspect along with asking/expecting players to play for fun having already agreed contracts never mind the health of players and committee , one has been suffering long term effects from the virus.

Pollok  absolutely down to money and match day safety. I was part of the discussion at our AGM that then went to committee. Not one voice in favour among fans of playing 20-21 and zero to do with the fucking Juniors - all about how a six figure wage bill would get covered.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Couple of things regarding  a few recent posts.

Most teams who withdrew have their official reasons and the real reasons but in general, Finances are the main reason of nearly every team that withdrew and I don't blame them. Health and safety would be next.   

Pollok as an example is a minimum of £3000 a week wage bill, (probably nearing £4000) checking my math's for the 3 grand weekly and that works out at £12,000 a month and that is £144,000 a year.  How the hell would they cover that with no fans and less sponsorship, I do not know,  so withdraw is the perfect solution and at that, they are allowed to come back into the league in the same position next year.

It's common sense for all concerned especially the WOSFL and the LL association as they do not want any West team to fold during these hard times, thus they came up with the withdraw idea. None of us have ever been in such a situation with this pandemic and it was hard enough all the junior teams league the junior league to become senior teams with quite a few not happy about it. We all know the reasons.   The teams that have continued is great as I've been able to watch quite a few streamed games and enjoyed them, so thanks to all

Are there still people unhappy leaving the juniors to join the pyramid/senior league. yes of course there are but it will take a while for this to change, especially when the ones with the attitude are changed over in their respective committees with younger people who have a vision to progress.

In relation to the comment about rather have postponed games than astro pitch is a bit laughable but laughable from my own viewpoint.
Artificial parks do not detract from the standard of play, nearly all teams train on artificial parks and are all fully versed on the surface and how to play on it.
However, I think we are all agreed, grass is preferable, but ffs, we are in Scotland. 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread