43 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Based on say an 18 man squad and management, that's a pretty high number. Heard of clubs down in Bristol (step 5/6) having a weekly budget of £2,000 getting under 200 through the gate at £6 a head. Must be generous sponsors eh.

yeah well crowds are higher than that at the clubs I am thinking of but it will be more like a 20-24 man squad plus management.

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

yeah well crowds are higher than that at the clubs I am thinking of but it will be more like a 20-24 man squad plus management.

With Pollok for example. one of the big clubs, with paying support and no sugar daddy, Id say their average crowd being somewhere from 400 to 600, ( some games were way above that size), last year and with a normal playing squad about 24/25, the minimum they would be paying out just for playing staff would be about £2000 a week, and that's a conservative estimate on outlay, I'd really expect nearing £3000 and if Pollok were charging £7 a game for the new season and new league then it would be somewhere between £2800 and £4200 a week that they are bringing in if its one game per week.

Personally this tells me that its totally understandable why Pollok pulled the plug this season and I don't blame them.
You could go through the reasoning for each and every team who has withdrawn this season and the same with every team that stayed.
We could never envisage this Covid effect throughout the world and how its massacred our football throughout the country and I don't think any blame can be put on any of the clubs for their decision or for the associations and the decisions they came to being spelt out by the Government and Nicola Sturgeon

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

6 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Hopefully this not the long term future with joke fixture lists from the Junior days.

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

With Pollok for example. one of the big clubs, with paying support and no sugar daddy, Id say their average crowd being somewhere from 400 to 600, ( some games were way above that size), last year and with a normal playing squad about 24/25, the minimum they would be paying out just for playing staff would be about £2000 a week, and that's a conservative estimate on outlay, I'd really expect nearing £3000 and if Pollok were charging £7 a game for the new season and new league then it would be somewhere between £2800 and £4200 a week that they are bringing in if its one game per week.

Personally this tells me that its totally understandable why Pollok pulled the plug this season and I don't blame them.
You could go through the reasoning for each and every team who has withdrawn this season and the same with every team that stayed.
We could never envisage this Covid effect throughout the world and how its massacred our football throughout the country and I don't think any blame can be put on any of the clubs for their decision or for the associations and the decisions they came to being spelt out by the Government and Nicola Sturgeon

Last season's average for all games was 520, 547 in the league alone.

Are the players from the clubs that have withdrawn entitled to leave for free?
Most of Pollok's players are on two year deals and I'd imagine they prepared these contracts with this eventuality in mind. I'd expect to see a fair few season long loan deals but it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

8 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
34 minutes ago, John S said:

Most of Pollok's players are on two year deals and I'd imagine they prepared these contracts with this eventuality in mind. I'd expect to see a fair few season long loan deals but it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

They’ll need to pay them full wages to keep them under contract surely? They’d be in breech if they didn’t.

9 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
35 minutes ago, John S said:

Loan deals seem silly if player safety and welfare is so important to the clubs, what are for example Rossvale doing differently that Pollok aren’t when it comes to player safety and welfare? Surely if you are so concerned for your players safety you wouldn’t be loaning them to another club in the same league with the same conditions as you would had you played 

39 minutes ago, ibenji said:

Loan deals seem silly if player safety and welfare is so important to the clubs, what are for example Rossvale doing differently that Pollok aren’t when it comes to player safety and welfare? Surely if you are so concerned for your players safety you wouldn’t be loaning them to another club in the same league with the same conditions as you would had you played 

Then the decisions were based upon the economics not so much player welfare?

1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

They’ll need to pay them full wages to keep them under contract surely? They’d be in breech if they didn’t.

Yes correct, if the player is on a professional contract. Also if they loan the player out to a team who will pay their wages then said player is still contracted to Pollok.
for example I think I'm correct in thinking that a Pollok player is loaned out to BSC

The players themselves will have view on what's good for them and whether they want to play or not.

19 minutes ago, John S said:

The players themselves will have view on what's good for them and whether they want to play or not.

The player's views don't absolve the employer from their responsibility under the Health and Safety At Work legislation.

1 hour ago, Onebawcity1 said:
2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:
The player's views don't absolve the employer from their responsibility under the Health and Safety At Work legislation.

But I'm sure it would be a welcome option for clubs, having another club take them off the wage bill for a season

:) :) :)

15 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Hopefully this not the long term future with joke fixture lists from the Junior days.

The divisions were only decided on the night of 16th after the deadline had passed. Then the fixtures were out on the 18th. Juggling 4 idle teams, the SCC participation and a few groundshares takes a bit of work.

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

If clubs follow the guidelines/laws re covid then it would be mighty difficult to pin the blame on them for a player getting the disease, wouldn't it? The disease can be picked up elsewhere!

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yes correct, if the player is on a professional contract. Also if they loan the player out to a team who will pay their wages then said player is still contracted to Pollok.
for example I think I'm correct in thinking that a Pollok player is loaned out to BSC

We signed Darren Christie who made his debut and scored on Saturday. Couldn't tell you if its a loan deal or permanent though.