Think Boris Johnson actually missed a trick here …… whoever was able to persuade the SG that teams the likes of Ardeer Recreation,Forth Wanders, Glasgow Perthshire should be considered PROFESSIONAL should have been in his Brexit negotiating team.

The above statement is in no way a slight to any of the hard working committee of these teams, could probably mention another 40 or so clubs who come nowhere near PROFESSIONAL status. Anyone who thinks teams at this level are PROFESSIONAL need to have a reality check. 

Edited by Lobby Dossar

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Think Boris Johnson actually missed a trick here …… whoever was able to persuade the SG that teams the likes of Ardeer Recreation,Forth Wanders, Glasgow Perthshire should be considered PROFESSIONAL should have been in his Brexit negotiating team.

The above statement is in no way a slight to any of the hard working committee of these teams, could probably mention another 40 or so clubs who come nowhere near PROFESSIONAL status. Anyone who thinks teams at this level are PROFESSIONAL need to have a reality check. 

Probably gonna suffer a backlash here but maybe I'm thinking wrongly.
but if any team pays players, part time or full time are they not considered professional or part time professional team

Are some teams run at a high standard and are some teams run at a low standard, yes of course so but if they still pay players then yes, they are classed as professional, either full time or part time.

Another post above. about changing out in the rain.
The players MUST receive their strips earlier and come to the game changed in the strip and then leave in the strip.  I would expect and hope some teams let the players change their clothes in the stand / cover when they head for home but unsure if that's part of the rules

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

but if any team pays players, part time or full time are they not considered professional or part time professional team

Are some teams run at a high standard and are some teams run at a low standard, yes of course so but if they still pay players then yes, they are classed as professional, either full time or part time.

The players MUST receive their strips earlier and come to the game changed in the strip and then leave in the strip.  I would expect and hope some teams let the players change their clothes in the stand / cover when they head for home but unsure if that's part of the rules

Aye the driving rain will just say canny go in there as the players clothes are there.

Ive been in many a covered enclosure and still ended up soaked through while watching a game in driving rain (depends on which way winds blowing)

38 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Surely there going to take changing facilities into account canny have players changing outdoors in wind and driving rain !!!!

I remember a few years ago Kilsyth got a game off against Darvel cause they had no hot water 🤔

now teams happy to play every week throughout the winter without it 

doesn’t add up at all 

7 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Aye the driving rain will just say canny go in there as the players clothes are there.

Ive been in many a covered enclosure and still ended up soaked through while watching a game in driving rain (depends on which way winds blowing)

Yeah agreed with you.  I'm just saying what the rules are.  its shite. The rules have feck all to do with the WOSFL, its hitting every other team and association.
I've been reading that a few  few teams in the East have allowed some of the away players to use the changing rooms.

I'm hopefully that something can be arranged if football is allowed to continue during the pandemic. Arranged as in changing rooms eventually being allowed under certain strict rules and hopefully fans being allowed in under certain strict rules, again, not just with the WOSFL but throughout the country and all associations

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

At the majority of clubs some players might get a signing on fee if their lucky and then get paid expenses. Does that make them professional???

As I say take a reality check, a lot of these teams play in small towns and villages and are kept alive by the community that’s where I find it hard to understand the decision to play on with no fans. Yes I think quite a few were hoping fans would be back in soon, but after statements yesterday this ain’t going to happen. 

Think a lot will reconsider their position before 14th November 

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

At the majority of clubs some players might get a signing on fee if their lucky and then get paid expenses. Does that make them professional???

As I say take a reality check, a lot of these teams play in small towns and villages and are kept alive by the community that’s where I find it hard to understand the decision to play on with no fans. Yes I think quite a few were hoping fans would be back in soon, but after statements yesterday this ain’t going to happen. 

Think a lot will reconsider their position before 14th November 

You will be lucky to get a game played before nov 14th with the Scottish weather 

56 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Ardeer Recreation are definitely unlikely to play today but I get your point!

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Already beginning to happen, pretty sure it was mentioned in last weeks interview with the WOS guy in the Daily Record that they had (strict) guidelines to allow players to change indoors (not sure if this had filtered through to clubs yet?), someone else mentioned on here that there were talks ongoing re shuttling players in dressing rooms x amount at a time. Looks like fans will be allowed in when areas (possibly council) hit the new tier one as well. Ok that's a fair bit away from WOS league teams at the moment as most will likely start at tier 3 but some league areas won't be far away from that eg Highland League , SOS league ,North Juniors.

Aye right ah canny go and visit ma mother, brother or sister but bakers, builders and candlestick makers can go indoors in group’s of 6 to get changed !!!

Thats really going to encourage the rest of us to follow the rules 

St Mirren with another game postponed due to Covid, and that’s them being tested regularly, and yet the WoS starting tomorrow with no testing. Can only see it ending in disaster. I’ve a funny feeling the clubs who voted to postpone the season are going to have the last laugh
I certainly won't be laughing, got too many friends at clubs who have decided to play who will have invested a lot of time, effort and money to make that happen. I hope for their sake the season plays out without too many problems.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

WTF are you on about, you're moaning about players not having changing facilities, and when you are told  it is a possibility that players will be allowed to get changed indoors WITHIN THE RULES  then you're still moaning

Whit rules are these …… nobody else seen them as far as I know or are some clubs just making them up as they go along

Have you read the proposed tier guidelines that are about to be implemented.  … … if not I suggest that you do