1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Again, I bow to your superior intellect. My grandaughter is only nine though, but she done the best she could. 

She has managed to do the full season though. It's not published because the I.T. Department have still to update the system to take into account the new Leagues.

When's the job application coming?

After i talk to TJ.

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Again, I bow to your superior intellect. My grandaughter is only nine though, but she done the best she could. 

She has managed to do the full season though. It's not published because the I.T. Department have still to update the system to take into account the new Leagues.

When's the job application coming?

First thing to do is stay off the hate filled forum.

3 hours ago, sweep said:

A lot of people fail to realise how difficult it is for anybody to be able to prepare for a  start on the 24/10/20 with the current problems we are facing and it will only get worse as other teams drop out. 

Still as positive as ever I see. Yous all should have stayed in the grade except those who actually wanted to get on with football

Still as positive as ever I see. Yous all should have stayed in the grade except those who actually wanted to get on with football

This has nothing to do with the grade. Stop dredging up the past to suit your argument.

I was very much in support of moving across but also support my clubs decision to sit it out to make sure it survives.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

This has nothing to do with the grade. Stop dredging up the past to suit your argument.

I was very much in support of moving across but also support my clubs decision to sit it out to make sure it survives.

Never said all were gradists. But too many people don't want the WOSFL to not work. Been so much negativity from the west. Yet we have got on with it in the east and no its not perfect. But comments like sweeps really don't help at all.

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Never said all were gradists. But too many people don't want the WOSFL to not work. Been so much negativity from the west. Yet we have got on with it in the east and no its not perfect. But comments like sweeps really don't help at all.

I would absolutely love it to work - but I am not convinced now is the time.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

I would absolutely love it to work - but I am not convinced now is the time.

In total agreement with that, of course its not the time, 
Heard today that in the past 24 hours its bene the highest infected with Covid recorded, some 1450 people in Scotland.  (still hoping I heard incorrectly)

No matter what anyone thinks, either who are against it or for it, the pyramid system is a great idea if run correctly and every association will have problems right now.  Just typical of the biggest amount of teams joining the SFA at once and then we are all hit with the Covid.  When we still have covid, everything will be up in the air but hopefully once dealt with I can see the pyramid system just growing.

The WOFSl and Lowland league are trying their best in the current circumstances to get it up and running due to the restrictions form the SFA and ultimately the Scottish Government 

49 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

In total agreement with that, of course its not the time, 
Heard today that in the past 24 hours its bene the highest infected with Covid recorded, some 1450 people in Scotland.  (still hoping I heard incorrectly

There because they coulldnt report previous days correctly. 

Maybe different for yous because the problem seems worse in the west. Forth valley got tarred with it . When they announce the cases the other 4 get mentioned but forth valley doesnt

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I've already said I was kind of dragged over to the Pyramid kicking and screaming. 

Yes there were a few of us who shared my views but I do not know any of us who don't want it to work.

Why would we want our teams to be actively harmed by an unsuccessful league?

I know us football fans love a good petty squabble but now is not the time. 

8 hours ago, Kennie said:

You, my good man, are 100% right, a shambles and a joke indeed.

Friday nights deadline for teams withdrawing was 8PM, the fixtures should have been out by 8:01PM. 

It's disgraceful that anyone would have taken part in a Zoom Meeting to sort out the Conferences structure. 2 hours in a meeting that should have been spent getting fixtures out.

How dare anyone then take some time out on a Friday night to enjoy some time with his family. Chilling out with a glass or 2 of a favourite tipple whilst watching a film on Netflix. Reprehensible!! Then to make matters worse to go on and postpone the planned release of the fixtures on Saturday at 5PM due to another team withdrawing after the Friday deadline. Shocking!! What was I thinking? Leaving the house to do a shopping for food? How dare anyone have a life outside of this? 

Fixtures finally released at 11AM on Sunday is not good enough. 

I will therefore look forward to your incoming application to join the IMG of the WoSFL and let me step down from this role. A role which clearly you are better suited to than me.

As for the website, the admin of that made a couple of copy and paste errors in his haste to let everyone know about all the games that nobody can go to. Sorry about that. I shall make sure he is sent to Outer Mongolia for that dreadful mistake.

Kennie Young

Soon to be ex-Secretary of WoSFL

You're doing a great job Kennie. 

Don't listen to this clown. 

I don't know or care what your initial views of the Pyramid were as that is irrelevant in your job as fixture Secretary.

All I know is even when still Junior you allowed clubs like mine to plan better than we ever had been able to.

Edited by WilliamBragg

Only saying this as an outsider looking in, but I reckon the pyramid  is a brilliant move, (forcing) clubs to do long overdue ground upgrades etc. I know that some graders get annoyed,but what were the benefits of  'staying junior' ?   Think the next thing to come from the hardworking WOSFL is what they will do IF we have another incomplete season. Keep up the good work, plenty of volunteers waiting to help it seems.

13 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Think the next thing to come from the hardworking WOSFL is what they will do IF we have another incomplete season. Keep up the good work, plenty of volunteers waiting to help it seems.

We already know what the WoSFL will do if there's a complete or incomplete season. 20 team WoS Premier Division and the 3x Conferences below.

The way it read to me was that it was aimed at all clubs who were opting out and they were doing it to sabotage the league. If that wasn’t the case then I apologise.

I personally don’t see why people don’t want it to work. If it doesn’t work it harms their clubs. There is no where for them to go. The west region has been dissolved.

I think it has been unfortunate that the first year has happened during a global pandemic and the think the IMG have been on a hiding to nothing trying to figure a way forward and have done a really good job so far in trying to make it work. When the option to opt out was offered I think it was sensible for clubs to take it if they were concerned about the financial aspects of making it work. As I have said on a number of occasions it’s a gamble for both sides and hopefully it works out for both sides.

As for the east I don’t really pay much attention to what has been happening and if you guys have made it work then good on you and good luck. I did read with interest the issues dunipace had a few weeks back which could and will happen to other clubs so it something I hope leagues take into account.

I also noticed that France have banned crowds again in their hotspot areas leading to the situation where fans were allowed for Rennes but not PSG in the CL tonight. I wonder if that is something that might feature in our tiers that will be getting announced this week.

As Alan says that figure was down to the failure to get tests done at the Lighthouse facility in Glasgow at the weekend. Sundays figure was 316, yesterdays was 993, todays was 1450. The remaining backlog will be included in tomorrow figures I think according to Nicola Sturgeon. Best to take an average for Sun-Tue when we get the figures. 

Did pick up thought Jason Leitch’s point that he felt that the doubling time had increased due to the restrictions but wouldn’t commit to saying the peak had passed in the central belt when asked only saying, as you point out above, that the figures need to be assessed further for this week due to the issues over the weekend at the Lighthouse Lab.

Also got to bear in mind that as soon as the current restrictions are eased, cases will climb again. All that the mini lockdowns are really equivalent to is holding someone under water - as soon as you let go, they come up again. Cases will rise again. This has never been denied and it's openly the strategy - keep the impact on NHS at as realistic a minimum as possible.That we're artificially plateauing at 1000+ cases a day doesn't bode well for the weeks ahead.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The way it read to me was that it was aimed at all clubs who were opting out and they were doing it to sabotage the league. If that wasn’t the case then I apologise.

I personally don’t see why people don’t want it to work. If it doesn’t work it harms their clubs. There is no where for them to go. The west region has been dissolved.

I think it has been unfortunate that the first year has happened during a global pandemic and the think the IMG have been on a hiding to nothing trying to figure a way forward and have done a really good job so far in trying to make it work. When the option to opt out was offered I think it was sensible for clubs to take it if they were concerned about the financial aspects of making it work. As I have said on a number of occasions it’s a gamble for both sides and hopefully it works out for both sides.

As for the east I don’t really pay much attention to what has been happening and if you guys have made it work then good on you and good luck. I did read with interest the issues dunipace had a few weeks back which could and will happen to other clubs so it something I hope leagues take into account.

I also noticed that France have banned crowds again in their hotspot areas leading to the situation where fans were allowed for Rennes but not PSG in the CL tonight. I wonder if that is something that might feature in our tiers that will be getting announced this week.

Not sure everything with the dunipace thing was as accurate as he seemed to have fell into the we cant trap. Hes been quiet since track and trace realise they had made a James hunt of it and said the team didnt need to isolate. The same happened to shire in pre season.

A lot of people don't want it to work and want to return to the juniors. Their was people still like that involved in clubs or quit clubs in the east when the moves happened.

Clubs need to do what is right for them but being honest with no promotion or relegation teams can come back where they were wosfl would be better pulling out or just having a mini league cup type season

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Also got to bear in mind that as soon as the current restrictions are eased, cases will climb again. All that the mini lockdowns are really equivalent to is holding someone under water - as soon as you let go, they come up again. Cases will rise again. This has never been denied and it's openly the strategy - keep the impact on NHS at as realistic a minimum as possible.That we're artificially plateauing at 1000+ cases a day doesn't bode well for the weeks ahead.

Let's face it the mindset you have is clearly half glass full.  You can bleat on for the next year about stats and figures and this and that hoping more teams pull out and things don't work out and the just majority of us who support the restart can enjoy our clubs being back playing and the small relief and distraction that the football will brings us in these times . 

Not sure everything with the dunipace thing was as accurate as he seemed to have fell into the we cant trap. Hes been quiet since track and trace realise they had made a James hunt of it and said the team didnt need to isolate. The same happened to shire in pre season.
A lot of people don't want it to work and want to return to the juniors. Their was people still like that involved in clubs or quit clubs in the east when the moves happened.
Clubs need to do what is right for them but being honest with no promotion or relegation teams can come back where they were wosfl would be better pulling out or just having a mini league cup type season
Everything I said about the Dunipace thing was accurate, if I'm who you are talking about. And it got worse as I actually had to play on the Tuesday night myself, rather than just be in the squad as I was on the Saturday. That's me played for Dunipace in 4 different decades now......

Others commenting, it was 100% conjecture to suit their viewpoint, rather than any representation of reality.

17 hours ago, WilliamBragg said:

You're doing a great job Kennie. 

Don't listen to this clown. 

I don't know or care what your initial views of the Pyramid were as that is irrelevant in your job as fixture Secretary.

All I know is even when still Junior you allowed clubs like mine to plan better than we ever had been able to.

Behave, if the guy cant take criticism then walk away.

Btw, the Juniors are history so there's no need for drip feeding a few games at a time.