4 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Think you need to keep up mate …… already been decided only promotion that may happen is the winner of Premier league being promoted to Lowland league if there licensed.

All the clubs that are not playing slot back into either the Premier league or conference that they abstained from.

This is where I think the decision to play on is a financial disaster for these clubs.

Two things, the winner of the premier league does not get promoted to the Lowland league. The winner is eligible for the playoff between the EOSFL, the SOSFL and the WOSFL, even then as you state, they winner of each league must be licensed to enter the playoff

Agreed that is your view that it will be a financial disaster for these clubs, but you and I and many are not privy to the workings, the financial clout or lack of with these clubs so its mainly guess work by everyone on here. Some people on here might have  a full understanding of a specific club but not all of them.   The decision of the clubs to continue OR not, are there for them to choose.  If some clubs can arrange to play the season without doing themselves and their club harm then great. if clubs think it is dodgy to stay in the league this season then they have the opportunity to oppt out, (a couple of times).
So its really up to each individual club to do their due diligence and make sure all bases are covered based on their decision to stay in the league or withdraw for this season.

At least the WOSFL is giving them an option to stay or withdraw which I think is great.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

Let's hope something meaningful can be worked out:

Have you seen the latest numbers ??

Looks like North/South Lanarkshire going to tier 4   

WOSFL Areas

• South Lanarkshire - 388.4
  • North Lanarkshire - 341.6
  • Glasgow - 322.1
  • East Renfrewshire - 261.7
  • East Dumbartonshire - 261.4
  • North Ayrshire - 251.6
  • East Ayrshire - 240.1
  • Renfrewshire - 223.9
  • West Dumbartonshire - 185.5
  • South Ayrshire  - 166.1
  • Inverclyde - 69.4
  • Dumfries and Galloway - 67.2

And you still think fans are going to be back anytime soon !!!!! 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Two things, the winner of the premier league does not get promoted to the Lowland league. The winner is eligible for the playoff between the EOSFL, the SOSFL and the WOSFL, even then as you state, they winner of each league must be licensed to enter the playoff

That's probably why he said it "may" happen.

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Good stuff

I suppose the key parts for clubs will be meeting some of the changing facilities needs. If I remember right Burnieman mentioned only 8 clubs in the EoSFL are currently using changing rooms at the moment. With the SFA giving an update soon maybe they're relaxing some of the current rules that have been put in place that would make things more manageable for other clubs.

Clubs eligible to participate will be given the option to decline to do so if they decide that they cannot meet the requirements.

Clubs that decline to enter the competition will not be penalised financially and will still receive the bonus payment, equivalent to them being eliminated at the round they would otherwise enter.

All existing participation requirements apply along with the following additional requirements:

• Changing facilities for both teams and match officials must be available and must comply with all relevant COVID legislation and regulations as outlined here. Further detailed information on changing facilities will be published by the Scottish FA within the next few days. Clubs will be required to provide confirmation of approval of their facilities from their respective League prior to their participation in the competition.

• From Round Three onwards, clubs drawn to play against SPFL Premiership teams must comply with the relevant COVID testing regime which applies at that time or as directed by the Scottish FA Board.

• Compliance with the relevant Match day Protocol(s) which the Scottish FA/Joint Response Group considers appropriate and issues at the relevant time.

EDIT: Just looking at the statements on withdrawing by Auchinleck Talbot and Girvan. While Talbot emphasized the financial concerns and lack of changing rooms. Girvan went with player safety and overall health concerns. So I won't be shocked to see Talbot sign up for whatever it takes to be involved, whereas Girvan should be staying in hibernation.

Image may contain: text

Edited by FairWeatherFan

6 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
Good thing from Darvel’s point of view is if they do get promoted and go up into the lowland league the crowds will be the same as this season for 80% of the games in that league emoji2369.png

Am I missing something do darvel have floodlights or anything to fit the licence points if they do sorry but if they dont how can u get it done has quick when other teams have took a few years to get permission etc to get these things in place or is it cause its darvel we will bend the rules I aint beginning funny you have not played in the big leagues for a long time what gives yous the right to even think about the lowland league or spl this year when half the league has gone and even if u did win it how the hell can u get promoted if u dont have things in place unless its already arranged like legal route like u did when u got promoted if I was u I would keep my mouth shut nothing against ambition but you lot take the biscuit to think u will win the league get promoted and get all the work done by what march to get the licence your sitting in la la la land if u do

Don't want to come across as a dick here but your posts are a hard read. Please try and use some punctuation.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If clubs are going to have a pop in public like that, I don't see why he should be expected to have nothing to say in response.

Being in a leadership/ management position requires dignity. Squawking an arsey response on Twitter or this forum doesn't display that.

20 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
Good thing from Darvel’s point of view is if they do get promoted and go up into the lowland league the crowds will be the same as this season for 80% of the games in that league emoji2369.png

Am I missing something do darvel have floodlights or anything to fit the licence points if they do sorry but if they dont how can u get it done has quick when other teams have took a few years to get permission etc to get these things in place or is it cause its darvel we will bend the rules I aint beginning funny you have not played in the big leagues for a long time what gives yous the right to even think about the lowland league or spl this year when half the league has gone and even if u did win it how the hell can u get promoted if u dont have things in place unless its already arranged like legal route like u did when u got promoted if I was u I would keep my mouth shut nothing against ambition but you lot take the biscuit to think u will win the league get promoted and get all the work done by what march to get the licence your sitting in la la la land if u do

5/20 isn't half and it actually makes it easier for them to think about winning the league.

As for licencing it doesn't take years. You can look at clubs that moved across to the EoSFL in 2018 that would ultimately get licenced in by the 2019 SFA AGM. That's even with the requirement for floodlights being dumped on them in December 2018.

Darvel made an announcement during the summer of all the work they're planning to do in order to be licenced for 2021. Doesn't mean it will happen, but its entirely possible.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Being in a leadership/ management position requires dignity. Squawking an arsey response on Twitter or this forum doesn't display that.

AFAIK Kenny is an unpaid volunteer doing a sterling job in an ever changing situation and only replying to squawkers.

Giving teams four weeks grace did seem very fair but  may well be a shot in the foot .

Just a thought on the Dalry statement, how many players/coaches actually start their journey in Dalry?

49 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

The only outstanding piece of work required for licence is floodlights, they should be complete by February’s deadline. All other works have been carried over the last two seasons. 

We have already submitted our license application, and are going through the various stages just now.

That won’t mean we will win league, there are many top teams left in it. We are just happy to be in the premier division. And we got there without legal proceedings, as I’ve said before the clubs voted that the 3 championship clubs should get promoted 

9 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

The only outstanding piece of work required for licence is floodlights, they should be complete by February’s deadline. All other works have been carried over the last two seasons. 

We have already submitted our license application, and are going through the various stages just now.

That won’t mean we will win league, there are many top teams left in it. We are just happy to be in the premier division. And we got there without legal proceedings, as I’ve said before the clubs voted that the 3 championship clubs should get promoted 

Legal proceedings!!!

You mean the WoSFL leaderships arses collapsed.

Also think the winner of our league should get promoted to LL

Mon the papers