Just now, ibenji said:

its not just about fans not getting into games by the way. Some fans enjoy following their team even if they cant get into the ground. Some clubs will provide live stream coverage and they'll still be able to follow their team whether thats online or in the local newspaper. Fans will get back in eventually maybe not in 2020 but you would hope that  by 2021 we'll be able to have some back in.

I bow to your superior knowledge on the covid pandemic. Also very few clubs have a streaming facility.

46 minutes ago, ibenji said:

its not knowledge, its just a personal hope. But yeah its all about fans getting back in. Nothing about the badge on the jersey or the players wearing it or being a part of something!

No you're right enough. Hang the figures, at least we can see how our team gets on. It'll kill 5 minutes on a Saturday.

Why don't the sg tell us the health condition. And the ages of the people who die from covid. That would at least remove at least some of the fear factor surely. 
FWIW, I'm not scared of dying of Covid. I'm scared of being a link in a chain that kills someone - especially someone I care about.

Killing people who are over 70 but have 10 years left in them, or who have diabetes but should live another 40 years, is not at all cool.

Thankfully out of what nearly 200 non league clubs only a small handful have decided to withdraw,  thankfully the vast majority are willing to make a go of this and work at it and not have life totally dictated to by a virus that is here to stay and has to be confronted head on,  hiding away hoping for the best will only lead to disaster for clubs involved and society in general. 

39 minutes ago, gaswork said:

Thankfully out of what nearly 200 non league clubs only a small handful have decided to withdraw,  thankfully the vast majority are willing to make a go of this and work at it and not have life totally dictated to by a virus that is here to stay and has to be confronted head on,  hiding away hoping for the best will only lead to disaster for clubs involved and society in general. 

I think you need to respect peoples decisions in a pandemic that even the top scientists know very little about. Most of the clubs have pulled out because it would have been a disaster to carry on.

I can see how clubs who have sugar daddies can play on but where is the money coming from for the majority clubs ???

Players might play for zilch because at a lot of clubs that is what normally happens.

But there is still an outlay for clubs travelling, players insurance, ground rent, rates, water rates, training facilities in the winter month, ect

I know gate money comes nowhere near cover these items but it along with catering, raffles, match day hospitality helps. 
Clubs run their last man standing, football cards, bonus ball, Xmas raffles but a lot of that is generated on match day and in the local pubs.

My club usually runs 2 -3 race night a quiz night and a speakers dinner … all usually in the local bowling club at no charge to the club and a significant amount of money is raised from these events. None of them will be happening this year in the current climate.

To date I have contributed to donate a ticket on a number of occasions, paid my £10 for last man standing and also weekly bonus ball, unfortunately my son has just being told he’s being made redundant at end of the month (end of furlough) and I’m sure he won’t be the only one. My priorities know are family not the local football team.

IMO and it’s only my opinion a lot of teams are putting their very existence on the line by playing with no fans 

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I also have seen reference to teams having players 'defer' wages- are they looking to be paid in full when fans do return? And how many fans have to return for wages to kick in?

And some clubs might struggle to get enough of their fans back considering they cared not a jot about them when deciding to play.

25 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

I can see how clubs who have sugar daddies can play on but where is the money coming from for the majority clubs ???

Players might play for zilch because at a lot of clubs that is what normally happens.

But there is still an outlay for clubs travelling, players insurance, ground rent, rates, water rates, training facilities in the winter month, ect

I know gate money comes nowhere near cover these items but it along with catering, raffles, match day hospitality helps. 
Clubs run their last man standing, football cards, bonus ball, Xmas raffles but a lot of that is generated on match day and in the local pubs.

My club usually runs 2 -3 race night a quiz night and a speakers dinner … all usually in the local bowling club at no charge to the club and a significant amount of money is raised from these events. None of them will be happening this year in the current climate.

To date I have contributed to donate a ticket on a number of occasions, paid my £10 for last man standing and also weekly bonus ball, unfortunately my son has just being told he’s being made redundant at end of the month (end of furlough) and I’m sure he won’t be the only one. My priorities know are family not the local football team.

IMO and it’s only my opinion a lot of teams are putting their very existence on the line by playing with no fans 

All these clubs know themselves what gets them by far better than anyone , all these fans at other clubs on guessing at this guessing at that on how they can survive. 

They will survive because the people in charge know what they are doing , they have survived far worse than a virus  that has to be confronted at some point .

All participants  are now all looking forward to this coming season starting today as the fixtures have been announced and what a fixture list it is! 

All these so called bigger clubs definetly expected far far more clubs to have pulled out than have you can bet your house on it now they are left  scratching their heads wondering what the hell have we just done. 

Edited by gaswork

7 minutes ago, gaswork said:

All these clubs know themselves what gets them by far better than anyone , all these fans at other clubs on guessing at this guessing at that on how they can survive. 

They will survive because the people in charge know what they are doing , they have survived far worse than a virus  that has to be confronted at some point .

All participants  are now all looking forward to this coming season starting today as the fixtures have been announced and what a fixture list it is! 

All these so called bigger clubs definetly expected far far more clubs to have pulled out than have you can bet your house on it now they are left  scratching their heads wondering what the hell have we just done. 

The only one definitely wrong is you.

35 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The only one definitely wrong is you.

If spectators are back in by the turn of the year and the "second wave" peak is very much in the rear view mirror by then, sitting around at home with no games to play until August is going to look like a very misguided decision that some clubs may take years to fully recover from.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

6 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

I’ll not be missing anything 😋

Some of the teams fans etc who have pulled out are having a hard time here lol there adamant it’s the right thing to do but all they do is snipe at everyone else move on lads have a year off the same as your teams 

Edited by Derry

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

I think you need to respect peoples decisions in a pandemic that even the top scientists know very little about. Most of the clubs have pulled out because it would have been a disaster to carry on.

I do agree that decisions - both ways - should be respected. There's no guarantee that the decisions made will prove to be the correct one but they've been made and we need to move on.