5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

😃😃😃Absolute shambles, are you telling me 50+ treasurers haven't actually been working things out in recent weeks/months?

There all gutted cause there teams pulled out while telling everyone else there wrong to play if teams can afford to play then all the better get the football going and get lads playing again 

Edited by Derry

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

😃😃😃Absolute shambles, are you telling me 50+ treasurers haven't actually been working things out in recent weeks/months?

Quite sure they have and I’m sure it’s not a unanimous decision at all clubs that are committed to play on …… many hoping that fans are going to be let in sooner rather than later 

As I said above IMO there playing Russian Roulette with the future of their clubs 

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Quite sure they have and I’m sure it’s not a unanimous decision at all clubs that are committed to play on …… many hoping that fans are going to be let in sooner rather than later 

As I said above IMO there playing Russian Roulette with the future of their clubs 

So are the teams who have pulled out it’s a gamble either way 

Just now, Derry said:

So are the teams who have pulled out it’s a gamble either way 

On that we can agree.

Away from the football side of things I think what people are forgetting are that most of the clubs are imbedded in the local community and a lot of their money comes from local small businesses who are just about to hit the buffers when furlough ends at the end of the month. For most clubs it’s the same well that they go to and I’m afraid that it could be running dry.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

And yet again another attempt to denigrate the clubs that have started the season.

Sorry don’t agree no attempt to denigrate any club .

My club has taken the decision to play on but it was not unanimous among the committee and that is for them to work out .

Was on the committee for years ( gave up due to work commitments) and know just how much money is required under normal circumstances to stay afloat.

Good luck to all clubs those playing on and those taking time out … … just hope everyone come out the other end.

2 hours ago, Derry said:

Some of the teams fans etc who have pulled out are having a hard time here lol there adamant it’s the right thing to do but all they do is snipe at everyone else move on lads have a year off the same as your teams 

Just a bit o banter Bankies and Blasties fans have always got on well.

Aye we not allowed to come on here until we return ? Chill out and enjoy watching your team play.

Am ever hopeful that fans can come back in 2021, in decent numbers too. Guess that most clubs did the maths and were hoping fans would be back by November/December. If anyone knows, what sort of money are clubs talking about , £50 - £100 a game ? or more than that ? Helps to understand what clubs actually require every week just to keep going. 

To be honest I dont think clubs are wrong either way to withdraw or carry on .Its a gamble either way .

My honest opinion is the league could turn into a car crash with fixture pile ups with bad weather and covid restricions (players testing positive and local or national  lockdowns.)I know fixture pile ups  are  nothing new in our game with teams in Spring playing 3 times a week to catch up ..... but kinda defeats the purpose  of what we are trying to  achieve in restarting

Hopefully I am proved wrong and I am back to freezing my balls off watching the fitba after christmas !    

Edited by holsten

11 minutes ago, holsten said:

To be honest I dont think clubs are wrong either way to withdraw or carry on .Its a gamble either way .

My honest opinion is the league could turn into a car crash with fixture pile ups with bad weather and covid restricions (players testing positive and local or national  lockdowns.)I know fixture pile ups  are  nothing new in our game with teams in Spring playing 3 times a week to catch up ..... but kinda defeats the purpose but of what we are trying to  achieve in restarting

Hopefully I am proved wrong and I am back to freezing my balls off watching the fitba after christmas !    

very well said.

Am ever hopeful that fans can come back in 2021, in decent numbers too. Guess that most clubs did the maths and were hoping fans would be back by November/December. If anyone knows, what sort of money are clubs talking about , £50 - £100 a game ? or more than that ? Helps to understand what clubs actually require every week just to keep going. 

It depends on the level. For the top league some clubs would need to bring in excess of £1500 per week to break even. There will be some clubs in the conference who require the same. I would guess the average would be somewhere between £500/£1000.

Some clubs who have stayed in have reached agreements with player on deferrals etc and some will be doing fundraising to help see them through.

Is there anything in the rule book about clubs not managing to play games due to covid i.e point deductions etc ?

Not sure but there will be standard punishments for not for filling fixtures but I would hope they would. Someone from Dunipace mentioned that they would have been fined and docked points even though they had players self isolating but not sure what the case would be.

I would hope that the league would be flexible and not dock point teams for following health advice.

Maybe it depends on whether the League's believe the game can be replayed - possibly award the points, but not fine the club involved, not really their faults is it ? Saw in today's NLP that the Northern Premier Lge are thinking of using an alternative fixture list IF the lockdown and restrictions  up north go on too long. 

15 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Maybe it depends on whether the League's believe the game can be replayed - possibly award the points, but not fine the club involved, not really their faults is it ? Saw in today's NLP that the Northern Premier Lge are thinking of using an alternative fixture list IF the lockdown and restrictions  up north go on too long. 

You're not comparing like with like.

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're not comparing like with like.

Meant the restrictions across the North West of England and was just glad to see that a League was putting a plan B into place - rather than last season's farcical endings. Think every league in England & Scotland faces difficult times and decisions ahead, hope the Scots can get back to watching games asap.

18 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Meant the restrictions across the North West of England and was just glad to see that a League was putting a plan B into place - rather than last season's farcical endings. Think every league in England & Scotland faces difficult times and decisions ahead, hope the Scots can get back to watching games asap.

I could be wrong but I don't think Scottish non league has the infrastructure or personell to deal with such a new and changing situation. That becomes more pronounced at club level. NPL and the other equivalent leagues are miles ahead.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

There are clubs in this set up with SIX figure annual wage bills. Others that pay expenses only.

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

There are clubs in this set up with SIX figure annual wage bills. Others that pay expenses only.

Based on say an 18 man squad and management, that's a pretty high number. Heard of clubs down in Bristol (step 5/6) having a weekly budget of £2,000 getting under 200 through the gate at £6 a head. Must be generous sponsors eh.