13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Entry Level licence which would be good enough to get up to SPFL League One requires:

image.png.312a6698143b38bcdabb7461b33efcca.png

Bronze Level licence which is good enough to get all the way to the SPFL Premiership:

image.png.2d4339c67710ec980c2deca10d866f48.png

Outwith licencing (Tier 6 and below) I don't think there is an official minimum but the likes of EoSFL's entry criteria does stipulate "The playing field shall be in compliance with the laws of the game and must be a minimum of 90m in length and 56m in width" so they look to apply the minimum required by Entry level licencing as well.

Its believed Ashfield would struggle on this criteria due to the way things played out with BSC Glasgow. They had originally been accepted to the Lowland League with Ashfield's ground as their home field, but never actually played there as they quickly moved to Maryhill. The belief being that the speedway at Ashfield would make it unsuitable for licencing standards.

At the time I believe the Ashfield Pitch was narrowed to 50m to allow for track expansion. This meant the pitch wouldn’t pass license criteria. If they haven’t done so already they would definitely need to widen the pitch if they were to go for their license.

8 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

image.thumb.png.426aa2e5e54529dbe58c8e4b7bc51a53.png

100 x 63 yards

Definitely more space from above than it feels whilst being there.  Appreciate the updates on the league rules.

Obviously all pitches have to be compliant with the LotG, but the minimum size under the Laws is absurd, and no serious level could ever be played on it.  Basketball perhaps.

When I first saw the pitch sizes many years ago, I thought the minimum was for youth games - came in handy with my long throw ins !  Can remember watching Bristol Rovers at Eastville while the Bristol speedway was there, and the pitch didn't look wide enough to me. Guessing there's some leeway towards Berwick and Cowden, do clubs ever complain ? 

13 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

When I first saw the pitch sizes many years ago, I thought the minimum was for youth games - came in handy with my long throw ins !  Can remember watching Bristol Rovers at Eastville while the Bristol speedway was there, and the pitch didn't look wide enough to me. Guessing there's some leeway towards Berwick and Cowden, do clubs ever complain ? 

Seriously doubt Bristol Rovers had the sort of problem on pitch width, Ashfield would have if they tried to get licensed:

8142023430_82d81dc51b_z.jpg

ashfield54432.jpg

44 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

90 % know a delay til March was the best option but never managed to get it through due to the conveluted two tier vote fiasco.

If we're talking about question one basically being "Do you want to start on October 24th under the current restrictions?" which went 36- Yes, 31-No. Then you can't really say 90% supported a delay until March.

23 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

You having a giraffe ?

Must be an English thing, can remember clubs moaning about pitch sizes even at amateur levels. Have only seen speedway at Ashfield, and know they keep doing work on the track - so can't recall whether the pitch is narrow. Cracking pic of Eastville with the famous Tote End 💪

Todays daily figure in Scotland is almost half what it was 2 weeks ago, we're back on a slow downward curve.  The UK has flat lined, very slightly down in the last 2 weeks, but not by much.

Hopefully crested the peak of the second wave, and heading downwards towards the end of the month.