Chaotic times with everyone getting blamed, clubs in abeyance did the right thing - clubs who play are ' spreading the plague'/black death by all accounts. Can think the only reason to not play would be financially based, can understand that up to a point. Think my biggest argument is watching football v going shopping, cinema, theatre etc - I know where the biggest threat is imo. I know people who have died, but sometimes the fear factor has to be tempered slightly. Good luck to all clubs playing, a gamble I know.

41 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

St Mirren with another game postponed due to Covid, and that’s them being tested regularly, and yet the WoS starting tomorrow with no testing. Can only see it ending in disaster. I’ve a funny feeling the clubs who voted to postpone the season are going to have the last laugh

What do you have in mind by "disaster" on this? Physically fit people in their 20s and early 30s have almost zero chance of dying from COVID-19.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What do you have in mind by "disaster" on this? Physically fit people in their 20s and early 30s have almost zero chance of dying from COVID-19.

Disaster = Financial meltdown, a lot of these clubs are imbedded into the local community and with nothing to play for and playing with no fans present is farcical 

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Full squad at St Mirren self isolating, if that happens at this level, thats two weeks without wages. Some workplaces might be ok with it happening once, but if it happens 3 or 4 times like it has at St Mirren then that could be disastrous for boys jobs 

33 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Disaster = Financial meltdown, a lot of these clubs are imbedded into the local community and with nothing to play for and playing with no fans present is farcical 

We'll see what happens but it sounds like financial support from the two governments may be forthcoming for clubs stuck at level 2 and 3 with closed stadiums. Definitely agree that the no automatic promotion thing is farcical. No idea why the SFA could not have been flexible on that.

32 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Full squad at St Mirren self isolating, if that happens at this level, thats two weeks without wages. Some workplaces might be ok with it happening once, but if it happens 3 or 4 times like it has at St Mirren then that could be disastrous for boys jobs 

Can see where you are coming from but so far when non-league clubs have been told to self-isolate by over-zealous track and trace staff it has been quickly reversed.

It is the person who is tested positive that is shopping all their team mates to over zealous track and tracers. Surely all players just need reminded if they test positive of what the close contact rules actually are. Then they only name the relevant people.

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It is the person who is tested positive that is shopping all their team mates to over zealous track and tracers. Surely all players just need reminded if they test positive of what the close contact rules actually are. Then they only name the relevant people.

And T&T phone the named person up and make a decision based on that info. It got into my workplace and despite a list of names being provided, only a very select few were advised to do the 14 days after that call.

Unless your own experience is different?

What seems to be happening in sports teams is that all team mates are initially advised to self-isolate for 14 days until T&T can establish who needs to actually do it. That was what happened to Forfar - they had to forfeit the Dundee game because there wasn't time for T&T to get it done.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Don't think it's a case of shopping anyone. Isn't it more a case of the players list some of the people and places they would have been in a certain time period. Then the tracers would chase up those individuals or businesses. In which case aren't clubs meant to be keeping a log for track and trace purposes and that would then be what the tracers would work from?

No different than pubs or barbers that keep logs and you say you went for a haircut and a drink afterwards.

Don't think it's a case of shopping anyone. Isn't it more a case of the players list some of the people and places they would have been in a certain time period. Then the tracers would chase up those individuals or businesses. In which case aren't clubs meant to be keeping a log for track and trace purposes and that would then be what the tracers would work from?
No different than pubs or barbers that keep logs and you say you went for a haircut and a drink afterwards.
Club keeps a log of attendance at every session. Tracers, when a player is confirmed positive and says they've been at football, contact the club. R player doesn't provide details of players, the Club is asked to supply a full log of attendance, including contact details, of everyone at a session within last 7 days. Tracers likely to contact coach for overview of session and player for details of which other players they have been in close proximity to during the session (if they can remember), tracers then decide what to do from there, advising the club and the individuals (using the supplied log and context details) who need to isolate, quite possibly changing their minds on several occasions during that process.

To be fair when talbot said they aren't playing i was shocked but when cumnock pollock Glen's etc came out has well I was shocked but in the middle of this pandemic they must know this season is not going to happen and to be fair its a brave decision but the best 1 like a few have said what is the point in this season its going to get cancelled at some point why risk players the team and even loads of familys just to play a game in front of any fans i dont get it if 5 of the top teams say no whats in it for the other teams surely its not money and yeah feel for the players but surely they know they are at risk and familys are so why do it unless they know anything different from what 5 of the top teams dont

11 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

To be fair when talbot said they aren't playing i was shocked but when cumnock pollock Glen's etc came out has well I was shocked but in the middle of this pandemic they must know this season is not going to happen and to be fair its a brave decision but the best 1 like a few have said what is the point in this season its going to get cancelled at some point why risk players the team and even loads of familys just to play a game in front of any fans i dont get it if 5 of the top teams say no whats in it for the other teams surely its not money and yeah feel for the players but surely they know they are at risk and familys are so why do it unless they know anything different from what 5 of the top teams dont

What a lot of drivel you are just going with whatever your club do you don't have an opinion on this you are a spineless gutless coward like the club you support who couldn't even do what the vast majority of clubs have done and stood tall during this pandemic to fight back and play football.  

Enjoy Saturdays without the talbot playing only another few moths to maybe hopefully you come back out of hibernation. 

What a lot of drivel you are just going with whatever your club do you don't have an opinion on this you are a spineless gutless coward like the club you support who couldn't even do what the vast majority of clubs have done and stood tall during this pandemic to fight back and play football.  
Enjoy Saturdays without the talbot playing only another few moths to maybe hopefully you come back out of hibernation. 
Oh I have a opinion and my opinion is the clubs who have pulled out have did the right thing those who have stayed on to play well thats upto them but it could be the wrong choice in the long run

13 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
4 hours ago, gaswork said:

Oh I have a opinion and my opinion is the clubs who have pulled out have did the right thing those who have stayed on to play well thats upto them but it could be the wrong choice in the long run

The entire WoSFL leadership should resign starting with those who were anti pyramid in the first place.

It is entirely true that some miracle might occur and covid vanishes within the next few months to a level that allows some fans to come back. If that happens, superb! The clubs that are sitting out can awaken from hibernation and resume playing friendlies.

I like the way the North Juniors are doing it - giving clubs the option to opt out of a league cup until new year, then starting regional league football in January. That is absolute common sense. The WoS gave clubs the option to delay the start of the season. Most of those sitting out now wished to do just that - Pollok's statement for one said if a delay was back on the table we'd be listening. The 30+ who wished for it were denied that option by a relatively small margin - as we know with recent political votes, the closer it is, the tougher it is for the losing side to take.

Anyway, the die has been cast and on we go. I wish all those kicking off today a safe season.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

It is entirely true that some miracle might occur and covid vanishes within the next ferw months to a level that allows some fans to come back. If that happens, superb! The clubs that are sitting out can awaken from hibernation and resume playing friendlies.

I like the way the North Juniors are doing it - giving clubs the option to opt out of a league cup until new year, then starting regional league football in January. That is absolute common sense. The WoS gave clubs the option to delay the start of the season. Most of those sitting out now wished to do just that - Pollok's statement for one said if a delay was back on the table we'd be listening. The 30+ who wished for it were denied that option by a relatively small margin - as we know with recent political votes, the closer it is, the tougher it is for the losing side to take.

Anyway, the die has been cast and on we go. I wish all those kicking off today a safe season.

Very well put, the fact that over 30 voted for a delay has been lost in all the sniping

Anyway the very best of luck to all going ahead, especially Kenny his heid must be bursting already and a few postponements today won't help.

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

The leadership from the WoSFL has been a disaster from day one.

I disagree this is only my opinion for what it is worth. We have never been confronted with a health situation like this. The uncertainty from week to week has plagued everybody connected with football  ( Forgive the pun)   The interim committee have let the clubs make all the decisions regarding the league. So why do you think they have been a disaster?