3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

£1.35m split amongst the non-league pyramid. Nothing going to the SPFL, Juniors or NCL. If everyone was treated equally it would be just over £8k per club.

Their professional …… they can apply for a loan and pay it back !!! why the feck should the tax payer give money so clubs can give people playing sport as a 2nd job money.

As I say it’s a sport and not these guys main source of income if they want to play the sport then by all means carry on but no way should they be a looking for joe public to bail them out. There’s going to be enough people shortly with no job without throwing money at clubs who will just pish it against the wall paying stupid wages to a lot of very average football players.

45 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Their professional …… they can apply for a loan and pay it back !!! why the feck should the tax payer give money so clubs can give people playing sport as a 2nd job money.

As I say it’s a sport and not these guys main source of income if they want to play the sport then by all means carry on but no way should they be a looking for joe public to bail them out. There’s going to be enough people shortly with no job without throwing money at clubs who will just pish it against the wall paying stupid wages to a lot of very average football players.

Its the National Lottery's charitable arm, not the Government. You'll probably find they've given plenty of funding to football & sport over the years. So its not exactly new. 

You've also jumped straight to paying players, which I doubt will be the main way clubs use the funding. 

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Its the National Lottery's charitable arm, not the Government. You'll probably find they've given plenty of funding to football & sport over the years. So its not exactly new. 

You've also jumped straight to paying players, which I doubt will be the main way clubs use the funding. 

It’s not even the charitable part of the lottery.   This is a commercial deal.

Think in all honesty if  there are grants etc available to clubs, the one statement must apply : this mustn't be used to pay wages. I'm sure it's needed for other areas. (Officials, electric,water bills) Question I'd ask is 'which clubs do we want to save ? ' bet you'll get differing reactions to that.

3 hours ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Tomorrow's water logged treble.

Hurlford,KRR and Rutherglen. 

Another pathetic snidey post from a supporter of a club in kilbirnie who bottled it and decided not to play . The likes of you with no backbone and an arrogant attitude are a joke. 

The likes of you and others at clubs who pulled out for sure expected more to sit a season out,  well you know what they didn't and the vast majority are getting on with things admirably and will soon receive welcome financial support before supporters are let before the season is done. 

Edited by gaswork

14 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

What a utter state to get in. 

Snowflake