3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There was essentially a 'soft' deadline of Friday just passed. That saw the majority of clubs withdraw with the Premier becoming a 15 team league and the Conferences reshuffled into 3x 13 team Conferences.

There is however, a 'hard' deadline of November 14th(?) where clubs can withdraw without sanctions. Any withdrawals after November would see sanctions applied.

I wonder what they mean by sanctions.

4 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

I wonder what they mean by sanctions.

On 16/10/2020 at 12:24, sweep said:

The implications for clubs that drop out at the four week stage could be severe 1, They are no longer a member of the west of scotland association and would need to reapply next season 2, They could be fined up to £1000. 3 They could be deducted points next season. 4 They lose the £250 membership bond. 5 They are not insured to play friendlies  6 They would not be eligible for any grants or bail out money that may be coming as they are not a member of an association

The "second wave" has been slowing down considerably from its initial doubling every 9 days exponential over the last two weeks:

Something to bear in mind the next time you see any hysteria about it spinning out of control. Unless we all decide to live in a cave and totally crash the economy the harsh reality is that this thing is going to run its course one way or another. We should be relieved that it is nothing like as bad as initially feared and learn to deal with it intelligently rather than be paralysed by ongoing panic the way certain posters on this thread (e.g. Monthy Python's answer to Hopalong Cassidy on a previous page) appear to be. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

So is the Conferemce ploughing ahead with no promotion available? Can't see this being sustainable. Already heard of clubs losing players. Just think how disinterested players are going to get if they lose a few games and don't even have a wage to keep them happy.

8 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Already heard of clubs losing players. Just think how disinterested players are going to get if they lose a few games and don't even have a wage to keep them happy.

Most of the chat i've seen has been clubs that aren't playing are the ones losing players. With players moving to clubs participating as either signings or on loan. Others going amateur for the year.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Most of the chat i've seen has been clubs that aren't playing are the ones losing players. With players moving to clubs participating as either signings or on loan. Others going amateur for the year.

Amateur game in the central belt has been canned.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The "second wave" has been slowing down considerably from its initial doubling every 9 days exponential over the last two weeks:

Something to bear in mind the next time you see any hysteria about it spinning out of control. Unless we all decide to live in a cave and totally crash the economy the harsh reality is that this thing is going to run its course one way or another. We should be relieved that it is nothing like as bad as initially feared and learn to deal with it intelligently rather than be paralysed by ongoing panic the way certain posters on this thread (e.g. Monthy Python's answer to Hopalong Cassidy on a previous page) appear to be. 

I don’t see or hear any hysteria about it except in the media who lets be honest sensationalise just about everything.

I just see people taking sensible precautions and not putting themselves at risk unnecessarily which is being borne out by the number of teams having second thoughts about carrying on in the current circumstances,especially when more and more players are testing positive (not always reported on here for obvious reasons)

11 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

FAO our Trumpian poster - the 2nd wave is being suppressed by current restrictions.

I'm sure these people have the same approach to seat belts, and every other risk-management measure that society has designed.  In one way or another, risk management restricts almost everything any of us do.

I'm sure these free marketeers will be the same people that want their hip replacements undertaken by the Subway sandwich artist, or flown to Spain by the taxi driver.  But no, *those* kind of risk management and regulations are okay because it arbitrarily sits within their world view of what is reasonable to make life safe(R).

Just now, gogsy said:

Well to use an example the Lothian Health board area restrictions only came into play on 10th October which means the current restrictions would be only starting to affect it just about now. There are four council areas in that Health board area.  Edinburgh City daily cases seem to be already started downwards, East and Mid Lothian daily cases seem to be not much difference from what they were end of September. West Lothian seems to be a problem there though.  Forth Valley health board areas daily cases (Clackmannan, Falkirk and Stirling) don't seem to be increasing substantially since the since start of October either. 

But Glasgow has been under restrictions for longer and today was overtaken by Lanarkshire (which had tougher restrictions imposed later).

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Its fair to say your views will be affected because you are weegie based and you aren't noticing there are more than a few areas to the South, North and East of you that aren't anywhere near the absolute buckled mess that Glasgow and Lanarkshire areas are. 

Please note I'm note blaming anyone in those areas for the buckled mess.

I am not 'weegie based'. The point I was making is that Glasgow has been under 'no visitors' restrictions for weeks, Lanarkshire got that a few weeks later and it is only today that Lanarkshire overtakes Glasgow for new cases. That would imply to me some impact of the restrictions, and the blunting that Jason 'grinch' Leitch mentioned this week.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I'm sure these people have the same approach to seat belts, and every other risk-management measure that society has designed.  In one way or another, risk management restricts almost everything any of us do....

What on earth are you talking about? The obvious parallel is that we don't stop driving because there are some risks involved. We address the risk by taking sensible precautions. In a similar sort of way, we don't need to stop playing and watching fitba at the WoS sort of level at the moment, as long as we take sensible precautions on social distancing and hand sanitising etc to address the risks.

There are much bigger issues on transmission elsewhere in contexts that are not likely to get shut down any time soon, so this epidemic is going to run its course now regardless of whether Royal Albert or Lesmahagow decide to play games this season or not. It's frankly bizarre that some people on here seem to think that what happens with nonleague football is in any way pivotal.

Beyond that you'll find if you read up on the subject that Sweden followed the WHO's pre-existing pandemic protocols a lot more closely than all the countries that imposed draconian Chinese style lockdowns. Sweden is a left wing country with almost nothing in common with Donald Trump politically. Trump often tells lies about Sweden where immigration issues are concerned precisely because it usually pursues policies that are very different from his own.

Those who try to imply that a right wing vs left wing thing is going on where avoiding Chinese style draconian lockdowns are concerned are deluded. There are examples of both left and right wing governments imposing lockdowns, and of both left and right wing states deciding to go in another direction. This should be a public health issue not a political one. We really do need to bear in mind that an excessive focus on COVID-19 due to tabloid media driven hysteria is very bad news for people who need something like a cancer scan through the NHS at the moment to have any chance of still being alive 5 years from now.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

7 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Yeah ... 

At a recent friendly game I was filming I was informed by the match referee that I shouldnt have been filming as I couldn't be counted as an essential official, and the rules and regulations didn't allow me to film the game.  I found it strange the ref would approach me but had a feeling they have all been told to watch for unauthorised spectators. So I can see where Largs are coming from.

At a recent friendly game I was filming I was informed by the match referee that I shouldnt have been filming as I couldn't be counted as an essential official, and the rules and regulations didn't allow me to film the game.  I found it strange the ref would approach me but had a feeling they have all been told to watch for unauthorised spectators. So I can see where Largs are coming from.

I don’t believe that a match offical has the right to challenge that however I’ll look into it through a referee I know.

I have heard it is not a ref's job to do that - it is down to the club's covid compliance officer.

Someone filming games with permission of the home team I don't see as an issue - the top flight has camera men at games and journalists attend all SPFL closed door matches.

1 minute ago, not man of the match said:

I don’t believe that a match offical has the right to challenge that however I’ll look into it through a referee I know.

It does seem odd considering the WOSFL Discipline Appeals procedure  "Please note that all Appeals must be accompanied by video evidence of the incident or the Appeal shall not be permitted."